Epcot plan - feedback, please!

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I just wanted to run my Epcot plan by you guys to get your thoughts. We don't usually break in the middle of the day, so it's new territory for me! our group is - me, my husband, our 4yo, and our 7yo.

Garden Grill - breakfast at 7:45am
Soarin' - no FP - 9am
Living with the Land - 9:15 ish - FP or no?
Character Spot 10ish - FP
Figment - FP or no?
Spend the rest of the morning in Future World and then head back to our resort around 12pm
Head back to do the World Showcase around 4pm with a dinner reservation for Rose & Crown around 5:30pm and a nighttime FP for Frozen Ever After.

We're usually rushing around and want to take it a bit slower on this trip. My daughter has severe food allergies, so I need to make all reservations in advance and the date is coming up fast!

Thanks so much :)

Not sure when you're going but you shouldn't need a fastpass for Living with the Land and Figment. Character spot is a good use of FP cause that line takes forever. I would make the other for Spaceship Earth on your way out of the park since it's back towards the entrance.

Also, the earliest breakfast reservations at Garden Grill start at 8.

Garden Grill will be 8am or later. You can ride Soarin' before 9am if you get one of those early times.

As PP said I would FP Spaceship Earth.

Thanks guys! We're going in October and I totally forgot about Spaceship Earth, to be honest! Great suggestion, thanks. And good to know about the 8am Garden Grill reservation time.

With an 8:20 ADR will we get out to catch Soarin’ before the crowds? And see all tha characters?

With an 8:20 ADR will we get out to catch Soarin’ before the crowds? And see all tha characters?

Get to the park early to be towards the front of the line for those with PPO ADRs. They generally treat all PPO reservations the same when seating parties regardless of what time your reservation is for. Ask for and settle the check before you finish eating. It can definitely be done but it's a tight time frame.

Where are you staying? Nearby?

I would not personally have two sit-down meals in any day, but your allergy requirements may dictate that.

Yeah, we tend to do sit-down meals because it is more comfortable with the allergies. We'll be at the All Stars, and we'll have our car.

My son has severe food allergies, too (nuts, egg), and we have been fine without reservations, eating at both QS and TS restaurants. Make your reservations, because I totally understand the peace of mind that will give you. However, if you find yourself needing/wanting to change plans at some point, Disney is awesome for food allergies and takes them seriously. Just let your server (even at QS) know that you have food allergies. They will give you an allergy specific menu and the chef will come out to personally speak with you. I have found this website to be really helpful, too https://www.allergyeats.com/disney/ We also order groceries online and have them delivered to the room. That way, we have safe snacks and lunches in our bags with us in the parks, and we have breakfast in the room before we head out for the day. Saves a lot of time, everyone gets what they want, and my son feels a lot more comfortable.
Enjoy your trip!

Get to the park early to be towards the front of the line for those with PPO ADRs. They generally treat all PPO reservations the same when seating parties regardless of what time your reservation is for. Ask for and settle the check before you finish eating. It can definitely be done but it's a tight time frame.
Thanks. I kept trying to find an earlier one but it kept going further out

My son has severe food allergies, too (nuts, egg), and we have been fine without reservations, eating at both QS and TS restaurants. Make your reservations, because I totally understand the peace of mind that will give you. However, if you find yourself needing/wanting to change plans at some point, Disney is awesome for food allergies and takes them seriously. Just let your server (even at QS) know that you have food allergies. They will give you an allergy specific menu and the chef will come out to personally speak with you. I have found this website to be really helpful, too https://www.allergyeats.com/disney/ We also order groceries online and have them delivered to the room. That way, we have safe snacks and lunches in our bags with us in the parks, and we have breakfast in the room before we head out for the day. Saves a lot of time, everyone gets what they want, and my son feels a lot more comfortable.
Enjoy your trip!

Thank you! Yes, we did some quick service last year and everything worked out perfectly :) I just like the calmness and ability to really speak with the chef at the table service locations. We do groceries for snacks and breakfast as well - agreed, it makes everything much easier! We're trying MNSSHP, so fingers crossed it all goes well :) We're ana to pn, dairy, egg, and wheat. Thanks for the feedback!

You won't need a FP for Living with the Land at 9.15. I would FP the characters, and i would do Figment too, we regularly saw it with 30-40 min waits last month.

I would also probably do the Frozen FP in the morning, which would give you the opportunity to try and get Spaceship Earth as a 4th FP either for as you leave or as you come in later on

The only FP that will actually save you time in line is whichever tier 1 ride you select and maybe Mission Space. BUT I still recommend getting 3 FPs before your nap so you can get a 4th. You have to get rid of 3 FPs to get more from tier 1, whether that means letting them expire, using all of them regularly, or just scanning the FP at a ride and leaving. I personally would not have an advance Frozen FP for the evening because then you can’t get a 4th FP (you can FP before you’re break.) It depends on how long you’re staying, but if you stay until closing, you can have a short standby wait for Frozen. We got in line exactly at park closing and waited less than 20 minutes even though the posted wait was 110. Are you interested in Test Track? You can do SR for that or FP it. Usually you can get a 4th FP for it.

Thanks for the advice! You're right about doing FEA early so we can get another FP, but I sort of wanted to save the whole showcase for the afternoon...that said, Norway is very close to the entrance. Something to think about, thanks! And yes I'M interested in Test Track! But my kids not so much :/

fp for spaceship earth? is this needed? I always see short and fast moving lines here....

fp for spaceship earth? is this needed? I always see short and fast moving lines here....
We use FP for it. When it is busy, that attraction can get backed up. Plus, if you're trying to get additional FP, it's a good choice for one of your initial 3.

Thanks for the advice! You're right about doing FEA early so we can get another FP, but I sort of wanted to save the whole showcase for the afternoon...that said, Norway is very close to the entrance. Something to think about, thanks! And yes I'M interested in Test Track! But my kids not so much :/

We did an FEA FP in the evening for similar reasons. I think sometimes you have to balance getting more in and getting things in the way you want. We had a few days where we did evening FPs and never regretted it.

We did an FEA FP in the evening for similar reasons. I think sometimes you have to balance getting more in and getting things in the way you want. We had a few days where we did evening FPs and never regretted it.

Thank you, this is so good to know! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter