Error Message when trying to modify?

I had no trouble this morning, but did yesterday. Got VGF booked today (couldn't yesterday) and was able to modify a January trip too. So, for me, it is working like normal today. It is just so random, but I have a feeling this is why we are seeing a 3 day shut down. They know there are big issues that keep occurring. The other thing is they are trying to fix the loophole where rooms show up in inventory before the waitlist is grabbing them and the availability calendars are not updating in real time when the system is holding them (someone mentioned that a CM has indicated this could be happening???)

i would be happy with a better reliable waitlist system. I thought for me I just wanted to drop a day and it says no inventory….seems weird because I’m not even wanting anything additional.

i would be happy with a better reliable waitlist system. I thought for me I just wanted to drop a day and it says no inventory….seems weird because I’m not even wanting anything additional.

Which is why it makes no sense to me as to why some accounts have trouble and others do not. Like I said, today everything is working just fine for me but not for you. I am not an IT person but it seems like things should work the same for everyone???

Just to note it, definitely still an ongoing issue for me. Showing full availability for a stay in January at Poly -- and then try to book it giving the "no longer available". Then refresh says that it is available again. I get that IT issues occur -- but when they go on for days and days and days (especially with no on-the-website warning that there is a known issue occurring), that is just really frustrating.

At least put a warning message up there saying that the site is experiencing issues and that availability may be incorrect. SOMETHING to indicate that it is being worked on actively.

Just to note it, definitely still an ongoing issue for me. Showing full availability for a stay in January at Poly -- and then try to book it giving the "no longer available". Then refresh says that it is available again. I get that IT issues occur -- but when they go on for days and days and days (especially with no on-the-website warning that there is a known issue occurring), that is just really frustrating.

At least put a warning message up there saying that the site is experiencing issues and that availability may be incorrect. SOMETHING to indicate that it is being worked on actively.
Yup, absolutely killing me right now. The room I need to complete my stay for the 50th is showing right now! Should be able to book it and can’t. So sick of Disney’s terrible tech issues being such a problem!

Which is why it makes no sense to me as to why some accounts have trouble and others do not. Like I said, today everything is working just fine for me but not for you. I am not an IT person but it seems like things should work the same for everyone???

definitely weird, I couldn’t modify my November reservations at BLT for November made at the 11 month window. I could modify my May 2022 Bwv reservation made at the 11 month window by adding an extra day. Makes my head spin.

Same. Won’t allow me to modify to drop a day. Tried two contracts, one is direct and the other resale but both had the same issues. Quite frustrating. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

As a side note the MS rep was not very helpful plus in a judgmental tone said “ wow, you have A LOT of reservations going on during this time, I mean a lot”. I responded by saying I wouldn’t have so many if I could modify. Then I asked him to hang up so I could call back tomorrow and talk to a more pleasant rep.

Same. Won’t allow me to modify to drop a day. Tried two contracts, one is direct and the other resale but both had the same issues. Quite frustrating. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

As a side note the MS rep was not very helpful plus in a judgmental tone said “ wow, you have A LOT of reservations going on during this time, I mean a lot”. I responded by saying I wouldn’t have so many if I could modify. Then I asked him to hang up so I could call back tomorrow and talk to a more pleasant rep.

thats too bad. I’m in the same boat. Lots of single days around my reservations, times 2 because I have a room for my grandkids coming and going on a different timeframe than I am, plus still holding a couple of days in case I decide to add a cruise during that time, so need a day before and day after.

I think this has something to do with the waitlist as well. I had the same issue last week when trying to add a night at the VGF to add to an existing reservation I made at the 11 month window. I had some banked points, so I was going to take whatever I could get at the 7 month window, and add a waitlist for the first night of my trip next January. The day after the seven month window, a walker must have cancelled the room I needed, and it was available. I tried several times throughout the day, and got the error message every time. I finally called mid-afternoon, and the cast member said there was a glitch in the system. She also offered to check to see my waitlist. She could see that my waitlist had been matched, but wasn't processed yet so she took care of that for me.

It's definitely frustrating when you see availability that you want to book but can't complete. Hopefully they can figure out a way to resolve this soon.

Had the availability issue happening all day yesterday and today as well. Finally called MS and the woman said it had been reported to IT, however it still shows studios available when there actually is none! Very frustrating as I was reserving for a friend who found cheap airfare, but can't book without knowing the room is available.

It has been happening to me all day yesterday and today. I can't book anything. I called MS and was told that the rooms are not available, even though they are still showing up hours later. I really hope that they fix this issue. I am trying to pick up an extra day, and it is making it impossible.

If rooms are unavailable it should allow one to waitlist.
This is so frustrating wanting to book my January trip before I purchase airfare.

If rooms are unavailable it should allow one to waitlist.
This is so frustrating wanting to book my January trip before I purchase airfare.

Let's hope it fixes soon. This morning, I got the error message when trying to change my 1 bedroom PV to 1 bedroom SV at RIV. It was showing and got the dreaded error. I think played with the date and went back one on the calendar, searched again, changed it when it showed up, and it let me book it.

So keep playing because it seems like the "glitch" can come and go.

I wish I had seen this thread before I modified my reservation @ BWV this morning! I had 6 nights in 1 Bdr std booked (which consistently has shown availability since earlier this month). I wanted a 2 bdr and it showed up (for 3 nights) but would only let me book if I did as a modification to the 1 bed ressie. I was able to secure the 2 bed (yay!), but then I couldn't rebook the other 3 nights for the 1bdr (boo!) despite showing availability. I called MS exactly at 9am and got right thru (omg!) but all she could do is waitlist the remaining 3 nights I need. I wouldn't have even risked it if I realized these issues were going on.

I’m having the glitch too for the past couple days. There’s a standard studio showing up as available for about 3 days now for October 10th and I get the room is not available refresh or try again. One time when I refreshed I was able to book the 8-9th in a preferred which popped up in one of the refreshes, so I was at least able to get two of the three nights I wanted. I called MS to get the standard booked for the 10th so at least we’d have a room for the Sunday in case my preferred waitlist doesn’t come through and she said it’s unavailable and hopefully the it glitches will be sorted out during the shutdown.

In the past hour I got 2 room that when selected came back as "sorry, they are now unavailable". One modification where I wanted to reallocate points to use some banked that got thru a good ways and then "sorry, the room is now unavailable" which of course it was still right there. And then I actually was able to book another night that was new availability since yesterday. 1 for 4? Is that good for a reservation website? (rhetorical - it isn't)

This is stressing me out right now, there are two reservations I really want and I am getting the error!

Ugh. I'm on hold now. I hate not knowing if they are really "available" or not!

Update: After an hour on hold I was told this is a "known issue" and the room is not really available. I still see it. I had member services waitlist it for me and I will continue to try to book it on my own.

Last edited:
we got it again this morning...ugh! We'll keep trying online before we call....frustrating!

I wonder if this is some failed fix for stopping people from walking a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter