Epcot - Left or Right at World Showcase?

Left is objectively the most popular answer but imho it depends on what your plans for the day are… because if you are prioritizing ratatouille definitely right is the better option

As per the official Disney EPCOT promotional material, you are supposed to start in Canada and end in Mexico.

If you want to make Walt and Roy spin in their graves... do the exact opposite, that juju is on you.
If you pay attention to DisTwitter, you would know Walt has been turning for years! 😆

Based on these responses it seems going to the right would be less crowded. :-)
Which is quite interesting, because I read a study that says people in general when facing a right or left choice, the majority go right. Therefore, regardless of which park I'm in, I always go left! :)

If you pay attention to DisTwitter, you would know Walt has been turning for years! 😆
With all the turning Roy and Walt have done in their graves, they get more exercise dead than they did when they were alive. :rotfl2:

As for which direction I go. I'm a creature of habit. I sit in the same pew every Sunday morning. I get the same Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato with toffee nut instead of vanilla and upside down from Starbucks every morning. I see the same barber every second Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am. I park in the same spot every day for work. I go through the same motions to my desk. I live a boring life.

With that, if I'm staying in the Boardwalk area, we always do rope drop for Epcot (creature of habit, LOL), once we cross the International Gateway we turn left and head for the front of the park and the ride attractions. Once we are done we head back, stop at Disney Traders & Port of Entry, and then turn left and start with Mexico and work our way around to Canada. If I enter the park from the front gate... I still do the same thing. LOL (creature of habit).

The first time we went we went right because I think we were hoping to see Belle in France. This was many years ago. Since then we almost always start on the right because it is just what we do.
It really does not matter.

Unless you are entering EE, then right is only open to France.
Actually the last time I was there for EE opening, it was fully open-well, at least the walkway was. I didn't feel like doing any attractions, so I took a leisurely stroll around WS and took some photos of WS totally empty. I found one Joffrey stand open, which is good, since the reason I'd done EE was in hopes the French Bakery opened early for breakfast. Sadly, it didn't. But if you want a unique (empty) perspective of WS, do EE from the WS and just walk past France. No one stops you.

Actually the last time I was there for EE opening, it was fully open-well, at least the walkway was. I didn't feel like doing any attractions, so I took a leisurely stroll around WS and took some photos of WS totally empty. I found one Joffrey stand open, which is good, since the reason I'd done EE was in hopes the French Bakery opened early for breakfast. Sadly, it didn't. But if you want a unique (empty) perspective of WS, do EE from the WS and just walk past France. No one stops you.
Nice to know. We were there last October and they had people standing just past France and not letting anyone pass by until WS officially opened. You had to walk past Mexico to get over to Norway.

I'm looking at MDE and unless it's a special case for right now, Epcot no longer appears to have a tiered opening. It's showing the entire park opening at the same time. Today's hours were 9:00AM - 9:00PM. The vast majority of shops also open for those hours. Exceptions are:
- Good Fortune Gifts
- House of Good Fortune
- Mitsukoshi Department Store

Those 3 opened at 11:00 but everything else was 9:00.

What is your favorite Epcot strategy for World Showcase? Do you go left to Mexico for a margarita and the Gran Fiesta Tour or right to Canada and see Far and Wide? I'm going to visit our cast member daughter in October and will have a least one day in the parks by myself and want to know which way you enjoyed the most for a leisurely stroll through World Showcase.
For F&W we go right
Th rest of the time we go left

On the rare occasion we're coming in from IG, we'll go right, but every other time it's just in our nature to go left. We need those schoolbread carbs for the journey!

First day, coming from the main entrance, it is usually to the left towards Mexico. Chances are we won't make it all the way around, so we'll start at Canada on another day.

But, if staying at the Yacht Club and using the International Gateway, all rules are off and we could go wither way.
Yup!

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking, but I have a remotely related question.
Is it better now that both open at the same time to start at the front then go back to world showcase, or is it better to hit world shocase whlle the crowds hit the front and then move back to the front when the crowds are moving to world showcase?

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking, but I have a remotely related question.
Is it better now that both open at the same time to start at the front then go back to world showcase, or is it better to hit world shocase whlle the crowds hit the front and then move back to the front when the crowds are moving to world showcase?
Something someone just mentioned in another thread is (and this was new to me) the food booths are not open until 11AM so that could make a difference to some. If you wish to eat in WS, you may wish to wait until 11:00 as many of the food locations will not be open. There will be some but few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter