• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EVC on Blue Boat to Hoop Dee Doo Review?

lphillip459

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or asking the right question, but I'm sure my DIS friends will be able to point me in the right direction.

Staying at the Contemporary. Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. When I was more mobile, we used to go there on the Blue flag boat from hotel to Ft Wilderness. Can't find anywhere that says that those boats have EVC accessibility.

1. Do they have accessibility? If not,
2. What's the best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo from Contemporary?

I'm just afraid if we took the bus, it would take hours to get there, when it is right across the lake...

TIA

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum or asking the right question, but I'm sure my DIS friends will be able to point me in the right direction.

Staying at the Contemporary. Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. When I was more mobile, we used to go there on the Blue flag boat from hotel to Ft Wilderness. Can't find anywhere that says that those boats have EVC accessibility.

1. Do they have accessibility? If not,
2. What's the best way to get to Hoop Dee Doo from Contemporary?

I'm just afraid if we took the bus, it would take hours to get there, when it is right across the lake...

TIA
if I remember correctly not on the Contemporary to Fort boat but most times the boat from MK to the Fort can take ECV. depends on lake water levels. also if you do not know you will have to use the magic door from Trails End to get into Hoop as there are steps at Hoop doors

Don't have time to write more right now, but.....
The SMALL boats that go between the MK resorts and other MK locations are NOT wheelchair or ECV accessible.

The large motor launches that go between MK/Ft Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge are accessible (at least most of the times

We have done a wheelchair on the small boat but had to fold it up. We have also seen them make a trip to other resorts for those with a ecv on the big boat they did have to wait for a little while

You can also go to Wilderness Lodge, and take the internal shuttle from Wildy to the Outpost.

After you check in at the podium at Hoop Dee Do, then you will go up the ramp in front of Trail's End. Wait on the porch for a CM to come get you (unless you are directed otherwise by the CMs running Hoop Dee Do)

Handicapped access is only Category 1 and Category 2 seating. If you can park the ECV (a CM will show you where) and walk, you will find it MUCH easier.

We were just there a week ago, and we noticed that there seemed to be fewer tables and a bit more spacing between them, but we were not sure if that was due to the fact that they had changed the show a tiny bit, or if it was to accommodate one of the dance numbers that takes place in the audience.

Is there an internal bus between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, especially given that they're entirely separate resorts? The OP would still need to get to WL somehow.

Options would include making your way to MK, then either taking the boat directly to FW; or bus to FW, then internal bus to HDDR.

Is there an internal bus between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, especially given that they're entirely separate resorts? The OP would still need to get to WL somehow.

Options would include making your way to MK, then either taking the boat directly to FW; or bus to FW, then internal bus to HDDR.
There is a bus that runs between WL and FW, I think it is the orange internal route. There is NOT a bus between MK and FW.

I was just there and I am not saying this will happen for you but they did let some people on the boat that goes from FW to MK ( this boat is WC/ECV accessible) and they dropped them off at the contepary so you might be able to go down to the boat and ask then

There is a bus that runs between WL and FW, I think it is the orange internal route. There is NOT a bus between MK and FW.
one of the internal bus routes goes to the Lodge and back. to get to the fort from MK with stopping at the Lodge will include changing buses at the Lodge. would be easier to just boat from MK to the Fort

We were at Trails End on Sunday and there was a bus from Studios to Ft Wilderness Depot and then you take a internal bus to Settlement area

A couple of caveats: I drove buses, not boats, and I retired a year ago, so I'm not completely up-to-date, but:

Everything in the thread looks correct, as far as I know:
  • Buses run between MK & WL
  • The Yellow FtW shuttle (not Orange) runs between WL & FtW
  • No direct bus between MK & FtW (unless weather shuts down the boats)
  • Boats between CR & FtW usually are not accessible
  • Boats between MK & FtW are accessible, but there are usually at least 2 boats on the route, and 1 of them may be inaccessible, so you might have to wait for a 2nd boat
Betty is the expert on FtW, and I agree with her last post: your best bet is to go to MK, and wait for an accessible boat to FtW. If the rest of your party are good walkers (and the weather is good), it would be quickest to walk to MK; it's only about 1/3 mi. and the path is well-suited to ecv's. You might have to go thru the bag check at MK with the new setup; I'm not sure exactly where bags are checked now for Guests walking from CR.

I would leave 90 minutes before the show, because I think the accessible boats (Cruisers) can only take 2 ecv's at a time. 90 minutes is the standard recommendation for travel between resorts.

I have seen a boat bound for WL from MK take on an ecv and drop it at FtW, probably because he knew the next boat to FtW was not accessible, but it would be up to the watercraft cast to make that offer.

Hope this helps.

I have a similar question, we are staying at Contemporary\BLT and have a breakfast at Wilderness Lodge\Whispering Canyon. Our DS18 is in a WC and cannot transfer. Since the "small" boat is not accessible, I'm thinking that my next options would be:
1. Walk to MK and take the bus from MK to WL
2. Walk to MK and take the boat from MK to WL

Other ideas?

What about the new security set up at MK? If we want to take the boat, does that mean we have to go thru bag check? If so, that would definitely clinch it for taking the bus.

Thanks

I have a similar question, we are staying at Contemporary\BLT and have a breakfast at Wilderness Lodge\Whispering Canyon. Our DS18 is in a WC and cannot transfer. Since the "small" boat is not accessible, I'm thinking that my next options would be:
1. Walk to MK and take the bus from MK to WL
2. Walk to MK and take the boat from MK to WL

Other ideas?

What about the new security set up at MK? If we want to take the boat, does that mean we have to go thru bag check? If so, that would definitely clinch it for taking the bus.

Thanks
I would take the boat from MK to the WL and from what I have read, not done myself, you will go through security but usually little to no back up at security from Contemporay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter