Epcot on Labor Day - Yes or No

DisneyFranatic

Earning My Ears
Our trip to WDW is finally coming up next week! I can't decide if we should go to Epcot on Labor Day, Monday or wait until the next day, Tuesday to go. Will the waits be a lot longer for the rides on Labor Day? We've never gone before without FPs. If we go Monday we get to stay until 9 pm instead of 7 pm when the earlier closing hours start on Tuesday. What do you think?

IMO Labor Day will definitely bring in a few more guests than non holidays but overall, I think many of the locals still always frequent MK the most for holiday/weekend trips. If I had to pick any of the parks to be in on Labor Day it would be Epcot or AK. I would also be more inclined to visit Epcot with the extra 2 hours.

Our trip to WDW is finally coming up next week! I can't decide if we should go to Epcot on Labor Day, Monday or wait until the next day, Tuesday to go. Will the waits be a lot longer for the rides on Labor Day? We've never gone before without FPs. If we go Monday we get to stay until 9 pm instead of 7 pm when the earlier closing hours start on Tuesday. What do you think?

Are you going to be there before Labor Day?

I know more locals are visiting than out of state guests, but I still wouldn't count them out on a holiday weekend. If you are visiting that Saturday and Sunday, I would definitely consider Epcot on one of those days before actual Labor Day when out of town guests have to start heading back home. If it were me, I would avoid MK and HS that weekend if you could and hit Epcot and AK those days.

If you aren't going to be in the parks that weekend and Monday is your first park day, then Epcot would be my choice. Again, holiday weekend and Epcot is the least visited park at the moment.

We get in on the 6th and was planning epcot for labor day as well. I feel like that will be the least crowded. However everyone might have the same idea(I hope not)

I've been there since the reopening at it was slow. Labor Day is traditionally the start of one of the slowest weeks at WDW. I've been there Labor day weekend and I was there the weekend after Labor Day in 2001, yes, the weekend prior 9/11. They were some of the slowest times I was there. All schools are back in session in FL by the end of August. This year it's not like that, some schools are starting later in September and even October. But still, I don't see a lot of locals visiting the parks starting that weekend.

I would look at park availability calendar asap cause I was just looking at it and 5th is completely booked, 6th, 7th and 12th are in yellow which means some parks are already booked so u will be limited to what parks u can visit those days.

Will also be at epcot on labor day. Is the monorail to epcot running yet? Staying at contemporary

now i'm completely paranoid about my trip next week. our first park day is 9/5 and 9/5,9/6,9/7 have little to no availability at all on the calendar.

so much for low crowds :(

at least our tuesday, wednesday and friday should be okay.

Will also be at epcot on labor day. Is the monorail to epcot running yet? Staying at contemporary
We'll be there too....although getting a little worried seeing 2 out 3 pools of tix have now hit capacity at Epcot that day...but no, no epcot monorail blah...We'll b at the Polynesian and are bummed about that.

How was everyone's experience at the parks on Labor Day? I am considering a trip to Orlando with our arrive possibly on Labor Day.

hot. so hot. we were at Epcot on Labor day and i remember by the time we got to the frozen queue that morning (which was our first stop and already stretched to china) my boyfriends shirt was a different color from sweat.
regarding crowds--they picked up later in the evening and world showcase was decently crowded. pretty long lines at every booth regardless of social distancing being a thing. i had never been to food and wine so i'm sure that's normal to wait for each booth?
i remember the attraction times being low as the day went on, started pretty high though. Towards the end of the day we rode SE twice with <15 minute wait each time (that was back when we thought it was going to be closed for years for construction so it was a must do and also my mother by accident hit spanish when the ride started so they had to ride the whole ride in another language :rotfl2:)
we walked onto figment
walked onto nemo
soarin had a maybe a 20 minute wait as we were walking out of the park

we waited longer at some food booths than we did at the attractions that evening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter