Error trying to use Genie (the free version)

I had the same problem until I used the website version instead of the app. After I planned my days on mde on the website, the app showed them. Edit- the difference may have been using the app on my iPad vs my phone. I am thoroughly confused by the mde update.

Last edited:
I had the same problem until I used the website version instead of the app. After I planned my days on mde on the website, the app showed them.
Really? I didn't realize the Genie worked on the website...I booked all my park reservations through the website but didn't know I could use the Genie planner there too.

Really? I didn't realize the Genie worked on the website...I booked all my park reservations through the website but didn't know I could use the Genie planner there too.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how I did it now that I try again. The changes to mde have me completely confused. Maybe using my ipad vs phone made the difference?

I was trying this out for an upcoming trip and it let me do all the info entry for the first day but after it’s done there are recommendations but over on the tip board there’s just an error saying cannot load. Should the tip board work for future dates? It gives the same error if I leave it for today. Shouldn’t it display the LL info for today or is this tab blank if you don’t have a ticket and Genie+.

So after almost 3 hours on hold for Disney IT...go to tickets on the my Disney experience. Then edit, then a box shows up to add Genie + to your WHOLE package, you cannot choose day by day unless you buy it the day of.

After you select the day on the calendar, make sure you scroll down far enough to select the park. Even though you already have a park reserved, Genie doesn't automatically default to it
Thank you. This fixed my issue. It was defaulting to a park I wasn't going to. Once I chose the park i had a reservation for it worked for all days of my trip.

Do you by chance have an annual pass?

I have one but my wife and daughter who will be with me on this trip do not.

Their MDE accounts do not have this issue.
Yes I do and my husband and two sons who will be with me on the trips do not. I'm the only one with an MDE account. I'm a little concerned because I've seen that those with different ticket types can't schedule together...not sure how that's going to play out with using Genie+ or ILL$ but didn't think it would be a problem with the free Genie.

Yes I do and my husband and two sons who will be with me on the trips do not. I'm the only one with an MDE account. I'm a little concerned because I've seen that those with different ticket types can't schedule together...not sure how that's going to play out with using Genie+ or ILL$ but didn't think it would be a problem with the free Genie.

I think I resolved my problem, thanks to post #3 on this thread.

When you go to the calendar to select a day, after you select the day, scroll down on the screen to where you pick a park for the day before hitting “continue”.

The default park shown was the park for the previous day, but when I click on “change park” and click on the park for which we have reservations that day, everything is fine. I then did that for the other days for the rest of the trip.

It’s misleading because when you pick the day the first time there’s a banner with the park you’re going to. That duped me into thinking that it knew that was the park I wanted for that day.

After you select the day on the calendar, make sure you scroll down far enough to select the park. Even though you already have a park reserved, Genie doesn't automatically default to it

Thank you, this helped me solve my problem. Genie defaulted to the park we had reserved for the previous day, but the place to change the park is hiding below the visible part of the screen so I just hit “Continue”.

I think I resolved my problem, thanks to post #3 on this thread.

When you go to the calendar to select a day, after you select the day, scroll down on the screen to where you pick a park for the day before hitting “continue”.

The default park shown was the park for the previous day, but when I click on “change park” and click on the park for which we have reservations that day, everything is fine. I then did that for the other days for the rest of the trip.

It’s misleading because when you pick the day the first time there’s a banner with the park you’re going to. That duped me into thinking that it knew that was the park I wanted for that day.
I think that will fix it. You're right. Thank you to you and @Turksmom!

I was finally able to try it and it worked. I can see why people miss it as I had to scroll down to be able to see the "change park"...they should have it visible on the screen, and not something you have to scroll for. Also in setting things up it appears they fixed the ADR date glitch that was showing 3 days earlier than 60, as of right now, my "you can book in X number of days" is actually back to the 60 day mark.

Here's another observation: I have two trips coming up and at first I did have to make sure I scrolled down and changed the park to the one I had reservations for. After doing a few for my April trip and then a few for May trip, eventually I didn't have to select the park, it automatically populated the one I had a reservation for. Wonder if it was something they fixed?

Why does Genie not list all restaurant options for the park you are visiting? It asks you to check restaurants of interest, but, e.g., Epcot has no Via Napoli? It can't be because it only lists Disney owned restaurants because Space220 is listed as are both restaurants in Mexico. Just a curiosity. . .

Why does Genie not list all restaurant options for the park you are visiting? It asks you to check restaurants of interest, but, e.g., Epcot has no Via Napoli? It can't be because it only lists Disney owned restaurants because Space220 is listed as are both restaurants in Mexico. Just a curiosity. . .
I was wondering the same thing. I too wanted to select Via Napoli and looked several times just to see if I somehow missed it or it was listed as "The Via Napoli" or something...think that's just another glitch

I know I saw others with this issue but never saw a resolution and can't find it now. I'm trying to put some choices into the free Genie portion for my upcoming trips in April and May. I was able to plan my first day in April and my first day in May with the Genie. However, when I go to the second days for both trips, it tells me we don't have park reservations, even though it shows the reservations in My plans. It won't let me go any further to plan my days since it doesn't recognize my park reservations...any ideas how to fix this?
I know others noted the "solution" but needed to post mine for therapeutic purposes! I love Disney but sometime the interfaces for their technology drives me nuts!

OK, similar to others, I had my Park Pass Reservations made (End of July 2022) and wanted to start playing with the new Genie features in the MDE app. So this is where it is a terrible UI (user interface) design. Follow me here.
Open app>MyGenieDay>Change Day (select your future date)>Park Reservations (it'll say your "You're good to go!" , a Genie lamp icon and there will be a Get Started button<select that button> Here comes the stupid...now you are presented with a calendar and the day you wanted is highlighted....right below the calendar it says "Continue"....DO NOT select continue. If you do, it will take you to a screen saying none of your party has park passes. DUMB. Instead, swipe the calendar UP and you will now "magically" see the option Select a park.
What an incredibly unintuitive interface.
*Also worth noting the screen may render differently between ios and android phones\devices. On my daughter's iPhone, the "select Park" text was visible without having to scroll.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. I too wanted to select Via Napoli and looked several times just to see if I somehow missed it or it was listed as "The Via Napoli" or something...think that's just another glitch
Same thing for me. Was looking for Via Napoli as a lunch option on our arrival day. Couldn't find it in Genie.

Same thing for me. Was looking for Via Napoli as a lunch option on our arrival day. Couldn't find it in Genie.
I just booked it Sunday on my laptop for lunch on my April trip. Try the website instead of going through Genie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter