Epcot Passport

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Hi, I have seen lots of different designs for making an Epcot Passport, but am confused about making one here in the UK. Has anoyone made one successfully and want to share their images/ideas? Or make one for me? lol.

Thanks,
Charlene

(Not long to go :)

I just bought some last week and I think they were $12. I know they are between 10 & 15

Yes, about $12 and available at pretty much all the stores in Epcot - both Future World and World Showcase.

I do mine as a photobook and it works very well. Most people prefer to print the images on card stock and just have them bound because the stamps can smudge on the slightly glossy paper. I never add ultra glossy finish to my book but some of my stamps did smudge both times. I am not sure if it is possible to share a photobook online so long after having made it (the last one I did was almost a year ago) but I will look into it. Failing that, if you can give me some time I will see if I can take some random pics of the book and post them. I have done something to the settings on my scanner and it is now saving everything as a pdf file :headache:

If you like I will be happy to make one for you, but I am not sure how we would handle the payment process so that could be a challenge as it is uploaded to your account which is linked to the software creator on your hard drive. What size do you need? I may have another solution for you. And one more question: when do you go? Sorry, I lied - another question, lol. How old is the child (or is it for you?)

Yes, about $12 and available at pretty much all the stores in Epcot - both Future World and World Showcase.

I do mine as a photobook and it works very well. Most people prefer to print the images on card stock and just have them bound because the stamps can smudge on the slightly glossy paper. I never add ultra glossy finish to my book but some of my stamps did smudge both times. I am not sure if it is possible to share a photobook online so long after having made it (the last one I did was almost a year ago) but I will look into it. Failing that, if you can give me some time I will see if I can take some random pics of the book and post them. I have done something to the settings on my scanner and it is now saving everything as a pdf file :headache:

If you like I will be happy to make one for you, but I am not sure how we would handle the payment process so that could be a challenge as it is uploaded to your account which is linked to the software creator on your hard drive. What size do you need? I may have another solution for you. And one more question: when do you go? Sorry, I lied - another question, lol. How old is the child (or is it for you?)

Thank you very much for your kind offer. I would need 2 - I have 2 sons, but we leave in 4 weeks and I appreciate that is not a lot of time to make them in. Also, how much would they cost that way? Is it cheaper to buy them at Epcot? Though I do like the personalised ones. Do you have a paypal account? If not I could send you a cheque?

Thanks again.

My boys are 5 & 7 - forgot to say, and size wise I don't really know - the size of a 'normal' autograph book?

My boys are 5 & 7 - forgot to say, and size wise I don't really know - the size of a 'normal' autograph book?

Most of the passport images on the Creative Designs board are in 6x4 or else there are a few square ones,which are much larger. I did an 8x8 last year, but I had it larger as I put additional images in it. If you are not going to personalise it for them, cost wise there is not going to be much difference between a photobook made here and buying the passports there. Were you intending the children share one?

The advantage with a home made one if you that is your intention, is that you can personalise it with both their names. If you buy one at the park .... well just be prepared to buy 2 ;)

Hmm, I was going to get them 1 each, but I suppose they could share? I think it would be nice to have their names on it. I don't want them to be too big. Um, anything else you need to know?

Thank you so much.

Hmm, I was going to get them 1 each, but I suppose they could share? I think it would be nice to have their names on it. I don't want them to be too big. Um, anything else you need to know?

Thank you so much.

It's more what you need to know, lol

I am not one of the Designers so I am not going to be turning out anything spectacular for you. Have you had a look to see what kind of designs you like best? I can post you some links as there are quite a few styles. If you wanted to you could just print out four images per page on white card - aside from your ink it wouldn't cost that much at all. I could do you a cover and putting a name onto each is very easy. I will post you some pics and you will see why I opted for a photobook. But that said, last year was a surprise trip for my DD and I spent a lot more on little extras than I will this year, where I am just planning to do a simple photobook and drop and drag one image per page.

To give you an idea, you are looking at around £10 for a small photobook, average. That makes it cheaper to buy a passport if you are looking purely from a budget perspective.

However, if you want to add some images and personal captions, then the additional cost would be worth it, IMO.

Really your call. Say you went for the other extreme and decided to run off the images on card stock.

You could get 4 images (6x4 size) per page of card.
11 countries in the WS, two cards per country = 22 images
One front and one back cover
Total: 24 images which would use 6 sheets of card per passport.
I have no idea what your printer ink costs or if you are happy with the quality of printing. That would be for you to call. Let me know. I will load my piccies onto photobucket so long. :goodvibes

The shop bought ones are nice think it was £12.95. Like a real passport.

Got DD's from the US world showcase shop. Come with stickers to put in and a badge.

Maybe they could share one passport and colour a duffy each?

Here are a few pages from the one I did last year.

IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

The reason I made a larger one last year was for DD to find out info on each country and write it into the blank spaces. 7 months on and those notes are still in the little jotter she used .... :rolleyes1

Thank you so much for your help. I am still not sure what to do...lol.
Your passport looks great by the way.

Thank you so much for your help. I am still not sure what to do...lol.
Your passport looks great by the way.

You're welcome. And thank you. :goodvibes I am doing a plain drag and drop one image per page this year though for myself. Give it some thought. You still have time. The only consideration you need to keep in mind is that if you order something, you need to allow time for processing and delivery. Fastest one is Jessops in case it comes to that. :)

Wow - what an interesting thread :thumbsup2

I will definitely be getting a passport each for the girls as they love the World Showcase especially the Kidistops - I had no idea you could buy something like that.

I love anything that makes them interact with cast members. I remember the last visit they started off so shy and by the end were chatting away with everyyone :thumbsup2

I will definitely be getting a passport each for the girls as they love the World Showcase especially the Kidistops - I had no idea you could buy something like that.

I love anything that makes them interact with cast members. I remember the last visit they started off so shy and by the end were chatting away with everyyone :thumbsup2

It's so good to watch the quieter children gaining confidence isn't it!

Not sure if you have seen this, but here is a bit of basic info, and at the bottom there is a pic of the passport you buy so you can get an idea what it looks like.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kidcot/

For the OP, if you would like to see one which has been printed at home and then bound, this will give you an idea. It is quite a nice little thread on the topic as it isn't too long so you won't be overwhelmed with information, there are pictures of the finished product and the OP answers a few questions on the materials and methods she used in putting it together.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2697216

Wow - that looks really good :)
Would love one like that lol.
I just don't have the time to make them - plus one of the boys would def see them. The boys don't know we are going yet!

Wow - that looks really good :)
Would love one like that lol.
I just don't have the time to make them - plus one of the boys would def see them. The boys don't know we are going yet!

If you are happy with the basic images in the first links I posted last night it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

You just need to save the images into a folder on your computer. If you want it personalised but putting each child's name on you can either post a request on the DISign board or if you want to you can PM me your kids' names and I don't mind adding them to the covers for you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter