• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN Club Question

ashmarie06

DIS Veteran
Hi Friends! I'm not sure if anyone can help me or not. We have been to ESPN Club before to watch football games while in Disney. However all of those games were on the ESPN Channel. DFi wants to go there on our upcoming trip to watch the OSU game. This game is on Fox Sports. Do you know if the ESPN Club, will show the games not being played on one of the many ESPN Channels?

Thank you SO Much!

They should. I actually like to go to Disney Springs to Splittsville for games. All the bars have huge tvs and there are tvs throughout the building that they will put games on. I think their food is much much better!

They do show all sports channels. Half the NFL games are on Fox and they air those too.

Can someone explain the differences between the ESPN restaurants at the WWoS and Disney Springs? I've read that WWoS has a fee to enter but I don't want to pay a fee just to go eat at the restaurant.

We arrive on a Saturday and won't be going to a park that day. Looking to eat dinner and watch our team's game at 7:30PM. Any suggestions other than ESPN? We will have a 10 and 7 yr old with us.

Can someone explain the differences between the ESPN restaurants at the WWoS and Disney Springs? I've read that WWoS has a fee to enter but I don't want to pay a fee just to go eat at the restaurant.

We arrive on a Saturday and won't be going to a park that day. Looking to eat dinner and watch our team's game at 7:30PM. Any suggestions other than ESPN? We will have a 10 and 7 yr old with us.
Don't believe there is an ESPN Restaurant at DS. There is one on the Boardwalk. That's a restaurant, nothing more.
At WWoS it's a sports complex where they hold games and expos (like for Run Disney events). There is a snack bar type place to grab food but really, unless you are going to watch a game (as in your kid is in a tournament there) there is no reason to go at all. It's not a place you'd go to watch a game on TV.
For that you want Splitsville at DS (a bowling alley/restaurant) or ESPN Club on the Boardwalk.

They should. I actually like to go to Disney Springs to Splittsville for games. All the bars have huge tvs and there are tvs throughout the building that they will put games on. I think their food is much much better!

Service is much better as well, I would second this option.

We arrive at the Boardwalk the morning of Dec. 1. There are currently no lunch ADRs available for the ESPN club. Does this usually mean that there will no seats available for walk-ins (people with no reservations) either?

They only take lunch ADRS during the week. On weekends and special events (baseball , basketball and hockey playoffs among others)
they have a package you call to get (this year's price is $75.00 as per Allears.net). Otherwise you wait for a table or seats in the bar to open up.

There's a restaurant at WWOS but it's not the same type of restaurant as ESPN Club. I don't believe anyone goes there to watch games on TV. It's mostly for those participating in sporting events at the WWOS.

We arrive at the Boardwalk the morning of Dec. 1. There are currently no lunch ADRs available for the ESPN club. Does this usually mean that there will no seats available for walk-ins (people with no reservations) either?
They don't take any reservations, only walk ins. We ate there twice and if you don't try to go at the height of dinner (6-8 p.m) it's not too hard to get a table.
They only take lunch ADRS during the week. On weekends and special events (baseball , basketball and hockey playoffs among others)
they have a package you call to get (this year's price is $75.00 as per Allears.net). Otherwise you wait for a table or seats in the bar to open up.
I was just there in August and they no longer offer the game day packages. It's all walk in now.

I've eaten at ESPN three times because other people in my party wanted to eat there and I no need to go back for the food. Spent a couple of hours in at the bar one rainy Saturday afternoon in March and watched basketball. We usually stay at Beach Club so we've walked past ESPN numerous time and always seems to be a line of people waiting for a table.

They don't take any reservations, only walk ins. We ate there twice and if you don't try to go at the height of dinner (6-8 p.m) it's not too hard to get a table.

I was just there in August and they no longer offer the game day packages. It's all walk in now.

Did not know that, I guess it was in demand enough they felt it was worth it to bring it back.
They never have it year round. Only during really busy sports seasons (aka, Football or playoffs for other sports)

And they do take lunch reservations during the week.

I've eaten at ESPN three times because other people in my party wanted to eat there and I no need to go back for the food. Spent a couple of hours in at the bar one rainy Saturday afternoon in March and watched basketball. We usually stay at Beach Club so we've walked past ESPN numerous time and always seems to be a line of people waiting for a table.
It's your basic chain restaurant pub food but I liked it - the Philly cheese steak was really good (get it with American or Cheddar not Mozzarella) and the wings were super crispy (which I personally prefer). Lots of beer options and very reasonable prices - much less expensive that your typical Disney restaurant.

We went to ESPN Club for the (Mets) MLB playoff games last year and never had trouble getting a table when we just showed up. They ask you what game you're watching & seat you accordingly. We never bothered with the premium package/meal plan, just ordered off the menu. They have TVs outside if you do have a wait, we never did though. We loved it, being that we were staying at BWV...and the fact that the Mets won that series probably helped too. :)

We went to ESPN Club for the (Mets) MLB playoff games last year and never had trouble getting a table when we just showed up. They ask you what game you're watching & seat you accordingly. We never bothered with the premium package/meal plan, just ordered off the menu. They have TVs outside if you do have a wait, we never did though. We loved it, being that we were staying at BWV...and the fact that the Mets won that series probably helped too. :)
We were down there during the Olympics so we watched alot of soccer!

Really the only times it gets to be a huge wait is football. The lines for NFL and College games can be nuts, especially NFL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter