Epcot Monorail

No clue but someone floated the idea past me yesterday that it won't reopen until the construction pit in the middle of "World Celebration" is reaching some point where they could say they're done with it for now.

No clue but someone floated the idea past me yesterday that it won't reopen until the construction pit in the middle of "World Celebration" is reaching some point where they could say they're done with it for now.
Good point, wouldn't make sense to open it before the renovations to Epcot are finished or at least close to being finished.

Good point, wouldn't make sense to open it before the renovations to Epcot are finished or at least close to being finished.
Man. That's could be quite a while still. We're trying to gauge when to come back to the Poly, but we don't want to do so until the monorails are all up and running.

I don't expect it to run until park hopping is back and evening shows are running.

I think it will not return until they can put more guests in the MK trains. I have read, and it seemed like it, that they are using those trains for the rides to MK.

They were running the Epcot monorail yesterday for the first time since the closures as far as anybody knows. That, along with at least a semblance of park hopping being back, leads me to believe sooner rather than later. They ran it while construction/destruction started. I don't buy into the prying eyes thing. This is primarily about money and secondarily about need. That plus they probably used this time to do what they're calling "refurbishment" to some of the other trains. I'll be surprised if the Epcot monorail isn't running way before Easter.

My bet is for the 50th it will be running. We already have modified park hopping. Most should be vaccinated by summer. But with everything shut down for over a year, I’m sure a lot cannot afford a vacation, that otherwise could have. Plus a lot of WDW guests are from other countries. Who knows when traveling bans will be lifted. The current president is contemplating travel bans fro
State to state.

Last edited:
They were running the Epcot monorail yesterday for the first time since the closures as far as anybody knows. That, along with at least a semblance of park hopping being back, leads me to believe sooner rather than later. They ran it while construction/destruction started. I don't buy into the prying eyes thing. This is primarily about money and secondarily about need. That plus they probably used this time to do what they're calling "refurbishment" to some of the other trains. I'll be surprised if the Epcot monorail isn't running way before Easter.

I so hope you're right and it doesn't wait until the 50th. I have a July stay at VGF and I was really hoping to monorail over to Epcot.

Since we check out from BLT on March 1st, I am betting on it running starting on March 2nd.....lol
I little refurbishment of the trains is long due. The one in Tokyo Disney (you have to pay to get on it) is really cute.
Some pixie dust your way !

Any news on this subject it has been awhile. I am hoping for the Epcot monorail to be up and running for the summer!

Any news on this subject it has been awhile. I am hoping for the Epcot monorail to be up and running for the summer!

No, but honestly, I don’t see it until they can put more people on the monorails. I believe they are using those to do the MK loop. When we were there, they definitely had more going than normal.

No, but honestly, I don’t see it until they can put more people on the monorails. I believe they are using those to do the MK loop. When we were there, they definitely had more going than normal.
They were testing just before our last trip, the problem actually turned out to be capacity on the resort platforms. Simply put they couldn't find a way to handle 6 ft spacing between parties with that many extra parties on the platforms.

Hoping it’s up and running for my trip the end of June. Staying at contemporary and wanted to use both monorails :(

A cast member working the monorail loop said the same thing to me. . . That they are using some of the Epcot trains to reduce crowding on the MK loop.

Not running 2 weeks ago.
I don't expect to see it running until capacity is higher and the restrictions on park hopping are removed.

Not running 2 weeks ago.
I don't expect to see it running until capacity is higher and the restrictions on park hopping are removed.
The Governor just lifted all Covid restrictions in Florida, Disney will probably still keep a limit on guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter