EPCOT's Odysee Center?

comstocky

Earning My Ears
I have been looking at the maps of the theme parks in preparation for an upcoming trip and I notice the Odysee Center at EPCOT. However, I haven't been able to find out anything about this building. Does anyone know what is in there? Or if nothing is currently in there, what it was originally used for?

It used to be a rather bland counter service restaurant that served the usual fare of hamburgers, chicken strips, etc. It was closed for general use a number of years ago and is now used as a "special events" location for things like private parties.

Odyssey used to be a restaurant in the early days -- there was a character show there as well, on a small stage. It has since become a convention venue and is used for workshops and special events during the Food & Wine and Flower & Garden festivals.

:earsboy:

I agree with Sandy51......we frequently use the rest rooms in the old Odyssey. Very few people know that they are even there. It's on the far left walk leaving Future World and towards World Showcase, kind of mid-way between the two.

Originally posted by WDSearcher
Odyssey used to be a restaurant in the early days -- there was a character show there as well, on a small stage. It has since become a convention venue and is used for workshops and special events during the Food & Wine and Flower & Garden festivals.

:earsboy:

We have family photos of Space Goofy at the character meal at the Odyssey back in 1991.
I had wondered what happened to the restaurant. Thanks for the info.

Part of it is also the First Aid station, which we had to use this trip. I was so surprised at how very very large it was, with a huge waiting area, nurses and looking down the hall looked out an outpatient center.

ps THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL TOO !

As stated the Odyssey restuarant building is currently used for conventions, special events and private functions. The restrooms are NEVER crowded over there and it houses First Aid for guests. The building itself is also now the location of the cast member cafeteria... that is why you will see CM's around that building (coming and going) frequently :)

We have good memories of this restaurant during the early years. They had characters at lunch and I remember a really good salad that I used to get for lunch. Yes the restrooms are never crowded, but I was sad to see that the last time we used them they weren't as clean as they should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter