evc and boats

fran99999

DIS Veteran
Stupid question. We are staying at BC, can I take my evc on the boat transportation to/from Epcot? My son will want to take them. Yes I know it would probably be faster to walk/ride over.

I just am not sure of the boats. We have PS for O'hana's and I thought we could go thru epcot to the Monorail over for a nice scenic ride.

Thanx

:wave:

Absolutely you can use the Friendship boats to/from Epcot!!

Carol

The question has already been answered, but I wanted to let you know to make sure you leave AT LEAST an hour time to travel from the boats at the BC to the Polynesian. I wasn't sure how many times you've been to Disney and how familiar you are with monorails. LOL, my family and I did this the night of our rehearsal dinner (which we had at O'hana's), and it took us at least this long. In order to get to the Poly from BC you take the Friendship Boat to Epcot, which drops you off at the back gate to Epcot, in the World Showcase. From there you must travel the full length of the park to get to the front and then exit for the monorail station. Then you must board the monorail to the Ticket Transportation Center (TTC). After this, you must switch monorails to the resort monorail. The good news is that the Poly is the first stop after the TTC. This will be QUITE a journey, as it was for us. It may be a little more challenging with an ECV. Just want to prepare you so that you don't miss your PS at O'hana's! Make sure you leave PLENTY of time. That is my absolute favorite restaurant on property! Have fun!

Originally posted by Disneybride8603
I wanted to let you know to make sure you leave AT LEAST an hour time to travel from the boats at the BC to the Polynesian. In order to get to the Poly from BC you take the Friendship Boat to Epcot, which drops you off at the back gate to Epcot, in the World Showcase. From there you must travel the full length of the park to get to the front and then exit for the monorail station. Then you must board the monorail to the Ticket Transportation Center (TTC). After this, you must switch monorails to the resort monorail.

Bus BC to MK then monorail to Poly is MUCH faster and ECV accessible too.

Andrew

Quite True, it does take awhile.

Once when my friend and myself decided we wanted to get to the Studios from Ft. Wilderness on ECVs without using a bus, it took us TWO hours. It was a pleasant way to spend the morning, but it did take some time.

We took the boat from Ft. Wilderness to MK, then took the monorail to TTC, then switched monorails to go to Epcot, then rode though Epcot, then rode down the path over to the Studios.

Hope you and your son have a pleasant journey!!

Carol

Andrew's way would be much faster than the boat to EPCOT, going through EPCOT (using admission media), monorail to TTC and then resort monorail.

However if you will already be using your pass that day, going through EPCOT to the monorail and then going straight to the Polynesian (you don't need to take the resort monorail from the TTC but instead can just follow the paths) may be just as fast because the BC bus to MK doesn't run very frequently in our limited experience. I remember sitting with my DD in a power chair for at least 1/2 hour waiting for a bus from BC to MK in the afternoon. Very frustrating! I kept thinking that we just should have cruised through EPCOT!

I would also try to take the boat another time...it will add on so much extra time to use it to go to EPCOT. Or take Andrew's route to MK, take the ferry to the TTC and follow the path or take the resort monorail to the Polynesian. The ferry is lots better than the Friendship boats anyway IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter