Epcot vs. AK - which park gets a 2nd day?

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
If we have a 7 day base ticket, with 2 days each at MK and DHS, we will need to choose whether Epcot or Animal Kingdom gets a second day, and which park gets only one. We ride everything, love FOP and Everest, and I'm sure we will love GoG, but haven't ridden it yet. We do love the World Showcase but aren't the kind of people who stop to snack/drink frequently in that part of the park. I feel like both parks have a similar number of rides, so its sort of a choice between more time at the animal exhibits vs. more time in the countries. I'm very torn, but not torn enough to pay for hoppers. If it matters its me, DH, and two DD's ages 14 and 11. We've all been many times, but last trip was 2018.

WWYD?

I love AK, but currently its half day park unless you watch every show and slowly walk through all of the animal areas, along with the ride of course.

I also love Epcot but you can knock out Future World by lunch if you get a good Guardians time slot. After that slowly wandering through World Showcase could eat up the second half.

Basically Im not sure either requires a second day if you aren't a World Showcase lover.

So pick whichever and unless you're traveling at an extremely busy time you can switch later if needed.

Epcot, we have never been huge fans of Animal Kingdom it's basically a half day park for us.

I would say Epcot. If during holiday time you will definitely need it for the storytellers and CP.

Agree the same. We just got back and did 2 days at Epcot and 1 day at Animal Kingdom and it worked out great. Gave us a chance to hit the Epcot headliners twice: Guardians, Remy, Frozen, Test Track (it was down most of the day for us on our first day).
We were at Animal Kingdom from about 9am - 5pm and we were able to see and do everything that we wanted (with multiple rides on the raft ride)

Epcot for GotG because you’re going to want to do it as many times as possible.

Pro tip: at 7AM have 1 person go for VQ and 1 person pay for ILL, that way if (when) you’re successful you get to ride twice each day :)

Thanks all. The kids agreed to give up a second day at AK as long as we assured them they could ride FOP twice and Everest multiple times as well. That was their main concern. We are huge fans of FOP.

Epcot for sure. With a good touring plan we had done most of what we wanted to do by 12 at AK. We had plenty of time across our vacation so we did return for an AK afternoon when we did Flights of Passage and the Nemo show, but if I was more pushed for time I would have just left the park at 12 for a break and returned late afternoon. I spent 1.5 days at Epcot and I didn't feel I had properly explored World Showcase. I also didn't do a lot of Future World - we didn't want to do Mission Space or Cosmic Rewind. Never spent any time in the aquarium.

EPCOT, EPCOT, EPCOT.

Just got back from our week. We spent less than two hours at AK - bought a lightning lane for FOP, a Genie+ for EE, then two more basic walk-ons on that coaster. Have done everything else there in the past, and not interested in any repeats.

Although we love both FOP and EE, next time we go we may actually just skip AK.

EPCOT, however - in part because we were staying so close (Beach Club Villas)in total we visited four times (three as a hopper). Allowed us multiple turns on TT (still a blast) Remy (I know, the Rat Ride has gotten middling reviews, bit it's quite fun, and my wife just loved it), and through the VQ, ILL and Extended Hours, six rides on GoG, which is .... fantastic. I recently posted on the Universal forums that I felt Velocicoaster was the best coaster ever built in Florida, but it now has serious competition.

Plus, even though my DD is now 15, we still enjoy Nemo, and Turtle Talk, and even Mission Space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter