• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot this Friday 9/17 no reservations available

dolphindan1

What is a Tag?<br><font color=blue>dang no TAG
Any idea why there are no reservations available for this Friday at Epcot. I am wondering if I should change to Saturday. Is it a special event or something. Why would just Friday be unavailable?

Food & Wine Festival + live music at the bandstand area in the America area? Just a wild guess that it could be date night for locals. Making things up. I have no idea. Now I'm embarrassed.

Food & Wine Festival + live music at the bandstand area in the America area? Just a wild guess that it could be date night for locals. Making things up. I have no idea. Now I'm embarrassed.

Yeah it seems weird...I cant decide now if I just wanna swap to Saturday or just stick with friday...got to be something happening...I though maybe it was the opening of something, club cool maybe...or mabe word on a soft Ratatouelle opening...

Any idea why there are no reservations available for this Friday at Epcot. I am wondering if I should change to Saturday. Is it a special event or something. Why would just Friday be unavailable?
I just made an Epcot park reservation for 9/17. We are passholders and staying onsite.

It's a mystery.

Interesting that APs can book Epcot Friday, but not MK.

You think I should avoid Epcot on Friday...I am only down for a short trip...2 park days...was gonna do MK thurs and Epcot Friday...I can go to one on Sat. but I figured Sat would be more crowded

Yeah...I am real close to swapping...MK has Boo Bash which I was wanting to avoid...but I guess it will only cost me 30 mins of park time and higher crowds later in the evening
Epcot on the weekends is a total sea of humanity during food and wine. Personally, we avoid it at all costs. Fridays may not be as bad as Sat/Sun, but the lack of ticket availability does not bode well…..

Epcot on the weekends is a total sea of humanity during food and wine. Personally, we avoid it at all costs. Fridays may not be as bad as Sat/Sun, but the lack of ticket availability does not bode well…..
Yea but it's been not that bad all the month of September from what I've heard. I'm sure it will pick up a bit with passes being out now.

We are going on Saturday so I'm hoping the crowds are not that bad (they've been saying Saturday for the last few weeks only got bad late afternoon and evening).

Yea but it's been not that bad all the month of September from what I've heard. I'm sure it will pick up a bit with passes being out now.

We are going on Saturday so I'm hoping the crowds are not that bad (they've been saying Saturday for the last few weeks only got bad late afternoon and evening).
Have fun!! Hopefully it won’t be too crowded- but even if it is- at least you’re there!! :)

Have fun!! Hopefully it won’t be too crowded- but even if it is- at least you’re there!! :)

Thank you! We actually haven't been for a few years now because of how crazy it had become (and we can only really come on the weekends). Around 4 years ago for the first time ever I walked into Epcot and the F&W and people were elbow to elbow all the way across the paths from Canada to Mexico. For the first time ever I literally turned around and said nope, not going to do it.

So hearing about the lower crowds the last couple weeks (and we just got the Pirate Passes) we decided that we would go on Saturday. I figure it will be a bit busier because of word of mouth of it being not as packed and also passes being available, but I can't imagine it will be anything like what I've seen the last few years. And if it is, well whatever, will make the best of it, like you said, at least we'll be there!

Also got a room at the Dolphin with the AP rate which means the adults can have a few extra since we'll just walk to our room when we're done! :)

Thank you! We actually haven't been for a few years now because of how crazy it had become (and we can only really come on the weekends). Around 4 years ago for the first time ever I walked into Epcot and the F&W and people were elbow to elbow all the way across the paths from Canada to Mexico. For the first time ever I literally turned around and said nope, not going to do it.

So hearing about the lower crowds the last couple weeks (and we just got the Pirate Passes) we decided that we would go on Saturday. I figure it will be a bit busier because of word of mouth of it being not as packed and also passes being available, but I can't imagine it will be anything like what I've seen the last few years. And if it is, well whatever, will make the best of it, like you said, at least we'll be there!

Also got a room at the Dolphin with the AP rate which means the adults can have a few extra since we'll just walk to our room when we're done! :)
Jealous!! Have one for me :)

I went ahead and changed my days. If nothing else for my own piece of mind...I was able to get my dining swapped too so wasnt a big deal.

Looks like Saturday is now sold out for Epcot except for AP holders. So yea guess it will end up being busy but whatever it still won't be what I saw 3 years ago so no worries. And we have 11 hours, no rush!!

Just read in another thread that Friday is the Remy preview for DVC and Saturday is the Remy preview for AP. So there goes why those dates are so booked.

The bad news are they are booked. The good news is a lot of those people will be going just for Remy and not so much the F&W. So chances are they will be waiting in line and/or leaving the park afterwards (or doing other rides).

So hopefully the F&W festival itself isn't too bad lines wise! One can wish at least :)

I was at Epcot this past Sunday and it wasn't crowded even with the AP previews. Soarin was 10-15 minutes most of the day. Test Track was 25-45 minutes and Frozen was 30-40 minutes. Everything else was a walk on - 5 minute wait. The lines for the booths weren't too bad either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter