• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epic 1 day trip take 2 - part 5 updated 12/29

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
Last year I had flight credits to burn on an airline that was ending operations from my home airport. I had an AP, so I booked a 5:30am flight to Orlando and 9:15pm flight home and had an epic day of eating, drinking, riding rides, and relaxing in my happy place.

I don’t have fight credits to burn this year but I am $30 from getting status on my preferred airline. So my husband and I were spit balling ideas, and the cheapest flight is actually Vegas, but who wants to go to Vegas solo for 13 hours? I mean I do, but Disney is more my thing.

So here we are a day earlier than last year but I’ll be heading to Disney for about 9 hours!

Next up plans!

Last edited:
I will pack my new Loungefly bag I got for my birthday the night before, basically a charger, flips just Incase, and shorts. I will also have my Fanny pack with money/credit card, license, hand sanitizer, phone, and my AirPods.

I will wear leggings, a tshirt and probably a light sweatshirt. I will leave my house around 415 and drive to short term parking at the airport. Chances are I will be at the gate by 5. Hopefully we take off on time, if not it will mess with the whole day!

At arrival I will decide if I’m sticking in leggings or swapping for shorts. Then I’ll grab an Uber or Lyft and head right to Epcot!!

Originally I was planning on no genie+ but I’ll be meeting a GF for a few hours and she suggested we grab it…. She is also going to try and book me VQ for guardians while im
In flight.

Hopefully I’ll be at Epcot by 10, earlier is even better! Last year I got to HS at 9:21 so based on a 30 minute later flight I am hopefully I’ll be at Epcot a few minutes before 10. Hopefully I will have a decent VQ for guardians or an ILL. My main priorities at Epcot are snacks snacks and more snacks!

Must stops are 11am to be at La Cava for an avocado Margarita and then start working my way around for some snacks.

I really want to try some offerings, any suggestions?

But on my list is sushi tree, maybe pastrami on rye but I can get that here so we will see, lamb Kebabs, frozen hot chocolate, Alfajores cookie (I want to attempt to make this so want to try it for sure!), and maybe Cheese Fondue. I also loved the tostada last year so may get that, and macaroon Christmas tree. I don’t think I’ll be able to eat all that, but a girl can dream!

I also must get the gingerbread cookie from Germany with the frosting in the middle this is my favorite cookie at the moment!

I’ll only have till 130ish so 3 and a half hours give or take depending when I arrive. I would love to get in guardians and maybe living with the land, but not really set on having to do many rides.

Last edited:

This trip was planned so last minute I’m 6 days away!!

I’ll hopefully be done with Epcot gluttony around 130! Even if I’ve added a snack or 2 to the list (the crinkle cookie in America as someone said it’s the best Epcot cookie they have ever had!?!?)

I will probably take the monorail to the boat to MK. I love the boat to MK!

Ideally I’ll be at MK around 2, my bestie is meeting me here! We will grab a Jofferys, and I think we will try to stack a few LLs, ideally I want to do small world, maybe jingle cruise, people mover and Pooh, those are some of my favs and would make my day, haunted mansion would be good too! But I’ll only have 3ish hours, so we will see what I can do and what LLs we got.

If all I get is my coffee, small world and the peanut butter pie cookie from the confectionary I will be a happy girl! Oh I’d also really like to meet Mickey! Ekkk I’ve got high hopes!!!

I will head out around 445/5 and walk to contemporary and grab an Uber from there to the airport.

If I’m at the airport by 6 I should have plenty of time, but ideally I would like to be there a bit before that as I tend to stress if i feel rushed.

Under 48 hours!!

Small change my friend is going to meet me in the AM for Epcot instead of MK in the afternoon. So that should be fun! Maybe I can share the snacks and get her to eat some so I can try more!!

Tomorrow I’ll make sure everything is charged check in for both my flights and head to bed early!!!

Last edited:
Under 12 hours till flight time!

I’ve got my bag and Fanny pack, packed and ready! Just need to get the kids to bed and the elf moved and then off to bed for me too!

11174410-122E-47CB-B9D4-3A98B5B4F5D4.jpeg

I’ll post a bit on Instagram tomorrow if anyone wants to follow along (@laurenalexis6) I’ll most likely start my report on my fight home tomorrow!

Home and about to go to bed from this amazing day! Hope to post my first update tomorrow!!! Shouldn’t take to long to get through the whole report!

My one Disney day is over! What a whirlwind! I’m exhausted but also really sad it is over! Today 12/13 is also the 1 year anniversary of the first time I did a crazy 1 day trip!!

Most people do trip reports where travel days are viewed as boring, or not as exciting but that’s all you’ll be getting here!

I was up around 3, I didn’t hit snooze as my husband has been having trouble sleeping and I didn’t want to wake him, well he was up watching tv already!

I got my clothes and hair drier and headed to the basement in hopes of not waking anyone else up. I got dressed double checked I had everything for the day, I had packed my bag and Fanny pack the night before, charged my magic band, and debated shorts or pants. I went with pants but had shorts in my bag.
0DF6D472-BFAE-4FBF-9042-1F87C6525B5C.jpeg
Packed bag!

I took a horrible mirror selfie timed at 408.
4DF3F998-0A95-48EB-B1A0-9E6517C56D3A.jpeg
I left around 4:15, I still stopped halfway down my street to check my bag again, luckily I don’t think I forgot anything!

I made a wrong turn in the airport but still managed to make it to short term parking at 4:33 per the photo of the sign so I wouldn’t forget where I parked! Yes that is snow on the cars!
4086CCA3-F414-462B-8BD2-1D00B57BF9B6.jpeg
As usually when I’m at terminal B in Newark I was through security real fast, my photo of the still closed Starbucks is timed at 4:44. I have clear and pre check, for me so worth it!
8DB37BB8-4A15-4CC0-AEFC-55A8F3C120BA.jpeg
I grabbed a water at the only spot that was open, and then headed to the gate.

This is PSA time please for the sake of all other travelers please please please stop watching reels or Tik Toks or whatever with volume on and no headphones it is disturbing the rest of us!

Anyway after listening to the woman next to me watch reels for 30 minutes I got up and decided to look for food. Starbucks was open now and I grabbed a chocolate croissant.

By the time I was done with the slow line at Starbucks, my flight was boarding, so I headed on. We had to de-ice a bit and took off a tiny bit late, 625 maybe?

I watched that Amazon movie the people we hate at the wedding, with Ben Platt, it was cute I recommend.

With the amount of buffer they build in now we still landed early, I texted my best friend we landed at 844 and my husband at 848, priorities! One was brining me coffee one was not! I have a video and picture I took in the airport at 8:52.
DAA8DA24-5718-4FC5-8D5E-20A3EAB594A2.jpeg

I stopped by the rest room, then booked a Lyft however it didn’t move for 5 minutes so I canceled and tried Uber, which pulled up right away. I took a selfie at 910 in the uber and was going under the Walt Disney sign at 931!
BAB4B4F9-E512-4D05-B962-D3CF072AA9B7.jpeg

2CED405A-5060-4CCE-898E-4BCD2C67F381.jpeg

Up next I arrive at Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter