Epcot Reusable Bag

So, they will still have plastic bags available but only use them for shipping to the resort? Someone stated they will have plastic bags for purchases until they run out, but if they are going to use them for resort deliveries, then they'll never run out right? Or, if they do run out, then what will they use for the resort deliveries?

Great, now I have to budget for bags. We do a lot of shopping and $1-$2 adds up. On our last trip, we had 30 bags from character warehouse alone. ugh, twist my arm Disney.

So, they will still have plastic bags available but only use them for shipping to the resort? Someone stated they will have plastic bags for purchases until they run out, but if they are going to use them for resort deliveries, then they'll never run out right? Or, if they do run out, then what will they use for the resort deliveries?
They still have plastic bags available if you want them. They want guests to go bagless or buy the reusable bags instead.

Here's Disney's statement, this has already been mentioned several timess on this thread but for those that don't want to read back

In addition, over the next few years we’re transitioning to refillable in-room amenities in our hotels and on our cruise ships, reducing plastics in guest rooms by 80 percent. We will also reduce the number of plastic shopping bags in our owned and operated parks and on our cruise line, offering guests the option to purchase reusable bags at a nominal price. Finally, we will complete our work to eliminate polystyrene cups across our global owned and operated business. These steps are part of our long-term effort to reduce single-use plastics, and we will continue recycling and responsibly disposing single-use waste that cannot be eliminated.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nmental-commitment-by-reducing-plastic-waste/

I really like these bags, for me they will be a souvenir item from our resort gift shop, the parks and Disney Springs. We try to plan to do all our souvenir purchases at once before we leave the park each day, so we shouldn’t need to buy too many of these bags.

"We will also reduce the number of plastic shopping bags in our owned and operated parks and on our cruise line," meaning what exactly? They'll still have them but you just have to ask for one? Or are they going to use up what they have and then not have them for resort delivery? To me, the part I quoted from their blog just sounds like hot air. They either get rid of the bags, or they still have them. If they think they are going to reduce the number being used by having people ask for one or by offering ones you pay for, they are in for a bit of a disappointment, IMO. People will see the free bags and ask for them (others will be carrying them around the parks, right?). At least I know I will.

I really like these bags, for me they will be a souvenir item from our resort gift shop, the parks and Disney Springs. We try to plan to do all our souvenir purchases at once before we leave the park each day, so we shouldn’t need to buy too many of these bags.

Agree - and I think this will be the mindset of most people. Outside of all the posters on this board of course. ;)

In Japan, no stores (or none that I visited) had free bags. Some places in Europe also, although I can’t remember which countries. And like a PP noted, CA has already started implementing it here.

I really don’t mind. I do understand that yes, the businesses are partly using it to mask passing the “bag buck” to us. But I also know sometimes the only way to get people to hear a message (like “recycle”) is to hit them in the wallet.

I’m in the camp who buys the bags but forgets to bring them LOL. But I don’t like this kind for carrying around—the straps are slippery. I do like them for my paper recycling, though. I like Ken the fact that I can slip the plastic park bags around my wrist and they offer some protection for my stuff if caught in the rain. I like the bags that another PP said they saw in Japan—I have a couple of those (which ironically I took with me to Japan), and would invest in another if Disney offered those!

My thinking is "Where else am I going to be able to get a souvenir for only $1-$2?" I'm one of those people who, even though I've taken over 40 trips to WDW, I just HAVE to buy a souvenir every trip. Seeing these bags, I know what my souvenir will be next trip. And since I only plan on doing 3 parks, I'll spend at most $6 for my souvenir-and get 3 items. Such a deal!

This may be discussed but I can't find it in a search.

So there is talk that Disney is getting rid of free bags, that you have to pay a dollar or two each.

I am all for helping the environment. I never enter a store at home without a reusable bag. But one of the reasons we are staying on-site is I love the package delivery. I buy maybe 5 packages a day. My friend will be there for the first time, and she's a shopper at home, and I already know she is gonna buy 20 things (maybe 30) a day at different places.

A dollar at each store is a lot with the exchange, but how is it working for resort delivery? Like can I bring my own with whatever on it? will they deliver those to the resorts? Thanks!

So there is talk that Disney is getting rid of free bags, that you have to pay a dollar or two each.

I am all for helping the environment. I never enter a store at home without a reusable bag. But one of the reasons we are staying on-site is I love the package delivery. I buy maybe 5 packages a day. My friend will be there for the first time, and she's a shopper at home, and I already know she is gonna buy 20 things (maybe 30) a day at different places.

A dollar at each store is a lot with the exchange, but how is it working for resort delivery? Like can I bring my own with whatever on it? will they deliver those to the resorts? Thanks!
Moved you to the Reusable Bag thread.

hate to tell you but this is happening everywhere now.

Many towns and cities around here have some token bag legislation. For my small city, it means the one big chain-store grocery store in town can't use the plastic bags. Every other shop, every other grocery store, or convenience store is too small to be affected by the ban. So it's not really much of a ban. It might look good on paper, but it's not doing any good in the real world, IMO.

Those are really good questions! A mod stated that your post was moved, but it's still here, so hopefully we can get an answer?

Just curious: what are the reusable bags at WDW made of? We have a large supply of reusable grocery bags at home and they don't last forever. We've found that once they break, flake or tear, we still need to send them to a landfill. On the other hand plastic grocery bags can be recycled in our community.
I understand the whole environmental impact mission, but am not sure some of these steps really make a difference.
Flame away....

Those are really good questions! A mod stated that your post was moved, but it's still here, so hopefully we can get an answer?

Actually I tried to ask this as a new thread. Guess they thought it would be better here, but this thread doesn't start in a way I'm thinking my answer will be answered as quick.

Actually I tried to ask this as a new thread. Guess they thought it would be better here, but this thread doesn't start in a way I'm thinking my answer will be answered as quick.
Moved you here because the answers are in this thread:
From the article linked by @yulilin3 :

“If you’re having merchandise delivered to your Disney Resort hotel from the parks, plastic bags will still be used.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter