Eternals- worst Marvel film

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Saw it yesterday with my 15 year old. About 2 hours and 30 minutes in (that is accurate) she leaned over and whispered “dad, I have no idea what’s going on”.

I responded “me neither. This makes no sense.”

I will avoid spoilers here but this film is a giant, expensive convoluted mess.

It is now the lowest ranked Marvel movie on Rotten Tomatoes.
I saw a review video the other day, pointing out some moments where the movie cut to the next scene without transitioning. There was potential, but it wasn't build up properly.

Last edited:
I rather liked it myself. It was a little bit lower-key than most Marvel movies, but it worked. It was sweeping and epic!

At the beginning, it did seem a little unfocused and all over the place. The second half was better and I ended up enjoying the minor characters a lot more than the bigger names.

It depends on what you want out of a superhero movie. This is leases action-y than Black Widow and more talk-y.
Also, the solution they come up with makes zero sense and changes 25 times in the last 20 minutes.

Also, the solution they come up with makes zero sense and changes 25 times in the last 20 minutes.

Are we past the period of good super hero movies other than the Spider-man ones?

As for TV, I really like Superman and Lois much better than what I have watched on Disney+.

Are we past the period of good super hero movies other than the Spider-man ones?

As for TV, I really like Superman and Lois much better than what I have watched on Disney+.
The Disney+ stuff, both Marvel and Star Wars has been infinitely better than the recent movies from those franchises.

The fact that he was the BEST character proves my point. None of the superheroes were even interesting.

Well, I liked Kingo, though he was underused. Gilgamesh too, but also underused. My favorite "superhero" in it was Dane, but obviously he was being set up for later. I still enjoyed the movie - it's almost more of an epic fantasy movie than a superhero one, but that's okay.

How can Eternals be the worst Marvel film made? I think they are doing a excellent job promoting it and I think the scene stealer of the movie is Ikaris and boy he's so cute he has replaced Star Lord as my new Marvel crush and every time I see Ikaris I start blushing like crazy. But I can see a sequel being made to Eternals in the future

It depends on what you want out of a superhero movie. This is leases action-y than Black Widow and more talk-y.

I kinda like less action, TBH. Extended action scenes get boring to me. I enjoyed the movie, though it did have some odd plot bits. I'm way more likely to watch this again than Age of Ultron, for one.

How can Eternals be the worst Marvel film made? I think they are doing a excellent job promoting it and I think the scene stealer of the movie is Ikaris and boy he's so cute he has replaced Star Lord as my new Marvel crush and every time I see Ikaris I start blushing like crazy. But I can see a sequel being made to Eternals in the future

I mena, even if it were the worst MCU movie so far, that'd still be pretty good compared to other superhero stuff. In my opinion they haven't had a real dud. A few aren't quite as good as others, but they're still decent, even the disliked ones like Iron Man 2/3 and Thor: The Dark World. Even odd-duck The Incredible Hulk is better than ANY recent DC Comics based movies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter