• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saw a blogger yesterday at EPCOT who pointed out a monorail running on the EPCOT line. Looked like just after closing. Any word on testing possibly with a return soon?

Yes, I saw that. Super Enthused was with Paging mr Morrow ( who I was watching) and the Epcot monorail went by! I was soo happy to see it. Epcot is just not the same without it.

Super Enthused’s video from yesterday (Feb 11) showed them testing the Epcot monorail around park close. If they’re testing, I would imagine it’s coming back soon.
We are going to be staying at Contemporary Feb 199 through March 1st, so my guess is it will start running on March 2nd with my luck, but I would delighted if sooner.

I doubt it will start running until park hopping is relaxed, hours are longer and night time shows are back.
With limited park hours and park hopping, it seems it would be very expensive to run for the number of guests using it.

True, but resort part of the Poly is still closed until summer at the earliest.

WDW News Today posted a story this morning about how it looked like they were going to open the EPCOT monorail, but now, they've posted an update that they've decided not to.

Drat.

Personally, I don’t think they will be in a rush to open it while the construction in FW is going on. By the time things get more normalized as far as PH and crowd levels are concerned, there won’t be as much demolition going on and the rebuild will be farther along. Having the monorail open would also encourage more PH right now, and I don’t think they really want too many people hopping right now. I do believe it will open eventually, perhaps in time for the anniversary this fall.

What does the monorail currently service as the "Express Monorail"? Are you allowed to take it if you don't have a monorail resort reservation?

What does the monorail currently service as the "Express Monorail"? Are you allowed to take it if you don't have a monorail resort reservation?
The Express Monorail travels nonstop from TTC to MK and back again. You don’t need a resort reservation to ride it. The Resort Monorail travels TTC (past Poly for now - will stop there when renovations complete) to GF to MK to CR and back to TTC. You do not need a resort reservation to ride that one, either!

WDW News Today posted a story this morning about how it looked like they were going to open the EPCOT monorail, but now, they've posted an update that they've decided not to.

Drat.
Unsurprising, as that site frequently shares completely unsubstantiated rumors for clickbait.

I don’t think the rumors about the Epcot monorail were completely unsubstantiated. It was seen doing test runs, and cast members were placing the 6’ space marking tape all along the walkways and ramps.
I feel Disney was looking to open it, but then decided against it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter