Epcot reservations - thoughts?

Another recommendation for Garden Grill, I eat there most trips. The character interactions are more intimate because of the restaurant layout and its family style, not buffet, so no running back and forth. Not on your list but also highly recommended is Spice Road, it's lovely to sit outside in the patio area.

You guys are making me nervous about our choice to do Le Cellier on our upcoming trip. It'll be my 40th visit since 1983, and I've never eaten there, so I thought, why not give it a try finally? Was kind of looking forward to it, read good things about the cheese soup and pretzel rolls... is it really that bad?

We have only done Le Cellier and it okay IMO. If you are a big steak eater, go for it, otherwise the food is not worthy of a signature dining classification. I would also say it's devoid of unique, Disney theming or atmosphere. The gardens in the Canada pavilion are beautiful but once you get into the restaurant, it's nothing special. I would do La Hacienda or San Angel before I do Le Cellier again.

I totally agree with you about Le Cellier, it's just blah. Not bad but not great. The theming is just plain and for what you're paying for, I feel like it has no over the top disney theming or anything that makes it anymore special than your local Ruth Chris.

Exactly!!! We’ve been going there once per trip hoping it has improved. We had a phenomenal meal in 2010 but they haven’t been close to meeting/exceeding that experience ever since.

You guys are making me nervous about our choice to do Le Cellier on our upcoming trip. It'll be my 40th visit since 1983, and I've never eaten there, so I thought, why not give it a try finally? Was kind of looking forward to it, read good things about the cheese soup and pretzel rolls... is it really that bad?

The pretzel bread and soup are fantastic! I usually get the filet wth the mushroom risotto when we go now. It’s not bad and has always been cooked properly. For the cost, coming from a culinary background, and for knowing what the restaurant is capable of I just have higher expectations.

That said, I can get pizza within steps of my home that I would put up against Via Napoli’s or pretty much any place in the world including those in Italy, and it’s $9.90 Monday through Thursday. So VN is def not for me.
Lucky you if the pizza in your neighborhood is a good the pizza in Italy. When we were there the Pizza in Florence was excellent but it was very different than what we get in North America so it difficult to compare the two. Which style of pizza did you try when you were there?

Are you lucky enough to have excellent Gelato steps from your home as well?

Lucky you if the pizza in your neighborhood is a good the pizza in Italy. When we were there the Pizza in Florence was excellent but it was very different than what we get in North America so it difficult to compare the two. Which style of pizza did you try when you were there?

Are you lucky enough to have excellent Gelato steps from your home as well?

I have not been to Italy, so I could be wrong. :( I just know that the pizza I get is thin and crispy, yet tender and delicious crust and light sauce with lots of bubbly cheese.

Pizza I’ve had in Florida has mostly been over sauced and had a heavy crust.

We used to have a gelato shop nearby, but it’s not my thing. I love Dairy Queen soft serve and prefer it. :)

Hi everyone, we are going to do a few days of dining reservations and I have a lot reserved, so I'm going to post different threads and would like to know your thoughts on Epcot.
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Thanks!
Le Cellier Is one of the best restaurants in Disney. You cannot go wrong there.

I have not been to Italy, so I could be wrong. :( I just know that the pizza I get is thin and crispy, yet tender and delicious crust and light sauce with lots of bubbly cheese.

Pizza I’ve had in Florida has mostly been over sauced and had a heavy crust.

We used to have a gelato shop nearby, but it’s not my thing. I love Dairy Queen soft serve and prefer it. :)
Dairy Queen rocks!

Nothing against DQ but if you prefer it to Gelato you really need to go to Italy and try the real thing. I promise you, it is worth the trip.:)
I wasn’t comparing it. I don’t like gelato :)
If I ever get the chance to go to Italy, I’ll give it another try

We are planning Garden Grill and Via Napoli for our upcoming trip too, but haven't been yet. Haven't been to Le Cellier in a few years, but we had a wonderful experience the last time we went. We've been on the dining plan the past few years, and TBH it's not worth 2 credits, but our dinner (food, setting, service) was excellent the last time we were there.

Hi everyone, we are going to do a few days of dining reservations and I have a lot reserved, so I'm going to post different threads and would like to know your thoughts on Epcot.
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Thanks!
We liked via Napoli a lot. The apps, pizza, sangria and desserts. Didnt try the pasta though. Trying GG BF on our next trip and hear great things about it. Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter