EV Charging

robl45

DIS Veteran
I googled and found old information, can someone give me the latest info on EV charging at Universal, specifically Tesla? I believe there is no charging at any of the lower tier resorts, only at the express pass resorts and citywalk? I believe most of them are also at Valet?

Assuming this is correct, what is the chance of them being available and being able to use it? IE. If I drive up with just about a dead battery, is there a good shot they will be able to plug me in if I drive up for the day?

I am planning currently to get the top annual pass that has valet parking included so I can do the charging there if needed. What is the recommended/expected tip for valet parking at Universal?

If you Google Plugshare and the Loews/Universal Orlando hotels it gives you the locations and types of chargers available and includes recent reviews from folks who have used them.

any ideas on the top for the valet ? Do I tip more for having them charge the vehicle?

Circling back on this, after going Nov 10th and using Valet. I pulled in with around 26% charge and they charged it to 54%. Is this normal or do they normally charge it to full? Just want to make sure I have the correct expectations.

Circling back on this, after going Nov 10th and using Valet. I pulled in with around 26% charge and they charged it to 54%. Is this normal or do they normally charge it to full? Just want to make sure I have the correct expectations.

Assuming you are not driving a Tesla and the chargers are only level 2, which are fairly slow; with only 2 available and potentially others also needing them, I'm not surprised. Even with the fast chargers we usually only charge to 85% because the rate of charge slows dramatically after that point.

It is a Tesla
Ah, I don't know much about Teslas. They seem to have a pretty extensive charger network throughout the east coast area, I would think there should be somewhere else to charge up other than the Universal valet? Having a non-Tesla EV, we had some fun driving to WV from the DC area, plugged into my sister's ordinary 110 outlet for 48 hours to charge up. But a fast charger gets us to 85% in 25 minutes.

So I'm guessing then that expecting around 25% charge or so is where my expectations should be? Would be nice to get to 100 so I don't have to stop on the way home, but if the expectation is around 25% at least if I roll in with 6% I know I'm rolling out around 30% and can figure out which supercharger I can make it to.

So I'm guessing then that expecting around 25% charge or so is where my expectations should be? Would be nice to get to 100 so I don't have to stop on the way home, but if the expectation is around 25% at least if I roll in with 6% I know I'm rolling out around 30% and can figure out which supercharger I can make it to.
Is charging before you get there not an option...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter