• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot - Where are the Attractions?

Epcot is a one day park for us typically but I have young kids. Ratatouille and Guardians will be great additions and I know we'll spend more time at Epcot as the kids get older.

Don't forget that Guardians of the Galaxy is also opening sometime next year, but yeah, I consider Epcot a one day park unless you really want to spend time exploring World Showcase.

We've been to WDW once...awhile ago, and will be returning next summer for 6 park days. Our plan is do go to each park and MK and EP 2 times. Our kids will be 17 and 13 when we come.

I'm looking at Epcot attractions and are there only 4 or 5 main rides? I have noted Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Frozen (which no way my son will ride), Test Track and Mission Space (but not sure if we will skip that ride due to motion sickness)? What am I missing. I know that later this year they are also opening Remy, which is my kind of ride.

There are smaller ones too such as Journey Into Imagination (which I remember was cute) and Gran Fiesta and Living wih the Land (good ride to escape heat)

Is Epcot a 2 day park? When I asked our kids if we did 6 days which parks did they want to repeat and right away they said MK and Epcot, which seemed to make sense at the time.

We love EPCOT for wandering and none ride days. Usually hit a park hard early and then migrate to EPCOT and have a nice dinner in Morocco. It has always been more of a relaxing stroll. All the restaurants are something a little different.

Don't forget that Guardians of the Galaxy is also opening sometime next year, but yeah, I consider Epcot a one day park unless you really want to spend time exploring World Showcase.
Our kids would like that for sure. No date yet, right?

Hollywood studios seems to have more going on right now than epcot (but the food options are not as good). I think that the opportunity to have 2 days to get a boarding group for ROTR would be worth it.

as for epcot / our family - including a dare devil 14yo - enjoys it a ton….Turtle Talk with Crush is really a must do for all ages - it’s an attraction not a ride though! And the whole Fam loves Journey into Imagination with Figment..

we often catch up on sleep on Space Ship Earth but enjoy the later half creating our own futures…

And i really prioritize our plans to make sure that we get onto test track as soon as possible while avoiding rain…too many times it’s been closed for rain - so we hit that even if it’s not the most optimal line…. The soarin line moves much faster and has great Disney Play trivia that will keep everyone engaged.

Hollywood studios seems to have more going on right now than epcot (but the food options are not as good). I think that the opportunity to have 2 days to get a boarding group for ROTR would be worth it.

as for epcot / our family - including a dare devil 14yo - enjoys it a ton….Turtle Talk with Crush is really a must do for all ages - it’s an attraction not a ride though! And the whole Fam loves Journey into Imagination with Figment..

we often catch up on sleep on Space Ship Earth but enjoy the later half creating our own futures…

And i really prioritize our plans to make sure that we get onto test track as soon as possible while avoiding rain…too many times it’s been closed for rain - so we hit that even if it’s not the most optimal line…. The soarin line moves much faster and has great Disney Play trivia that will keep everyone engaged.
Thanks for the tip about Test Track. Rain is definitely something will be part of our trip so good to keep in mind.

PS - Your Spaceship Earth comment made me laugh

Haha, I feel the same on spaceship earth. Such a relaxing break in the AC before I start my future self planning!

Epcot is really more of an atmosphere park than an attractions park. The more we explore and really dig into the countries the more we love it. Make sure you catch the live music too!

I just realized I don’t think I’ve seen American Adventure mentioned but I find about 92% of it to be enjoyable—worth checking out.

A point that doesn't seem to have been made yet:

If anyone in your group NEEDS to experience Rise of the Resistance, it's in your best interest to plan 2 days at HS and then change it if you want somewhere else after you (hopefully) get on it the first day. The boarding group system is still such a mess and that doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon so it's in their interest to plan around it.

I just realized I don’t think I’ve seen American Adventure mentioned but I find about 92% of it to be enjoyable—worth checking out.
Which 8% of it do you put in the "not so much" column?

A point that doesn't seem to have been made yet:

If anyone in your group NEEDS to experience Rise of the Resistance, it's in your best interest to plan 2 days at HS and then change it if you want somewhere else after you (hopefully) get on it the first day. The boarding group system is still such a mess and that doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon so it's in their interest to plan around it.
Nice idea. The thing is only 2 in our party are Star Wars fans (DH and DS) so not sure if 2 days will be too much. It's a shame that Rise of the Resistance sounds like it's pretty tough to get. Then, I suppose, that doesn't leave many HS attractions. Hmm...maybe park hoppers is worth it...but it's quite an added expense

Nice idea. The thing is only 2 in our party are Star Wars fans (DH and DS) so not sure if 2 days will be too much. It's a shame that Rise of the Resistance sounds like it's pretty tough to get. Then, I suppose, that doesn't leave many HS attractions. Hmm...maybe park hoppers is worth it...but it's quite an added expense
The good news is you to not have to decide now. If you're there and change your mind about 2 days at Epcot or decide to hop back to HS for RotR, you can upgrade your base tickets to park hoppers there. I have purchased hoppers, but more often than not, I don't. I prefer not to park hop, not just to save money, but I don't like the time wasted transferring parks. I also feel every park is at least a full day park. Hopefully, the park reservation nonsense is gone by next summer when you go, so you do not have to choose between starting at HS or Epcot. That way, you'll have 2 chances for RotR if you do get the hoppers.

Last edited:
bout 2 days at Epcot or decide to hop back to HS for RotR, you can upgrade your base tickets to park hoppers there. I have purchased hoppers, but more often than not, I don't. I prefer not to park hop, not just to save money, but I don't like the time wasted transferring parks. I also feel every park is at least a full day park. Hopefully, the park reservation nonsense is gone by next summer when you go, so you do not have to
My thoughts too. I loved park hopper at Disneyland but the parks are literally across the street from each other so very easy. With WDW, everything is spread out and taking bus (or Skyliner for Epcot to HS...I think) takes time.

That's really good to know. Could we upgrade to park hopper on say our last day or last 2 2 days of our trip? That would work well for just the extra Epcot possible HS day (plus if MK falls on a Halloween party night if its back next year)

Could we upgrade to park hopper on say our last day or last 2 2 days of our trip?
You can upgrade to Hopper at any time during your trip.
Just know that the COST will be exactly the same as if you had Hopper for EVERY day of your trip.
Hopper cost is "all-or-nothing."

You can upgrade to Hopper at any time during your trip.
Just know that the COST will be exactly the same as if you had Hopper for EVERY day of your trip.
So you mean if we upgrade to park hopper on our 6th day, then we would pay the additional fee on 6 park tickets as opposed to just that 1 ticket?

So you mean if we upgrade to park hopper on our 6th day, then we would pay the additional fee on 6 park tickets as opposed to just that 1 ticket?
Well, not 6 TICKETS... it would be if the ticket had 6 DAYS of hopping.

Well, not 6 TICKETS... it would be if the ticket had 6 DAYS of hopping.
Right...but what I think you are saying is that if we did the upgrade to park hopper on day 6, we would have to pay for the additional hopper price for 6 days and not just the 1 day.

Right...but what I think you are saying is that if we did the upgrade to park hopper on day 6, we would have to pay for the additional hopper price for 6 days and not just the 1 day.
Yup.
To check the upgrade price, look up the cost of a 6-day BASE ticket vs. the cost of a 6-day HOPPER ticket.

Yup.
To check the upgrade price, look up the cost of a 6-day BASE ticket vs. the cost of a 6-day HOPPER ticket.
Thanks for the info. Makes sense or many would purchase it for just a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter