Epcot's Pin Celebration 09 event - anyone else going?

I'm not going this year- I really didn't enjoy last year's event as much as the year prior- too much waiting in line for too little. The real clincher for me was that only certain people were chosen ( unlike the year prior when everyone got "something") to receive extra gifts. I'm not about to pay for something then get less than the chosen folks, whom I was told are the same ones chosen every year. ---Kathy

I'm not about to pay for something then get less than the chosen folks, whom I was told are the same ones chosen every year. ---Kathy

I'm sorry, this is simply not true. Yes, I have been chosen, ONCE. And I felt very special, but not especially "chosen". It is totally random I can promise you. I know Steven Miller who is in charge of Pin Merchandising for both WDW and Disneyland, and he just doen't play games like that, not at all.

And by the way, as I mentioned already, I have been to every EPCOT pin event they have had, and I have only been chosen once, and I've known Mr. Miller for 5 years. So if what you said was true, surely I would have been chosen for the last 5 years.

I'm not at all trying to sound mean, I just took offence to your thought as Mr. Miller is quite the professional in everything he says and does.

Blessings,
Winnie

I'm considering going, it would be my first one. I know I've already missed the early registration. Can someone tell me what goes on at a pin event?

Ron

I'm considering going, it would be my first one. I know I've already missed the early registration. Can someone tell me what goes on at a pin event?

Ron

EVENT ADMISSION INCLUDES:

Opportunity to pre-purchase limited edition pins designed especially for this event.

"Purchase with Purchase" pin promotion for event Guests only featuring exclusive pins.

Trading activities and games at World ShowPlace located at Epcot.

Limited edition commemorative gifts.

Live and silent auctions of pre-production pins, artist proof pins and more.

"First Trading Opportunity" to collect new Hidden Mickey pins.

Opportunity to meet Disney Pin Partners from The Walt Disney Company.

Two (2) $15 Gift Cards redeemable at Epcot Food and Beverage locations.

Plus extra special surprises throughout the event.

I will be wearing my pin trading vest as usual and Figment is coming as well. Can't leave home without him! Have to find some pins to put on Figment's lanyard! In case there are others with a pin trading vest on, mine has a complete set of CTT pins on the top left side of the vest. (NOT for trade)

If you are planning to go, remember that you have to have your RSPs in by 11:59pm (Pacific Time) next Monday night (May 25). You can also make changes to your RSP up to that date.

They will probably mail out the selection sheets by the end of that week; at that time they will announce where and when pins can be picked up in advance. In accordance with tradition, it will probably start at 1:00pm at the Y&B Convention Center on Thursday June 25, but don't hold me to this as it's a WAG.

And I'll be easy to spot; I will be running around in a Figment Purple and Orange ECV with Cheshire Cat decals on the sides.

If you are planning to go, remember that you have to have your RSPs in by 11:59pm (Pacific Time) next Monday night (May 25). You can also make changes to your RSP up to that date.

They will probably mail out the selection sheets by the end of that week; at that time they will announce where and when pins can be picked up in advance. In accordance with tradition, it will probably start at 1:00pm at the Y&B Convention Center on Thursday June 25, but don't hold me to this as it's a WAG.

And I'll be easy to spot; I will be running around in a Figment Purple and Orange ECV with Cheshire Cat decals on the sides.

Thanks for the info! We didn't pre-order any pins, so we will just be checking into the event on Thursday and I wasn't sure where the place would be. We're staying at the BC so the Y&B Convention Center will be convenient.

I'll be on the lookout for you. :thumbsup2

My husband and I are going. I can't wait! We're new pin traders/collectors so we're really excited.

:rotfl:

The in person registration has sometimes been at the Yacht and Beach, but it has also been in the Contemporay Ballroom. Only thing for certain is it will be in one of the hotels. Some people line up at the doors at 10 knowing it will open at noon. Pin trading has been known to break out while in line. It is a fairly lengthy and involved process. After you have your credentials and new pins, there are pin trading tables next door.

Of course, you could also wait until Friday and do it in the Millenium Village building.

Our 1st time going, we couldn't go a day early so we registered outside the event on the 1st day. The line was huge and we missed time in the event because of it.

I'm happy to be going a day early on Thursday but I don't think we'll be lining up 2 hours early to register!

Our 1st time going, we couldn't go a day early so we registered outside the event on the 1st day. The line was huge and we missed time in the event because of it.

I'm happy to be going a day early on Thursday but I don't think we'll be lining up 2 hours early to register!

Is there a schedule of events that I missed somewhere? We were planning to fly in the evening of June 25. If we need to be there for registration earlier that day, I may consider driving down earlier (flying on Allegiant and they only fly at certain times AND only on Tues or Thurs out of the airports near me).

I just called Event Services and the response was they do not yet know when the itinerary will be posted and that "more than likely" preregistration will be at the Y&B just as last year.

Kinda weird, but today I got 6 email messages from Walt Disney Event Services reminding me about purchasing merchandise/RSP preferences for the event. Six messages saying the same thing!

Kinda weird, but today I got 6 email messages from Walt Disney Event Services reminding me about purchasing merchandise/RSP preferences for the event. Six messages saying the same thing!
To err is human. To foul things up in a big way takes a computer. To foul things up in a very big way takes a very big computer; Disney has lots of very big computers.

LOL, I got the same 6 e-mail reminders! I guess I need to hurry up and make up my mind!

See you all there,
Winnie

I personally only got 3 (even though we did get 6 between the two of us).

Is there something wrong with me :crazy: ?
agnes!

...about the RSP. I'm finding the whole process to be kind of confusing. Today I'm making my first attempt to fill out the form. Do any of you that have gone before have any kind of strategy for this thing?

Let's say you REALLY want pin A. After you fill out, say 7 choices on #1, would you then just list pin A by itself on the #2 & #3 forms? How many choices do you put on your 3 Forms?

Thanks,
agnes!

Everybody has a different strategy. Personally, I take all the pins that I want and rank them by edition size, because the lower the number of pins the faster it will go! So my first choice was the LE 10 set on both my RSP and my wife's. Then there were 2 LE 50s so I put one on mine and one on Carol's. Next came an LE 75 so it went on both RSPs. I hope you followed my rationale. As far as the 2nd and 3rd RSP, unless I want duplicates of something, I don't bother. Remember there is a 4th RSP at the event, because people will return stuff. For example, I can only afford one LE 10 @ $1,000. So if both Carol and I get one each, I will return one back into the pot and someone else can buy it on RSP #4!

BTW, I've been waiting for the auction catalog to appear, but since they can't get their act together re the itinerary, I guess it's no surprise we haven't seen that either. This moving it forward 3 months must have really put a wrinkle in their preparation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter