Error trying to use Genie (the free version)

I just booked it Sunday on my laptop for lunch on my April trip. Try the website instead of going through Genie.
I'm okay with workarounds but find it annoying that they don't have it listed. I manage technology for a living in a major financial corp, so I'm easily annoyed by the tech snafus. Lol.

I'm okay with workarounds but find it annoying that they don't have it listed. I manage technology for a living in a major financial corp, so I'm easily annoyed by the tech snafus. Lol.
It is strange. I assumed it was an oversight that they'd address and fix but it's been a few months now. It boggles my mind that a company the size of Disney with all its resources has such lousy IT.

I know this is an old thread but I’m hopeful someone can advise me. We will be going to MK for one day, mid March. I have purchased 1 day tix with genie+, I’ve made Park reservation and linked our hotel (staying at Dolphin). When I try to use genie, to set our preferences and really just play around with the free aspect of it (been to Disney countless times but this will be our first trip with genie) before it’s go time with genie+ at 7am on our trip day. My issue is I can select my husband and my 3 kids, but for myself it says I do not have an eligible ticket or pass….I’m greyed out and can’t check the box next to myself. My main worry is that, at 7am on our park day, it will be the same issue and I won’t be able to make LL selections for all 5 of us, but only the 4 of them. I’ve chatted w a cast member and she told me she “believes” it will be fine as she said free genie and lightening lane operate much differently, but she couldn’t guarantee there won’t be the same issue. Has anyone had this error (no ineligible ticket or pass) when trying to build your tip board etc, but everything has been fine for LL? Sorry for the long post!!

In the phone app - for some reason we're seeing one extra day highlighted in the calendar - our trip starts August 19th but for some reason August 18th is showing as bookable for genie. Any idea why? Just random website quirks? We do also have genie + booked

(I also work in tech, and yes, this is frustrating wondering whether it's just bad code or if something is wrong with my booking)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter