• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epoct World Showcase: Are Cast Members from the various countries back?

WorldOfPooh

DIS Veteran
Epoct World Showcase: Are Cast Members from the various countries back?

For example are the German cast members in Germany or are they using American cast members?

No, the International Program has not been restarted yet. There could be some CMs from certain countries working in Epcot, but not like it used to be. And a lot of the stores are still closed in the countries as well.

I wouldn’t expect the International Program to restart for quite a while. College Program will probably start before the IP.

There has not been any word on when the International Program will restart. Currently, it appears the earliest the College program could restart would be summer, more likely fall.
I would agree that the International Program probably won't start until after the College program.

There are, but they are non-IP, so not many. There were maybe 2 or 3 working at Biergarten last night. None at Karamell-Kuche. The German CMs were wearing the traditional costume. The rest were wearing either the Epcot (red shirt) or black/white servers uniform.

We've seen a sprinkling of cast members from the different countries throughout World Showcase (Japan, Morocco, and Italy that we noticed), but not many since the International Program isn't back up and running yet.

Japan and Morocco were the 2 Countries during our September trip who had almost all CMs from those Countries and almost all in the Cultural Costumes.

Many of the other Countries had ZERO or VERY few.

To us,EVERY attraction could reopen,but until the International and College Program CMs return,it just won't be Walt Disney WORLD! :)

If I remember correctly, the program that WDW used to bring over the international cast members had a time limit on how long they could work in the pavilions. Partially due to legal requirements around visas, and partially to ensure that the CMs working were "authentic". At the end of their program, some chose to transition into other roles outside the international program. This meant they were subject to whatever visa requirements a normal job had for non-American citizens/residents. I wouldn't be too surprised if the CMs who had made that transition were offered the ability to transition back to jobs at the pavilions for the near future.

If I remember correctly, the program that WDW used to bring over the international cast members had a time limit on how long they could work in the pavilions. Partially due to legal requirements around visas, and partially to ensure that the CMs working were "authentic". At the end of their program, some chose to transition into other roles outside the international program. This meant they were subject to whatever visa requirements a normal job had for non-American citizens/residents. I wouldn't be too surprised if the CMs who had made that transition were offered the ability to transition back to jobs at the pavilions for the near future.
Morocco used to be managed directly by Morocco's government and most of the people working there live here in America full time. So some are still working at epcot. The China and Japan stores are privately owned and managed by 3rd party which is why both also have people from those countries still working. Mostly everything else is run mostly by ICP. The majority of these kids go back home after a term or extension of term, very very few have a chance to stay

Morocco used to be managed directly by Morocco's government and most of the people working there live here in America full time. So some are still working at epcot. The China and Japan stores are privately owned and managed by 3rd party which is why both also have people from those countries still working. Mostly everything else is run mostly by ICP. The majority of these kids go back home after a term or extension of term, very very few have a chance to stay

Yup, the 3rd party are a different beast. But I do know of other specific examples where CMs transferred out of the international program to work in other areas after their year was up. Although I can't believe that the 3rd parties aren't subject to the same visa requirements as those onboarded by the mouse. I suspect they were still there just because they weren't furloughed/termed/whatevered by the operating partner unlike those that had been brought on by the mouse.

Yup, the 3rd party are a different beast. But I do know of other specific examples where CMs transferred out of the international program to work in other areas after their year was up. Although I can't believe that the 3rd parties aren't subject to the same visa requirements as those onboarded by the mouse. I suspect they were still there just because they weren't furloughed/termed/whatevered by the operating partner unlike those that had been brought on by the mouse.
They live here permanently

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter