Epic Mickey

HauntedBoy

Earning My Ears
Anybody else here playing the new Wii game Epic Mickey? I am hooked. It is pretty difficult. I couldn't imagine a little kid playing it.

I've seen it at the stores, I've yet to break down and get it for my boys (ages 7 and almost 9). My 7 year old can play some games ages 10 & up (Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars) and I'm pretty sure they will get the hang of Epic Mickey long before I can figure it out!

I think my parents are going to get it for my hubby for Christmas along with the new Gran Turismo 5. I know what my hubby will be doing in January :lmao:

I've been playing the game somewhat, although I'm really dumb and uncooredinated when it comes to these games as I'm new to the whole Wii thing. But I'm certainly still having fun playing it. Right now I'm stuck in it's a small world, and two of the missions I've completed along the way, I have no idea how I did it!! I was just suddenly able to get out of the "locked room", and didn't know what I did to accomplish that! Oh well, I just say "Yay!" and move on.

Bought it for my nephew for his holiday gift! Can't wait to play it with him. He's 16 and usually "beats" a game in a few days to a week. Including all the Kingdom Hearts games. So, I will get to see the whole thing but, of course, couldn't do it myself.

I've heard bad reviews which said the game has horrible controls and a bad camera. I still want to play it, but don't know about buying it. :confused3

The camera is somewhat off, but ya get used to it. I don't think you can replay failed quests, though I haven't gotten to the end yet. Right now- I am in the Haunted Mansion.

I do think that I have solved some quests, died and then returned to the game without them solved. I then try to solve, and I don't get the right prompts. I don't know though. It is tricky.

I said to my partner that kids must have a hard time. He said, they are wired for this stuff. haha

I'll be giving it a try next week - ordered it today. :goodvibes

Been playing Epic Mickey for about a week and I love it!

The camera angles are a pain but you do get used to it and getting to see the lesser known characters as you play is great.

I remember seeing Clarabel Cow and saying "She's not a forgotten character, she's in the Halloween parade!". :)

I've been playing for a while.. Yes, the camera does suck sometimes, but I am working through that. I am in tomorrow city right now and the "spider monsters" are kicking my butt!

It's fun, but many times you can't go back to places you missed. A failed quest is just that.. they want you to play a few times. I read that the story changes somewhat if you go all thinner vs. all paint.

I just started playing it and am totally loving it! I agree that the camera angles are a little challenging, but the theme and story line are super fun!

My nephew got this - it's totally cool - love it :cloud9:

I actually got 2 copies! 1 from my Mom and 1 from my 7 year old godchild! LOL

I have not played it yet.

We got it for Christmas, but today was our first day playing. I can't figure out a ding dong thing, but our kids are loving it. They are used to Mario games, so this one is something different. Has anyone figured out if two people can play at the same time? The kids are passing the remote back and forth.

We got it for Christmas, but today was our first day playing. I can't figure out a ding dong thing, but our kids are loving it. They are used to Mario games, so this one is something different. Has anyone figured out if two people can play at the same time? The kids are passing the remote back and forth.

I believe it's a one player game. We found the first stage of the game to be the most challenging so far. There are hints online, however. Just saying. ;)

Anyone else keep killing characters by accident? Like I dropped the safe on the pirate in Toontown and then killed the telephone thingy that lives in Mickey's house. I'm so bad at games....:laughing:

You killed the telephone? How did you manage that?? d'oh!!! :rotfl:

I'm currently on "Mean Street" right now. I love this twisted version of the Magic Kingdom. I am however finding this game to be a little repetative. Do this quest, but to do this quest go do this, but to do that you have to do this. Not very much challenge in most of the quests. Just running back and forth. Some do offer a challenge but so far most haven't. I hope it offers more challenge and puzzle solving as the game progresses.

Did anyone else get the collector's edition? I got mine from amazon and the mickey figurine it came with was missing his paintbrush so I have to send it back and have a replacement sent! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter