Epcot Strategy

horse11

DIS Veteran
We are going to be in WDW mid May. What would be the best strategy to get in FEA, Elsa & Anna M&G, Soarn, Baymax M&G, Test Track, and walk through the Butterfly Garden before 1:00pm? We plan on doing RD.

Split yourself into 3? Ok, probably not possible. This is a very ambitious quest, but you do have a shot. I would say FP Soarin for noon. At RD run to test track. After that hot foot it to FEA. From there do the Elsa/Anna M&G. Backtrack to butterfly garden, then hit Baymax on the way over to Soarin. Make sure you have plenty of tread on your sneakers and use the facilities before you get there. A bathroom break could blow the whole deal.:P

I have actually done this twice before minus the butterfly house.

You could try to book an ADR for Akershus at 8 am. That way, you are allowed back in the showcase before park open and you can be first in line for FEA before the rest of the park runs there. Then, you could go right into meet A&E. Then, I would head over and do Soarin and meet Baymax. I would FP TT for after that.

The other way we did it was on an EMH day so we had an extra hour. That time, we rope dropped TT and Mission Space, then did Soarin and Baymax. That time we used our FP on FEA.

Obviously everything depends on the crowd levels!

We are going to be in WDW mid May. What would be the best strategy to get in FEA, Elsa & Anna M&G, Soarn, Baymax M&G, Test Track, and walk through the Butterfly Garden before 1:00pm? We plan on doing RD.

I see you're staying at BC? RD at IG and hit FEA and the sisters first. We did this back in November and headed straight to WS after. I guess you can do SR on TT and FP Soarin. Baymax shouldn't take too long.

I can't remember where the butterfly house is, as it has been 9 years since I went to F&G.

Shouldn't be too hard.

Rope drop TT. From there, go right to FEA and ride standby, line will still be short. Then M&G Anna and Elsa. Walk toward the Land pavilion and hit Baymax on the way. FP+ Soarin. Then go to Butterfly.

Have you given this morning to do list ranking numbers in case you don’t have time for all. I love the butterfly house and that is the thing on your list that’s easiest to fit in anytime in the morning. We have always had luck with single rider line for TT to save time.

FP+ FEA, RD Soarin’, Single Rider TT, standby early for M&G. If you can’t get a FP+ for FEA, then RD FEA and get a FP+ for Soarin’.

FP+ FEA, RD Soarin’, Single Rider TT, standby early for M&G. If you can’t get a FP+ for FEA, then RD FEA and get a FP+ for Soarin’.

That's a ton of walking. Going from FEA all the way to Soarin' is a long walk, then you'd have to go all the way back to TT and do it single rider.

That's a ton of walking. Going from FEA all the way to Soarin' is a long walk, then you'd have to go all the way back to TT and do it single rider.
I didn’t mean you would do it in that order. I mean you have FP+ for Soarin’ at some point, so you could do FEA then TT and then Soarin’ later when it is more crowded.

Now am thinking to RD Frozen then immediately do E&A M&G while the rest of the group heads to Baymax M&G then meet at TT single rider do butterfly garden, FP+ Soarn, then finish off morning with The Sea's area. Does this sound like a good plan? If it does what time should we make the Soarn FP+ for?

Now am thinking to RD Frozen then immediately do E&A M&G while the rest of the group heads to Baymax M&G then meet at TT single rider do butterfly garden, FP+ Soarn, then finish off morning with The Sea's area. Does this sound like a good plan? If it does what time should we make the Soarn FP+ for?
That sounds like a great plan! I would do the FP+ towards the end (so you can do the shortest standby lines) so maybe 11-12 or around that time.

That sounds like a great plan! I would do the FP+ towards the end (so you can do the shortest standby lines) so maybe 11-12 or around that time.
Just talked to the other party in our group about the plans. They do not want to do single rider, "BOO" Any way I adjusted the plan to RD Frozen, then immediately do Frozen M&G will the rest of the party goes to Baymax M&G meet at at Soarn, do the Butterfly Garden, and FP TT between 11:00 and 12:00 as suggested. The Sea's is not high on our list but depending on the time we got out of Soarn maybe we could hit it otherwise we are ok missing it. Does this still sound like it could work?

We are going next week and are doing many of the things you are doing but not all. Our plan is to rd fea, FP test track 9:05-10:05, FP mission space 10:10, go to soarin, the seas, FP spaceship earth 12:30. I’m hoping to throw some meet and greets in but we will see.

Just talked to the other party in our group about the plans. They do not want to do single rider, "BOO" Any way I adjusted the plan to RD Frozen, then immediately do Frozen M&G will the rest of the party goes to Baymax M&G meet at at Soarn, do the Butterfly Garden, and FP TT between 11:00 and 12:00 as suggested. The Sea's is not high on our list but depending on the time we got out of Soarn maybe we could hit it otherwise we are ok missing it. Does this still sound like it could work?
That could still work. I don’t know your budget but I’ve heard if you have a breakfast reservation before park opening for Akershus, when you are done they let you do FEA before park opening and sometimes if you do the same for Garden Grill, they let you on Soarin’ early. Those restaurants are a little pricey though. Also, if you ever have time earlier in your trip, you could do a DVC (Disney Vacation Club) Tour (takes about an hour) and get 3 free FP+ for just about any ride (you probably can’t use it for FEA, 7DMT, both Avatar rides, and maybe TSM). This way you could use a FP+ for both Soarin’ and TT. But these are just things you could do- this plan does sound good for the time you have.

Yeah Breakfast at Akershus was something I had thought about but that was when they did not open the ride until 11:00. By the time I realized it now opens at 9:00 it was to late. There is no reservations PP available. I might check on the DVC option since we are actually renting points to stay at BCV however our EPCOT day is our first full day so we would have to arrange it for our arrive day. Do you have to book the tour in advance?

Yeah Breakfast at Akershus was something I had thought about but that was when they did not open the ride until 11:00. By the time I realized it now opens at 9:00 it was to late. There is no reservations PP available. I might check on the DVC option since we are actually renting points to stay at BCV however our EPCOT day is our first full day so we would have to arrange it for our arrive day. Do you have to book the tour in advance?
You do need to book the tour in advance and I think everyone in the group has to do the tour (I’m not completely sure on that but I’m guessing they’d want everyone in the group there for something as good as 3 extra FP+) Keep checking for early dining reservations especially as you get closer because people often cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter