Epcot PS's and NYE (closing park and cc charge)

lindamg

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be in Orlando for 2 nights 0n NYE and NY Day, but will be staying off property (Got a great deal at the Gaylord Palms). I'm trying to plot out a way to get in a little Disney.

If we make a PS for dinner on NYE at an Epcot restaurant, and we don't get to Epcot until the early evening can we get into the park for the PS, even if the park closes?

Since they take a credit card for NYE, do you still get charged for the PS if you are there, but you can't get in to the park? Any ideas on how this works??

In an ideal world, we'll be to the Palms in the early afternoon, use their transportation to Epcot around 5 PM, get a PS at Germany for about 8 PM and then stay through the midnight fireworks, and use Gaylord transportation back. Any chance that plan might actually work?

Keep in mind that on NYE, on property guests have priority to get into the parks. And they're not even guaranteed to get into their first choice park.

That being said, Epcot is the largest all day park (I'm not sure if AK is bigger in total size, but they always close early), and can absorb more people than the other all day parks.

You might want to call Disney Dining and ask them. Like they always say, a PS is no guarantee that you'll get into the park to use it on a holiday, or holiday eve.

Good luck, we'll be there too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter