Epcot question

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
When is the front supposed to be done? Good grief, what a crap show! My family will continue to stay at boardwalk area resorts just to avoid that madness.

What exactly are they building that they have so much of it walled off? It is quite a hike around from one side to the other of future world. Glad I was on a scooter.

I'm not sure how much of the grand plans will survive the realities of Covid. I seem to remember an event space near spaceship earth?

I assume their target date for a lot of it is Oct. 1 of next year (40th for Epcot), but I'm not sure what is on schedule, what will be late, what on indefinite hold (aside from Mary Poppins in the World Showcase), and what has been cancelled.

Last edited:
You mean, "When's the crater going to be filled?" Considering the labor and supplies shortages criss-crossing the country right now, not even Disney knows the answer to that question.

I think the event area has gone the way of the dodo. Many ideas for Epcot have been dropped. They are still planning to build the water garden/Moana area last thing that I heard

I think the event area has gone the way of the dodo. Many ideas for Epcot have been dropped. They are still planning to build the water garden/Moana area last thing that I heard
Yep, that is well under way and actively being worked on.

I took these photos Sept 30th. For reference in the first photo you can see the guardians building off to the far left and the Spaceship Earth corporate lounge in front of it. As far as things to be built this is what I think has been confirmed so far:
- The remaining part of innoventions that is to the left of creations shop in this photo will be a quick service to replace the electric umbrella.
- The mound of dirt is roughly where the Moana walk through attraction “Journey of Water” will be. - Behind spaceship earth where the fountain of nations used to be is where I think the new walt statue “Dreamers point” is going to be.
- The far right where the tents are I believe is where the large festival structure was supposed to go, but this has been “put on hold” per multiple sources. I have heard some people say this will be multi use festival area with large green spaces and places for more temporary festival booths. I’m imagining something along the lines of the area between cool wash and the new creations shop.

Im hoping there are some more surprises in there, but I don’t know of anything else that is certain. From the monorail you can see crescentic pieces of new concrete that have a similar footprint to the old innoventions west building (second photo where the white tents are). I’m wondering if they are putting down infrastructure for a future project, and will just cover it with turf/sod until the cash gets approved for the project.

Most importantly I’m hoping they keep the innoventions area music in some form. I think it’s the best music from any of the parks and fits epcot perfectly. Currently you can only hear it in front of the land pavilion.

love how Disney axes and compromises new attractions and then takes away and charges more for the existing ones…

Wouldn’t you like to have your cake and eat it too… 🥳

there was an announcement a while back that the event center had been postponed/cancelled as well as the rehab for Spaceship Earth.
Hard to tell if we will ever see see the Event Center in the future or not. It looked amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter