• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT: Norway-- the movie??

I think we've watched it once. I don't feel like we are "sneaking" out if we've already seen it. It doesn't matter that it was 10 years ago.

If they update it, we'll sit through it again.

We've watched the movie quite a few times, but that was 25 years ago. So many of the Epcot movies were wonderful for their time, but that was long, long ago. Would love to see some updated Norway material in hi-def. The pavilion still has a great deal of potential.:earsboy:

My first thought was, "wow, metropolitan Norway sure looks a lot like metropolitan America, only in the '80s." Then I realized.

That movie also makes me feel like there's no way I'd ever want to live in Norway. Like winter? You say you do? NO! This is ARCTIC winter! You'll never survive. Like the water? You say you love it? NO!! This sea will swallow you up. You, my American friend, would never survive in this harsh land...

(in the past it felt kind of like sneaking though to avoid the movie- now they actually seem to also agree that it's not worth watching!).

The first time DW and I rode Maelstrom it was at the end of a very long, exhausting day. We really didn't want to stay for the movie but we would have felt too guilty being the only two fools walking out on it. The doors to the theater opened and a flood of people went through one door and right out the other. We followed everyone out as we laughed hysterically.

We usually just walk through too, but this last trip we decided to watch it since my daughter didn't remember seeing it. It's pretty bad and very boring. We'll skip it for the next couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter