Eurostar Luggage question

AmyPyjamas

Earning My Ears
Sorry about posting so many questions, I'm a worrier.

I have booked the Eurostar and on the site it says you can take two pieces of luggage and one hand luggage.

I want to take a small suitcase,backpack and my handbag, but i want sure whether they would class my backpack as hand luggage instead of main luggage.

I panic about the slightest thing so i am just trying to make sure i do everything right.

Hi AmyPyjamas

I just used the Eurostar last month from London to Paris and loved it. I too had a small suitcase, a backpack and a handbag and there were no problems. I had seen on their website that adults are allowed:

2 pieces of luggage (up to 85cm long); and
1 piece of hand luggage

without having to check in, but still, I'm very wary of the luggage police too.

I'm not sure how they differentiate luggage from hand luggage - it's all hand luggage really as you carry it and keep it with you on the journey. There's no 'hold' as such.

In all the times we've traveled by Eurostar, I've never been asked to show luggage/people ratio. I assume the guidelines are there to stop people trying to take huge amounts of luggage with them and ensure there's enough room for everyone.

Even getting on at Ashford with 3 kids and a buggy we got the space we needed for large suitcases etc.

I really wouldn't worry about this :goodvibes

The luggage restrictions are really just a guide so that people don't bring too much. It's not like flying where they can only carry a certain weight in the hold and a certain weight in the cabin, however there is a limited amount of baggage space for large items. You'll be fine with what you want to take though as you can leave your suitcase in the baggage rack and your other two bags on the overhead shelf or under your seat.

I had the same worries prior to our trip but needn't to have worried in the end.

As others have said, the guidelines only seem to be there to stop people bringing outrageously sized items with them, for all they know you could be moving to France, skimping on a removals company, and bringing all your worldly belongings with you! ;)

Coming back from DLP on Wednesday I had a big suitcase, a back-pack and a Disney Christmas Train Set, the box for which was well over a metre long! DGF had two smaller suitcases, her handbag and a shopping bag with loads of goodies. The Eurostar folk never batted an eyelid!

I wasnt even aware there was "restrictions".

Generally on the way home whilst you're waiting at the station you will see a lot of people with bags and bags and bags - especially of last minute shopping.

Did you book the eurostar as a package with disney, if not, make sure you have the disney express luggage add on, this is definitely worth it.

Thank you for all the replies. I was planning to take the backpack to put all the extra goodies i buy at Disney in, so that's a relief that there wont be a problem taking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter