Euro Disney Help .... Please!

ECurto

Mouseketeer
Ok so its going to be my 1 year aniversary early next year. I really want to surprise the other half with a euro disney trip. But i am so confused! I know we want the Disneyland hotel. But i mean can i just book the hotel and no tickets? Is there suites? I heard there was free breakfast everymorning. And what is the deal with fastpasses? Also what airport do you fly into, and do you need a car? Is Disney far from Paris city? I know i want to stay for a week, so i heard somebody say to get anual passes. But i couldnt find a prive fot ust the anual pass, not how to get a price for a room only. Are there any anual pass discounts like DW anual pass? Also is there anyway to get a vacation video like disney world has? Ohhh so many questions, and im sure i have many more. Please anwser any or all. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

can i just book the hotel and no tickets
I am 99% sure yes

Is there suites?
Yes

I heard there was free breakfast everymorning
It has always been included in our room rate but remember it is continental breakfast. Any other you will have to pay for.

And what is the deal with fastpasses
Exactly the same as WDW Florida

Also what airport do you fly into
We have always flown into Charles De Gaulle (CDG Paris)

do you need a car
We have never booked a car. We've always used the Disney buses from CDG to Disney (takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on which way your driver take you). Then once in resort we use Disney transport which has always been more than efficient and easy to use.

Is Disney far from Paris city
About an hour on the train. The Marne La Valle train station is right next to Disney Village about a 5 minute walk from from the DisneyLand Hotel.

I'm sorry i don't know anything about Annual Passes for DLP
I can't see any video options on the DLP website either.
Hope this help a little. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

I thought that a night at any of the Disneyland Paris Hotels included tickets in their price (and continential breakfast!)

You may be better off booking a package anyway. Now we are DVC members we have to book travel separately and it seems so expensive just for the ferry!!!

We went to Disneyland Hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary. A suite would be lovely. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Susan

i don't think you will need to stay a week to see dlp,you will easily do it all in 3 days.
Have a look at the disneyland paris website,you can order a brochure and they send you a dvd similar to the florida one.

I had exactly the same questions as you - - - - - the DLRP board has all the answers and more.....

Don't want to put a dampener on it but I think if you've been to WDW you'll be disappointed with DLP, particularly DS.

The strange thing is my friend preferred DLP to WDW. It was probably as we were staying in International Drive instead of on-site. We have asked her to come with us to stay on site at DVC SSR next year and hope we have a better time.

I still love DLP and will keep going there even though we will go to WDW every year as well.

Anything Disney is great. In fact anything not work is great!!!!

Susan

gilld said:
Don't want to put a dampener on it but I think if you've been to WDW you'll be disappointed with DLP, particularly DS.

I respectfully disagree with this.

I had been to WDW several times before visiting DLP. I was wowed by DLP though.

Yes - it is a fraction of the size of WDW as a whole but the size is one of the things I like best about it. Everywhere is within easy walking distance if you stay onsite; there is handy access to Paris with the train station being by the door.

As to the WDS yes they are very small. It's all about managing your expectations.

The Disneyland Park, I think, is far more beautiful than the Magic Kingdom in WDW (and I never expected anything to beat that).

I don't think you can compare WDW and DLP they are so different. Don't expect DLP to be anything like WDW. Both offer different things. My only real bug bear is the Disney market place at WDW compared to DLP village. I hate the DLP village, I'm sure that there will be others who love it though. I would prefer WDW hands down but DLP is good for a Disney fix, and we have never done it at Christmas until this year........:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Our DS was in tears when we left DLP a few weeks ago so I don't think it matters so much to a child Disney is Disney to them where ever it is its Magical

:lovestruc Check the sticky on resort hotels by Richard3330, from CGD airport you can get the VEA for 14 euros each per adult 11.5 euros per child (one way) wich will take you directly to your hotel , as someone else said it's a no brainer & less stress than taking a train."Classic package prices include accomodation, breakfast and Disney Parks access for the duration of your stay."If you want to book reservations for restaurants and character meals do it when you book your stay and keep your ressie numbers(.See dlp.foodguide.co.uk for more info on restaurants including menus and prices).Perhaps surprise your beloved with an anniversary cake ask when you book!!Have fun and don't worry you'll be in Disney the best place for celebrations! :lovestruc Wifey

I believe the package deals are overall cheaper than booking hotel and tickets separately. I also believe the packages have a 2-night minimum stay (I know it's more than one night -- I booked Hotel Cheyenne for one night only, and there was no option to include tickets.)

I haven't been to DLRP yet, but I can't wait! I don't expect WDW, I don't expect DL/Anaheim. I expect something a little different, with some of the basic elements still there (some similar rides, FastPass, pin trading with CMs, long lines, overpriced merchandise :earseek: ).

I love visiting different parks because they're different, not in spite of it. I went to DL/Tokyo a few years ago and had a great time, and now I wish I could afford to book a trip to Hong Kong too! From the pictures online, I think I'm going to agree that DLRP is the most beautiful of the parks, architecturally. And for that, I'll live with the things I might not like so much (guests smoking, less organized queueing, fewer rides and attractions than WDW).

I love visiting different parks because they're different, not in spite of it.

Oh I quite agree!!

I am hoping to get to HK Disneyland in next 4 or 5 years!

Us too! We are looking forward to our trip because we want it to be a special event ,not just another vacation but something unique in it's own right. Hopefully it will meet our expectations, at worst it's still better than waiting another 18 months until we (hopefully) plan our next family holiday to occur! Until then we are planning for our trip and then saving for our next big one (wherever that may be) approx Feb 2007!"Have fun what ever life throws at you and where ever you may go" is a good goal to aim for. Wifey :lovestruc

We just got back a couple of days ago (thanks to all the folks on this boad for their help, btw!)

We were able to book hotel without including the passes, as we already had tickets. I think though, the deals including the tickets work out to be a pretty good deal. When we got there, we saw that they have 2 annual passes - The first one is 119 EU and has some blackout dates (20 days - close to holidays) and the second pass has no blackout dates and is either 139 or 159 EU. An individual ticket is 49 EU/day -- so if you are going for more than 2 days, it may be worth it for atleast one person to get an annual pass -- You get discounts on all food and merchandise.. from 10-25% off depending on your pass. I think you can also get room discounts with the AP, but am not sure about this. Their AP's are neat, they have your picture on them! Also, there is a nice discount if you want to buy AP's for the whole family.

You do not need a car. It isn't like WDW where you can drive from one park to another, if you stand in the middle, you can see Magic Kingdom, Disney Studios and Disney Village-- and you can walk to all the hotels.

You can take the train to/from Paris (RER A - just make sure you get on one that is going to disney, because the line splits!) The RER isn't bad, there are escalators and lifts. If you go to/from the RER to the metro though, be forewarned.. there are lots of stairs and long tunnels, with very few escalators. DH had to carry the luggage up and down the stairs, what a pain! The bus to/from CDG is very easy, and not so expensive I think 14 EU for adults, 11 EU for kids and free for babies.

There is also a bus tour that goes from Disney (I think) to Paris. There are brochures for it at the hotel.. but we thought it was quite expensive 60 EU and up - for 9 EU (18/RT) you can take the train into the city for the day-- and then if you want you can take one of the bus/boat/bus+boat tours in the city for about 24 EU or make your own tour!

We go to WDW many times a year - we had our first trip to DL California in May - and our first trip to DL Paris last week (I am teasing DH that we have to make it to Tokyo and Hong Kong by the end of the year) I looooooved Disney Paris. It is much more like WDW than DL california. My only disappointment was the Wishes sign in the hub, where the partners statue should be :( The park was gorgeous, their castle was incredible. Everyone was great. We really enjoyed it. We even took their version of the keys to the kingdom tour (15 EU!!) great!!

Enjoy your trip!
--heather

nemmie said:
About an hour on the train. The Marne La Valle train station is right next to Disney Village about a 5 minute walk from from the DisneyLand Hotel.
Is it as long as an hour :earseek: ? I thought it was more like half an hour? I hope not as we were planning on going into Paris with our DD2 and DS6 who will be struggling with this if it is as long as a whole hour.

heathrow42 said:
The park was gorgeous, their castle was incredible. Everyone was great. We really enjoyed it. We even took their version of the keys to the kingdom tour (15 EU!!) great!!

Heather

Just wondering how you booked this tour and was it in English!
Thanks
Sarah

TotallyAngelic said:
Heather

Just wondering how you booked this tour and was it in English!
Thanks
Sarah

Hee hee.. funny story. The short of it is go to guest relations in city hall first thing on your first day, and check with them for the schedule. They actually do the tours a couple times a day in different languages, and you can't book it in advance.

We only had 2 days there, and went to City Hall on our first day. The tour on the second day was supposed to be in German. I took a bit of German in school, but not nearly enough to handle to tour. So we talked to the guest relations folks, and asked if there was a chance the tour guide might also speak english... hoping that we could just go and the tour guide would take pity on us, and translate some things. :) Well, we talked, traded pins, exchanged stories.. and one of the girls went to check the schedule. Then she called the person who was supposed to give the tour the next day, and asked if they would do the tour in English. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but she ended up switching schedules with the scheduled tour guide! She was from Germany and spoke very good English - so she could give the tour in both languages. We showed up very excited the next day, and it turned out we were the only ones on the tour! We had a great time, and really enjoyed everything!!! Our guide's name was Iris - she was *very* knowledgeable and really loves Disney and the parks!

--heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter