Equifax Data Breach Settlement: Get Free Credit Monitoring Or $125 If You Already Have Monitoring

Clarification: the way it is worded, you can only claim the $125 if you already have credit monitoring and will continue to do so for 6 months.

My husband and I submitted separate claims, just to confirm that.

Clarification: the way it is worded, you can only claim the $125 if you already have credit monitoring and will continue to do so for 6 months.

My husband and I submitted separate claims, just to confirm that.

I changed the title to reflect that, thanks.

I was able to file separate clams as well.

Thanks, I was able to file for the money. I have the Discover monitoring alerts so hopefully that counts :confused3

I checked this morning and saw both my wife and I were impacted. Filed claims on both so we will see what happens

I checked this morning and saw both my wife and I were impacted. Filed claims on both so we will see what happens

Where do you check this? I have not received any notification that either of us were affected, so I'd like to check.

Where do you check this? I have not received any notification that either of us were affected, so I'd like to check.
It won’t let me post the direct link but google equafax breach settlement and it will take you there.

Does anyone know what company provides the credit monitoring? We had our personal info compromised as part of a breach against Tricare (military health insurance) and were offered monitoring through LifeLock, which has had it's own issues over the years, so I don't trust them.

ETA: It's through Experian.

Last edited:
Ugh, we are both affected. Don't currently have credit monitoring, so signing us both up for that.

Somehow I doubt it'll be $125, maybe more like $1.25 when it's all said and done. But, will see.

I agree, with most of these types of class action lawsuits, the lawyers tend to make out with most of the payout. That is why you see so many TV ads inviting people to join some lawsuit. Those impacted tend to get a trivial amount or you get a credit toward the purchase of some more expensive option you probably wouldn't have purchased.

I wonder why the crooks bother to steal the identify of real people when you can just make up a fake name and fake social security number and apply for credit cards?

Just read that if every person who was affected by the data breach filed a claim, everyone would get like 12 cents. We have filed, but doubt we will ever get $125 each :(

And filing for a claim requires you provide them MORE personal info........ummm for $.12...........no thanks !!!!

For what it's worth...I checked mine and husband's information (his information was compromised). Then I checked our four children (ages 9 - 19) and two of their names came up as compromised, too. Nope, they don't have credit cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter