Escape Pricing

Sometime in the last few weeks. Escape pricing is guaranteed through the end of the calendar year. Those are the 2015 prices. :thumbsup2

Sometime in the last few weeks. Escape pricing is guaranteed through the end of the calendar year. Those are the 2015 prices. :thumbsup2

Stupid question but since I'm waiting on a call back from Disney to book my August 2015 Escape I take it I'll be under the new pricing (also I KNEW! It went up. My fiancé thought I was crazy... Again. Lol!)

Stupid question but since I'm waiting on a call back from Disney to book my August 2015 Escape I take it I'll be under the new pricing (also I KNEW! It went up. My fiancé thought I was crazy... Again. Lol!)

Yes if you've not signed your contract you'll be new pricing.

Yes if you've not signed your contract you'll be new pricing.

Thought so. Bummer. Oh well the good news is my budget had a lot of wiggle room so everything should still work out the way I want it to

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Dear lord I almost had a heart attack.

From what I can see it looks as though the Canada Pavilion price, which is the one we want, is the same.

Does anyone know why the WP is now $300 more than the Canada Pavilion?

It makes no sense to me. The total prices are up almost $600 for all but Canada, and they've added absolutely nothing to the package. In fact, they've actually taken customization away recently with a new ban on upgrading your cake to a custom design. Guess it's one of those "because they can" increases. :rolleyes:

It makes no sense to me. The total prices are up almost $600 for all but Canada, and they've added absolutely nothing to the package. In fact, they've actually taken customization away recently with a new ban on upgrading your cake to a custom design. Guess it's one of those "because they can" increases. :rolleyes:

I don't really get this. What if you have sixteen guests and just want a custom wedding? That's not really very fair- if you're willing to pay all their minimums, surely you should be able to do that?

There is a ban on upgrading the cake now?

I saw a thread awhile ago where someone was saying escape brides could no longer upgrade the cake but I hadn't seen where it had been confirmed.

That's a bit of a bummer.

Not sure I am reading this correctly, but does the new pricing no longer include tax?

The package price includes tax and service charge. That disclaimer is at the bottom of every collection's page and it always throws people off with Escape. The tax and gratuity apply to things that you add to the package, which is maybe why they keep it there.

I don't really get this. What if you have sixteen guests and just want a custom wedding? That's not really very fair- if you're willing to pay all their minimums, surely you should be able to do that?

They say it is too difficult for groups smaller than 20 to meet the food and beverage minimums associated with Wishes. With the new rules for Wishes (only food and beverage served at the reception apply to the food and beverage minimum) you would have to add a lot of food, cake and/or booze to make up the difference between 16 and 20 guests.

There is a ban on upgrading the cake now?

I saw a thread awhile ago where someone was saying escape brides could no longer upgrade the cake but I hadn't seen where it had been confirmed.

That's a bit of a bummer.

Yeah, sorry — I confirmed it with them recently but forgot to dig up that thread.

Yeah, sorry — I confirmed it with them recently but forgot to dig up that thread.

No problem.

Do you know if that includes cake and filling flavors as well as design? If I recall correctly your book lists several cake and filling flavor options for Escape cakes and a bunch more for Wishes. Does this mean we can no longer opt for a flavor offered to Wishes cakes?

They say it is too difficult for groups smaller than 20 to meet the food and beverage minimums associated with Wishes. With the new rules for Wishes (only food and beverage served at the reception apply to the food and beverage minimum) you would have to add a lot of food, cake and/or booze to make up the difference between 16 and 20 guests.

Yeah that totally wouldn't be a problem in my family. Hah!

It's already on the Disney Weddings website: they're charging 5500$ now, which nearly made me cry (although I expected the prices to go up soon). With blocking the weekends for Escape it seems to me they maybe want to end that package and force you to choose between Wishes and Memoires?

No problem.

Do you know if that includes cake and filling flavors as well as design? If I recall correctly your book lists several cake and filling flavor options for Escape cakes and a bunch more for Wishes. Does this mean we can no longer opt for a flavor offered to Wishes cakes?

It's just the design you can't customize anymore. Sometimes they charge you a few extra bucks for a flavor upgrade, but it's nothing exorbitant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter