Epcot to Hollywood Studios (and back)

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
Our first day, we're planning to start in Epcot and then probably hopping over to Hollywood Studios. Leaving Epcot, how many stops does the boat make on it's way to HS? I read the journey is about 30 minutes, does that sound accurate?

Same question for going from HS to Epcot...how many stops that direction?

If we're in the front of Epcot instead of the World Showcase, would it make more sense to just take a bus to HS instead of walking to the boat launch?

It’s Epcot- Boardwalk-Yacht & Beach - Swan & Dolphin then HS. The route is reversed from HS to Epcot

4 both ways. You can also take the skyliner which is only 15 minutes with one stop to change lines.

I am afraid of heights and won't be doing the skyliner.

How long does a bus ride take? (Though I know a lot depends on how long the bus wait is as well.)

Because you can walk, take the boat, or take the Skyliner, Disney does not usually offer direct bus transportation between the Epcot front entrance and the Studios. You could take the monorail from the front of Epcot to the ticket and transportation center, walk over to the Polynesian and then take the bus from the Polynesian to the studios. I would guess that would probably be about an hour in transit. If you don’t wish to walk and don’t wish to take the Skyliner, the friendship boat is probably your best option.

I've walked it, taken the boats and taken the sky liner. I get there faster walking and I'm a short, older lady and don't walk fast. Both the sky liner and the boat have taken me about 20 min. every time I've taken them. Like all Disney transportation there are a lot of factors, time of day, how many people are already waiting, wheelchairs and strollers, etc. If I'm not walking, I'm taking the boats. Sometimes I'll take the boat to YC or Dolphin and walk from there, just depends on my mood and the condition of my feet and legs.

Because you can walk, take the boat, or take the Skyliner, Disney does not usually offer direct bus transportation between the Epcot front entrance and the Studios. You could take the monorail from the front of Epcot to the ticket and transportation center, walk over to the Polynesian and then take the bus from the Polynesian to the studios. I would guess that would probably be about an hour in transit. If you don’t wish to walk and don’t wish to take the Skyliner, the friendship boat is probably your best option.
Not my photo, but on the right hand side of the Hollywood Studios bus directory it shows the gate numbers for Animal Kingdom, Epcot & the Magic Kingdom.
1704755426666.jpeg
Busses run every 20 mins or so and take about 12 minutes between DHS & Epcot

Not my photo, but on the right hand side of the Hollywood Studios bus directory it shows the gate numbers for Animal Kingdom, Epcot & the Magic Kingdom.
View attachment 824216
Busses run every 20 mins or so and take about 12 minutes between DHS & Epcot
I know that used to be true and perhaps still is, but when you run the transportation options through the app, a direct bus between Epcot and the Studios is not a given option.

If you select "bus" in the app, it sends you on the route I gave through the Polynesian. I am not sure why the app would not list the direct bus, unless they are not currently offering one.

Last edited:
30 minutes sounds right. You go to Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, and Swan and Dolphin before getting to Studios. The bus and Skyliner are both faster.

If my son will tolerate sitting/waiting at all those stops, it sounds like the boat might be our best option. I could definitely use the 30 minutes of sitting on a boat as a nice break for my legs.

I think when we arrive, I'll check out the bus sign if we walk by. If they have a direct bus and we happen to be in the front of the park when we want to hop, I think we'll do that. If we're in WS, then I think we'll stick with the boat and look at it as a "break."

If my son will tolerate sitting/waiting at all those stops, it sounds like the boat might be our best option. I could definitely use the 30 minutes of sitting on a boat as a nice break for my legs.

I think when we arrive, I'll check out the bus sign if we walk by. If they have a direct bus and we happen to be in the front of the park when we want to hop, I think we'll do that. If we're in WS, then I think we'll stick with the boat and look at it as a "break."
BTW if the DHS to Epcot bus is running, it drops off at the front of Epcot with the other buses. In the Before Times, when people asked about traveling from DHS to Epcot, the standard recommendation was to take the boat or walk if your destination was World Showcase and to take the bus if you were headed to Future World (as I said, that was in the Before Times, before Future World was broken up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter