EPCOT to become “more Disney”

What would you like to see EPCOT become?

• Total voters
I didn’t realize that kids don’t like Epcot. No, our son doesn’t want to spend 3 hours in Canada, but I’m pretty sure he loves spaceship earth, the see with Nemo, frozen ever after, gran fiesta, and so much else.
You can't lump kids all into one category. Age and interests make huge differences. A 5-year-old may love the kidcot stations while a 10-year-old may be bored to tears.

I just think that the Frozen makeover of Norway was a travesty. And I worry that we may see more of that as Disney tries to cram square pegs in round holes. (Aladdin in Morocco?)
I agree with you on Frozen. Please lets not give them any ideas about adding Aladdin to Morocco! :scared1:

We all miss Disney from our first visits but it wasd never meant to stay the same, the faster everyone acknowledges and accepts this the more you'll enjoy the changes
I also agree that is shouldn't remain the same and it needed a refresh, but not by pushing movie rides in there that have nothing to do with the culture of the pavilion, just to give the kids something to line up for. Nothing against families, but there are plenty of attractions that appeal mainly to little kids. I'm fine with GoG going into Future World, but I wish they'd try to keep World Showcase about culture.

I don’t trust Chapek to not shove IP wherever he feels and keep the themes of the 4 parks unique in their own way. That being said, somethings needed to be done with Epcot for over 20 years. I just hope things stay cohesive to whatever themes they go with

For sure. You would never seen a fantastic original idea like expedition Everest now. All four parks are becoming the same.

I think that Future World should be partially revamped to have a lot more rides. Most of the existing rides are good and should be kept, but more rides should be added. Take out Future World's exhibit/display/show type attractions, and replace those with rides.

World Showcase should stay pretty much as it is, minus the free-flowing alcohol.

"I didn’t realize that kids don’t like Epcot. No, our son doesn’t want to spend 3 hours in Canada, but I’m pretty sure he loves spaceship earth, the see with Nemo, frozen ever after, gran fiesta, and so much else. " from WDW 3
*My quote didn't work. User error. So manually added.

This. Frozen. Test Track. Living the Land. (I’m saying that wrong.) LOTS of stuff to DO. Just don’t make them sit thru those movies and shopping and call it an activity.

Also we don’t stay out late. But that time I did, I tripped (didn’t start on a single glass yet) and cracked my new iPhone. Won’t forget that! I do think the adults= 🍺 factor can be mitigated with making Candy around the world (or similar) “a thing.”
Mainly they prob want to attract the stroller crowd because I noticed Epcot doesn’t ever hit capacity for Park Reservations so they have to pull crowds there by changing its Anti-kids reputation. Ooh maybe they should make a stroller lane, like a bike lane.
And yes, I can be hired for a focus group. Lol

Last edited:
I think that Future World should be partially revamped to have a lot more rides. Most of the existing rides are good and should be kept, but more rides should be added. Take out Future World's exhibit/display/show type attractions, and replace those with rides.

World Showcase should stay pretty much as it is, minus the free-flowing alcohol.
I completely agree with all of this (except the alcohol part :)).

...Also we don’t stay out late. But that time I did, I tripped (didn’t start on a single glass yet) and cracked my new iPhone. Won’t forget that! I do think the adults= 🍺 factor can be mitigated with making Candy around the world (or similar) “a thing.”
Mainly they prob want to attract the stroller crowd because I noticed Epcot doesn’t ever hit capacity for Park Reservations so they have to pull crowds there by changing its Anti-kids reputation. Ooh maybe they should make a stroller lane, like a bike lane.
And yes, I can be hired for a focus group. Lol

No Disney park should have an anti-kids reputation.

Epcot used to have such a fun and relaxing evening atmosphere for families.

That's how my kids feel too, but I really like it.
I realize they probably don't do it now because of COVID, but is KIDCOT still a thing? Our kids loved going to each of the individual countries and having their passports stamped and drawing some monstrous version of Duffy or some kind of mask.

They loved it so much that the first time we lived in the area I took my youngest daughter (probably 6 or 7 at the time) to EPCOT for a one-on-one day and she told the cast members at Mouse Gear that it was her favorite park.

I was a proud dad that day.

It's the park I miss the most since we've moved back to Orlando and I can't get APs yet.

I didn’t realize that kids don’t like Epcot. No, our son doesn’t want to spend 3 hours in Canada, but I’m pretty sure he loves spaceship earth, the see with Nemo, frozen ever after, gran fiesta, and so much else.
This hits the nail on the head to me. The countries themselves aren't bad but kids want rides. Everything you mentioned here that your son loves about EPCOT are all rides. Didn't mention movies, shows, random exhibits. He might like some and sure there are others that like some o them but overall kids (and many people) would probably pick rides over the other stuff. That's why I think adding more rides, IP based or not, into the countries to expand offerings and not replace stuff would be great.
Need to see the final outcome when it comes out but I feel like the Ratatouille expansion to France is the right way to do IP additions. Just a simple ride added in and not taking over the entire land like Frozen. Even adding not Ratatouille stuff with it like the crepe stand.

I realize they probably don't do it now because of COVID, but is KIDCOT still a thing? Our kids loved going to each of the individual countries and having their passports stamped and drawing some monstrous version of Duffy or some kind of mask.

They loved it so much that the first time we lived in the area I took my youngest daughter (probably 6 or 7 at the time) to EPCOT for a one-on-one day and she told the cast members at Mouse Gear that it was her favorite park.

I was a proud dad that day.

It's the park I miss the most since we've moved back to Orlando and I can't get APs yet.
Yes, they still had it before Covid and they still do it now...different versions over the years, and my kids kinda liked that, but not enough to change their mind about the parks lol.

For sure. You would never seen a fantastic original idea like expedition Everest now. All four parks are becoming the same.
That trend took off under Iger unfortunately. As much as Eisner went off the rails his last 10 years with Disney, at least he tried to keep the parks unique and wasn’t afraid to go with original concepts

As an adult, I enjoy EPCOT. As a kid, I did not, at least when it first opened. I'm personally excited for the changes. We rode Ratatouille at DLRP and it was great. The GotG coaster looks amazing. If they replace MS and Imagination with some IP, I would not be sad at all. That being said, EPCOT is still one of my favorite parks b/c I like the leisurely pace of it. It has a leisurely pace because there isn't much I wan to do, though. Just sort of eat, drink and vibe, which is a nice break, but I wouldn't say it is a must-do. I realize I'm in the minority here, but this forum probably has a lot more love for EPCOT than the general population, I would think. Not that any opinion is wrong or anything. Just opinions. Whatever they do, I hope they do it well.

That trend took off under Iger unfortunately. As much as Eisner went off the rails his last 10 years with Disney, at least he tried to keep the parks unique and wasn’t afraid to go with original concepts

The thing is though that I'm sure they do research on it and I think a lot of the audience likes seeing the IP in the parks. People get more excited about a Ratatouille ride or Frozen or Marvel than they do about some blue-sky new concept. It's not necessarily the greatest hting for those of us who like the original park ideas (which are all IP anyway), but the trends are what they are. It's like how they make all the live-action remakes and sequesl - they wouldn't be doing if audiences didn't want it. Clearly they do because most of those have been huge, billion-dollar plus hits! I can't really blame them for trying less original stuff because when they do it performs poorly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter