Epcot on Saturday during Food and Wine

Objectivity

Kids make happy places happy.
I know Epcot is busy on Saturday during Food and Wine because people like going for the...err... food and wine (and beer and hard liquor). :duck:

Are the lines for rides equally as long? We're planning our trip for November and Epcot seems to fit our schedule best. We plan on doing MNSHP the night before so we figure we can sleep in a bit then go to Epcot and stay later because we're not so wiped out and it has the latest hours.

We won't mind navigating crowds, if the lines are still reasonable for the time of year.

Thoughts?

Yes!! Epcot will be packed, not only for the F&W but also many locals visit during the weekend. BUT, you did say that you can navigate crowds...so it sounds like you can do it just keep in mind that you will need to be "creative" with your time management ;)

I would just make sure I got to Epcot early in the morning and you can get a lot done before noon...:goodvibes

We were at WDW the week before Memorial day and then back in early November this past year. We spent a Monday at Epcot and it was more crowded than the Saturday we were there in May. I could not believe it, but we managed....:thumbsup2

Food and Wine just draws a big crowd period and on the weekend it will be even worse.

If you plan for it and arrive early you should be fine. We still enjoyed our day at Epcot very much. I just noticed how much more crowded it felt over May and that surprised me.

We are going back again this Fall...We plan to spend Tuesday Nov 4th at Epcot this year.

Just for fun we hit WS on a Sat around 11:30 or so, grabbed a coupe of Lobster Pies from the Ireland kiosk, a pints of Guinness and plopped in the Rose&Crown patio area. It was some show. Lines were quite long even then, young folks were showing up already Pre-Lubricated and the atmosphere was like a late Happy Hour. Crowds soon became shoulder-to-shoulder. This was last Oct. For the last 4 years we avoid WS on Sat, Sunday is not so bad, weekdays are fine.

Bill From PA

Yes, ride lines are long, and WS is scarily crowded. It took us more than an hour to walk around the lake the last time we went to Epcot on a weekend during F&W. Shoulder to shoulder, front to back, packed in like sardines.

It is miserably crowded. uncomfortable. WS is worse than FW, but the whole place is jam packed. I would not do it if you intend to sleep in and go later in the day.
Good Luck

I know Epcot is busy on Saturday during Food and Wine because people like going for the...err... food and wine (and beer and hard liquor). :duck:

Are the lines for rides equally as long? We're planning our trip for November and Epcot seems to fit our schedule best. We plan on doing MNSHP the night before so we figure we can sleep in a bit then go to Epcot and stay later because we're not so wiped out and it has the latest hours.

We won't mind navigating crowds, if the lines are still reasonable for the time of year.

Thoughts?

We went in October and found the early part of the day to be not bad. Crowds built up a lot as evening approached. Not sure what it will be like this year as there are a lot of reports that the crowds just keep getting bigger, even at off season times.

I would not recommend sleeping in and staying later. The later you are there, the more crowded it will get.

I agree that the crowds built during the day. The morning hours (especially before WS opened) aren't that bad in Epcot. By lunch time and beyond, the crowds begin to pick up, especially in WS. I found the front area (around UK and Mexico) to the worse, but the back half of WS seemed more manageable to me (i.e., crowded, yes, but not stand still). I thought FW was okay, primarily because most folks were in WS. I don't remember what the line lengths were, but aside from TT and Soarin', things seemed okay (not wall-to-wall guests).

Just looked at touring plans and crowd level is still at a 1 for Saturday Sept 20 which is 1st Sat of Epcot f &w. We have a 1:20 reservation for Akershus that day with our 4 & 7 yr olds. And are worried about the crowds...We may be able to switch with Sunday. Any thoughts please?

turning into a Disney fanatic

Just looked at touring plans and crowd level is still at a 1 for Saturday Sept 20 which is 1st Sat of Epcot f &w. We have a 1:20 reservation for Akershus that day with our 4 & 7 yr olds. And are worried about the crowds...We may be able to switch with Sunday. Any thoughts please?

I think you'll be fine. The WS area will be crowded, but you can move around (at least in my experience). The food booth lines will probably be long, but if you're going to Akershus for a meal, that won't be as much of an issue. If said you were going to be eating at the F&W, then I would consider switching days, but in terms of just getting around WS in the afternoon, I wouldn't worry all that much.

figment_jii said:
I think you'll be fine. The WS area will be crowded, but you can move around (at least in my experience). The food booth lines will probably be long, but if you're going to Akershus for a meal, that won't be as much of an issue. If said you were going to be eating at the F&W, then I would consider switching days, but in terms of just getting around WS in the afternoon, I wouldn't worry all that much.

Thanks. We do want to tour WS. My 7 yr old loved it last year especially Maelstrom and the gardens. They are also on a mission to meet princesses and characters but everyone says its "unbearable" on here. We go in September to limit lines. Guess we could have chosen better

I would make every effort to start touring WS as soon as it opens if seeing characters and doing rides are important. The crowds will pick-up and by nightfall, it'll be pretty packed in WS. Much of the crowds will be at the food booth lines and just standing around, so the inner pavilion areas aren't as busy. Still, if I had a choice, I would not opt to tour WS on Sat late-afternoon/evenings if I could help it. Is there any way to split your Epcot day? Maybe see a character or two (if possible) or do some rides before Akershus, then have lunch and afterwards head out to a different park. Then go back to Epcot on a weekday to see more characters and do more rides? (Just don't pick Friday evenings either...same issues at Sat/Sun.)

figment_jii said:
I would make every effort to start touring WS as soon as it opens if seeing characters and doing rides are important. The crowds will pick-up and by nightfall, it'll be pretty packed in WS. Much of the crowds will be at the food booth lines and just standing around, so the inner pavilion areas aren't as busy. Still, if I had a choice, I would not opt to tour WS on Sat late-afternoon/evenings if I could help it. Is there any way to split your Epcot day? Maybe see a character or two (if possible) or do some rides before Akershus, then have lunch and afterwards head out to a different park. Then go back to Epcot on a weekday to see more characters and do more rides? (Just don't pick Friday evenings either...same issues at Sat/Sun.)

We chose not to do hoppers as we usually have such a tight plan we do not need it. We can switch our whole day to Sunday but unfortunately that is it. With no availability at Akershus any other day that week for bfast or lunch. Or we can go straight to WS when it opens and tour and then may FW after Akershus??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter