EPCOT - with a 4 year old...and 21 mo old

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
I'm really excited about this park for our upcoming trip! How do I make it exciting for my littles? What would they be interested in?

Character meet and greets for the kids. All the future world rides for the 4 year old. My daughter was 4 last year and her 2 favorite rides were Soarin & Test Track. Plenty of stuff for the kids. The only times my children were antsy were while we were shopping. That was easily solved by getting my daughter a stuffed animal or something small like a piece of chocolate.

Edit. At the time of this trip my son was 8 months old. He rode all the rides without height restrictions & was a happy little guy.

We will be taking my DS in October, shortly before he turns 3. Some of the things I hope he will enjoy are:

- the play areas after Imagination
- the Living Seas pavilion
- Living with the Land ride
- looking at/in the cars in the showroom after Test Track
- play area after Mission:Space (maybe, don't know if we will head over that way or not)
- the optics in the ground at night around Spaceship Earth
- the jumping fountains and splash area in FW
- all the musical acts around the WS, especially the drummers in Japan (and the Jammitors - are they still there?)
- doing the kidcot stations and getting his mask/stick and stamps
- Mexico ride
- just being able to have wider spaces than say, DHS or MK, to run around and let off steam

4 year old will certainly like turtle talk with crush. Both will like the nemo ride. You can talk up going into the giant 'golf ball'. Also riding along with Donald in the mexico pavilion. Don't forget the kids cot stations at each country!

Might be a little advanced for the twenty-one month old, but your four year old should enjoy Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.

Last edited:
We went when DD was 4y4m and DS was 21 months old - we did breakfast with the Princesses which both kids loved and DD was fairly tired from MK the day before so she slept most of the way through the World Showcase while DS got to see a lot of the characters and he had a ball! There was a time that both kids were napping and we got to enjoy the World Showcase in silence :)

DD was big enough for Soarin' so using the baby swap she got to go twice in a row - she loved it!

We ate lunch a Teppan Edo - originally we had dinner reservations there and were going to stay for the fireworks, but it wasn't an all day park for us at that age and we chose to not stay all day and didn't want to go back to the hotel and come back as we had a full day at MK planned for the next day.

4 year old will certainly like turtle talk with crush. Both will like the nemo ride. You can talk up going into the giant 'golf ball'. Also riding along with Donald in the mexico pavilion. Don't forget the kids cot stations at each country!

Agree....Nemo, Turtle Talk and also Figment would be entertaining for a 4 year old (and even a 21 month old)

Nemo Ride, Turtle Talk, looking around the aquarium exhibits, Soarin', Living with the Land, Circle of Life video, Imagination, interactive play area outside of imagination, playing near the leaping water fountain outside of imagination, Spaceship Earth, Character Spot, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Jammitors, Donald Duck Boat Ride, splash area going into WS, illuminated sidewalks near Spaceship Earth at night (my kids call this pixie dust and try to pick it up), ice cream and meeting Belle or Aurora in France, hedge maze and meeting Alice in UK, listening to the Moroccan band, fireworks. Akershus is a good meal for meeting princesses. We also liked Marrakesh because they have live music and a dancer gets the kids out on the dance floor. Plenty for little kids, this is my kids favorite park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter