Epcot is a giant mess!

I don’t think so... the busses are a hike at EP IMO and if you get there and park at rope drop it’s not horrible right now

One day we have a PPO breakfast, so I guess we'll drive. On a different day, we plan to arrive around 11am, which sounds like a bus day.

Pardon ignorance, what is the bag check line?
Re construction at this and other theme park entrances, do we need to allow ourselves more time re rope drop etc?

So how is the bag check line at the international gateway? Last year we were at Contemporary and had to go through security at the monorail and again at the park, which took forever. We were almost late to an early Akershus breakfast. This year we are again staying at the contempory and I have been thinking about getting a minnie van or uber to take us to beach club and walk.

The entrance way and Future World will all be rough for quite some time. Up until the 50th just about Im sure. But the entrance way work should be done sooner I suspect. To be fair the bag lines were ALREADY the slowest of any of the parks before the work started. Im sure thats being addresses with the redesign.
Exactly my thought when I read the OP.
Epcot and slow bag check has been the same since bag check started.

So how is the bag check line at the international gateway? Last year we were at Contemporary and had to go through security at the monorail and again at the park, which took forever. We were almost late to an early Akershus breakfast. This year we are again staying at the contempory and I have been thinking about getting a minnie van or uber to take us to beach club and walk.
Fine. It's been reworked and moved around some. It's never been as slow as the front though

Does Uber drop you off within a reasonable walk?
Uber drop off is right where Electric car charging is. Used to be a light walk but they construction areas around the monorail ramps rerouted the walk and it's more circumvented than before
If you are paying for Uber have them drop you at Beach Club and use the IG.
Unless you plan to visit FW, then you are walking even further.
Re construction at this and other theme park entrances, do we need to allow ourselves more time re rope drop etc?
Bag check line is a line for security to check bags

Went through this on a very rainy May afternoon. If only it had not been raining, I wouldn't have minded the walk.

You must go through a security "bag check" at all theme parks, If you have any bags, purse, co older (includin g a basket under a stroller). It is common especially at Epcot for these lines to be long. Also, not sure about Epcot construction effecting parking etc. It would be a good idea to allow yourself extra time for rope drop. The parks have been known to allow people into the parks a little before park opening. I'm going to suggest that you arrive anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes before rope drop. You will not be the only one in line at that time.

If you are driving to MK you definitely want to allow more ti me than I suggested above. Construction at ticket and transportation center is also a mess.

We came in from the monorail or bus, not the parking lot, I didn’t find it to be any worse than usual over these past two weeks. It looks like a mess with everything going on at the entrance, but security lines weren’t bad.

We came in from the monorail or bus, not the parking lot, I didn’t find it to be any worse than usual over these past two weeks. It looks like a mess with everything going on at the entrance, but security lines weren’t bad.
The walk from the parking lot or even where the tram currently drops off is long. Not worse that mk but still a hike

Atlas by staying at BCV, I can go in via the IG and avoid it. I'm just hoping that the skyway isn't fully open when I go in mid-September.
I fully expect to see the skyway open before SWGE opens the end of August. With all the testing they are doing, I can't imagine they are too far away from opening. Just hoping that they have the IG remodel done before the skyway opens.

I fully expect to see the skyway open before SWGE opens the end of August. With all the testing they are doing, I can't imagine they are too far away from opening. Just hoping that they have the IG remodel done before the skyway opens.
While I expect the DHS line open before SWGE, I would feel less confident expebting the Epcot station would be open then (because it might depend on the condition of Riviera)

Good to know! Sounds like not driving is the way to go right now.

While I expect the DHS line open before SWGE, I would feel less confident expebting the Epcot station would be open then (because it might depend on the condition of Riviera)
Actually it doesn't depend on Riviera at all, as it doesn't need to stop there at all. But the Epcot line is expected to open after the DHS one, with DHS station opening by the opening day of SWGE

IG needs to be completely done or very close to it before they open the skyliner station there. The foot traffic through IG will double if not triple and as it is right now it would not be able to handle the flow. I was at Epcot for July 4th and left through IG after the fireworks at the crowds were at a standstill even before hitting the exit point (backed up before the gift shop)

IG needs to be completely done or very close to it before they open the skyliner station there. The foot traffic through IG will double if not triple and as it is right now it would not be able to handle the flow. I was at Epcot for July 4th and left through IG after the fireworks at the crowds were at a standstill even before hitting the exit point (backed up before the gift shop)
That new area while it's under construction is tight

If you are paying for Uber have them drop you at Beach Club and use the IG.

I second this. We tried to use Uber in May, and it was a nightmare, the driver couldn't find us, and the CMs kept sending us to the wrong area for pickup. It's most likely only gotten worse since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter