EPCOT Moonlight Magic Event

I have a reservation for 6 on the 11th. Due to high school and Nutcracker rehearsal, our family will not be able to go. I dropped my Saratoga Springs studio for the night and still have my original email with my reservation so I can drop the Epcot event. Just pm me and we can coordinate. (I did this last year for someone for a Beach Bash and it worked. She was ready when I cancelled)

I'm going to be cancelling 4 spots for the 4th. I'm going to try online now, if that doesn't work, I'll call MS this morning.

I don't see how to do it online, so I guess I'll have to call. Poor planning on disney's end. How many people won't want to be on hold to cancel tickets and will just let the spots go to waste?

Last edited:
There’s a link in the confirmation e-mail to cancel, does that not work?

There’s a link in the confirmation e-mail to cancel, does that not work?

I clicked on it and it brought up "Online registration is no longer available for this event..........

Am I doing something wrong?

I just tried chat, they said I need to call. Which goes back to "how many tickets will be wasted".....

I am on hold now. Wait time 11 mins

Last edited:

Actually, I don't think cancelling your tickets would create space. Because of the error on November 7, where non-res DVC members were able to get tickets, I was told they are "oversold" for this event. The likelihood of extra space opening up seems slim to none.

Actually, I don't think cancelling your tickets would create space. Because of the error on November 7, where non-res DVC members were able to get tickets, I was told they are "oversold" for this event. The likelihood of extra space opening up seems slim to none.

But at least I won't feel guilty.

When are you canceling? I wonder if they’ll open them up or just ignore it.

I called last week and was told that the event is technically "oversold" because of the glitch that happened on November 7. They honored everyone who was able to get tickets due to the glitch and so now they are over the number of tickets originally allotted. So cancellations probably won't create openings at this point.

Which resort are you staying at?

But at least I won't feel guilty.

Oh I agree. It's the right thing to do. But I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that they may be able to secure tickets. I think that is why they shut the whole thing online down, to prevent any more glitches. Just my opinion

So I talk to chat, who told me to call, who told me to do online. I told her the link sent me to Online registration is no longer available for this event.... I am now on hold again. So far it's taken me 30 mins to cancel.

So after all that, I was told there was no way to cancel the extra tickets. If we can't do it online, MS can't do anything. Just use the 2 tickets we need and forget the rest. I mentioned, I thought someone else might be looking for tickets, and she said nothing they can do.

Last edited:
So I talk to chat, who told me to call, who told me to do online. I told her the link sent me to Online registration is no longer available for this event.... I am now on hold again. So far it's taken me 30 mins to cancel.

That's ridiculous

So after all that, I was told there was no way to cancel the extra tickets. If we can't do it online, MS can't do anything. Just use the 2 tickets we need and forget the rest. I mentioned, I thought someone else might be looking for tickets, and she said nothing they can do.

This whole event... what a cluster.

Side note: Can you PM me jo-jo?

I emailed MS and they said the event is still 100% full and that people can cancel by clicking the link in their ticket email. Although that sounds different than what was described above....

I emailed MS and they said the event is still 100% full and that people can cancel by clicking the link in their ticket email. Although that sounds different than what was described above....

The link to cancel has not worked for weeks if it ever did.

Previous events the link worked to modify or cancel.

That differs from what I was told. I think the only thing is that people with non-resort reservations realized they were able to book so took spaces that were supposed to be for onsite. The total number of spaces would have been correct, just not who got the reservations.

I clicked on it and it brought up "Online registration is no longer available for this event..........

Am I doing something wrong?

I just tried chat, they said I need to call. Which goes back to "how many tickets will be wasted".....

I am on hold now. Wait time 11 mins

No, you're not doing anything wrong. The link did that to me in Sep and I had to call in order to cancel AK.

I have a reservation for 6 on the 11th. Due to high school and Nutcracker rehearsal, our family will not be able to go. I dropped my Saratoga Springs studio for the night and still have my original email with my reservation so I can drop the Epcot event. Just pm me and we can coordinate. (I did this last year for someone for a Beach Bash and it worked. She was ready when I cancelled)

That is a bummer you can't make it. We are going, and just booked a room for the MK one in Jan. Hope rehearsal goes well.

Would you be willing to share your extra tickets? We are 3 short (due to multiple room reservations) for the party on the 11th, and clearly there is little hope of Disney releasing additional ones. We would of course meet you at whichever resort you plan to get your wristbands at.

Would you be willing to share your extra tickets? We are 3 short (due to multiple room reservations) for the party on the 11th, and clearly there is little hope of Disney releasing additional ones. We would of course meet you at whichever resort you plan to get your wristbands at.

We have tickets for the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter