Epcot TS dining and food allergies

Dis703

DIS Veteran
We are not newbies to dining at Disney with food allergies, but we tend to repeat a lot of the same restaurants and I'm thinking of trying something new this time around. We are huge fans of Biergarten and they've been one of the best in regards to providing a nice variety of foods and going the extra mile for our kids with limited diets. We also enjoy Rose and Crown and Le Cellier but these are the only TS meals we've had in Epcot.

Over the years I've read some random reviews about some of the restaurants that are not Disney owned and how they weren't as accommodating. Just looking to hear some experiences and get some recommendations on a new restaurant to try. It's just myself and my 6 year old. His diet is grain, dairy, soy, egg free along with a few fruits and veggies. So his safe meals are generally relatively plain with a meat, potato and veggie.

Any suggestions for where to try next?

Oh, and also a question about Garden Grille. Anyone with motion sickness find the movement an issue? I know it's very slow but I'm wondering if it's bothersome to anyone who suffers with severe motion sickness.

TIA!

We have had a few ADRs for GG, only once was it actually moving. My DW gets motion sick and didn't have an issue. Our last few visits there the restaurant has not been in motion. We did not go while there last week, but we visited The Land pavilion 3 or so times and not once was the ride moving.

As far as restaurants and allergies in the WS go, my wife has never had an issue with any of the restaurants accommodating her. All the restaurants we visited offered her an allergy menu. If you are looking to try something different, look into Restaurant Marrakesh, Spice Road Table (both in the Morocco pavilion) or Les Chefs de France.

We are not newbies to dining at Disney with food allergies, but we tend to repeat a lot of the same restaurants and I'm thinking of trying something new this time around. We are huge fans of Biergarten and they've been one of the best in regards to providing a nice variety of foods and going the extra mile for our kids with limited diets. We also enjoy Rose and Crown and Le Cellier but these are the only TS meals we've had in Epcot.

Over the years I've read some random reviews about some of the restaurants that are not Disney owned and how they weren't as accommodating. Just looking to hear some experiences and get some recommendations on a new restaurant to try. It's just myself and my 6 year old. His diet is grain, dairy, soy, egg free along with a few fruits and veggies. So his safe meals are generally relatively plain with a meat, potato and veggie.

Oh, and also a question about Garden Grille. Anyone with motion sickness find the movement an issue? I know it's very slow but I'm wondering if it's bothersome to anyone who suffers with severe motion sickness.

TIA!

I can't speak about the allergies, but I have eaten at Garden Grill and it does not move very fast at all. In fact, when I got there with my friends, they were disappointed because they saw that it wasn't moving. I said, sure it is. I brought them to the edge and said to look directly at the edge where the wall meets. Sure enough, it was moving, they just couldn't tell. It was also an excellent meal, but I would not at all worry abut motion sickness.

I have a lot of food allergies including some odd ones that can make dining tricky (nutmeg/cayenne are in everything!).

Sadly, I haven't had the best luck at a lot of the Epcot restaurants. Coral Reef would probably be the only one that I've never had a problem with. The worst one I've run into for allergies was Monsieur Paul, the language barrier was an issue, but I carry a businesss card with my allergies listed on it just in case and they still managed to give me an unseasoned steak with no side. I had a better kids cheeseburger back at pop afterwards!! lol

I know its not Epcot, but one of the best meals/locations I've been to for allergies has been Tiffins. It's a 2 pointer but the attention to detail was amazing. They really went out of their way to make sure I was safe.

I have a lot of food allergies including some odd ones that can make dining tricky (nutmeg/cayenne are in everything!).

Sadly, I haven't had the best luck at a lot of the Epcot restaurants. Coral Reef would probably be the only one that I've never had a problem with. The worst one I've run into for allergies was Monsieur Paul, the language barrier was an issue, but I carry a businesss card with my allergies listed on it just in case and they still managed to give me an unseasoned steak with no side. I had a better kids cheeseburger back at pop afterwards!! lol

I know its not Epcot, but one of the best meals/locations I've been to for allergies has been Tiffins. It's a 2 pointer but the attention to detail was amazing. They really went out of their way to make sure I was safe.

Thanks! I think reviews of allergy dining in France are most of what I had seen before but I wasn't sure which restaurants they had been talking about. Just one of those mental notes I made over the years but didn't research thoroughly.

I am definitely dining at Tiffins on our AK day. I just went there in the fall for the first time and absolutely LOVED it!

TIA!

My motion sickness was majorly sensitive last month when we were there (motion sickness and 23 weeks pregnant ahoy! Haha) and it didn’t bother me at all.

Garden Grill has been amazing for our allergies. We have some weird, some common, and - wait for it - different combinations for different members of our party. We haven’t found the rotation to be a problem.

We’ve eaten with success at GG, Le Cellier, Spice Rd Table, Via Napoli, Nine Dragons, and Biergarten. Via we pretty much eat off the menu, though, so your grouping of allergies might be tough. Friends ate at Teppan Edo with seafood allergy and did fine. Chefs de France fed us safely, but we found our options restrictive/burning.

Out the back door, we’ve had great, safe meals at Beaches & Cream, Flying Fish, and Captain’s Grille.

HTH!

I have a few family members with food allergies and at Epcot we enjoy Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef.

Tokyo Dining is AWESOME with allergies. It's the only Asian restaurant anywhere my son feels safe. They always make him something special. Restaurant Marrakesh is great, too. We've had the same waiter twice and he's super sweet about making sure everything is o.k. Both of those places automatically have a fluent English speaking manager come to the table to discuss safe food options. Garden Grill also does a good job with allergies. The character interaction is terrific. DH is prone to motion sickness and didn't have a problem. He claims Winnie the Pooh makes him nauseous. Probably just the Heffalumps and Woozles. :rolleyes:

We've eaten all over WDW with DS with dairy allergy (which he has finally outgrown - yea!)
In Epcot, he loves Biergarten, Teppan Edo, and Garden Grill - they have always been excellent. Coral Reef was fine but our other son does not like seafood so we haven't been there in a while. We did not have a good experience at Chefs de France - they were pretty clueless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter