EVC return times and Genie+

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
I am heading to D-Land to celebrate my friend's 60th birthday second week in January-Unfortunately, I will be 6 week post-op from a lower back surgery. I am going to rent a Scooterbug for my four day stay. We already have tickets with Genie+. We will not have a DAS pass. I have to skip many of the E-Ticket rides but I want my friend to enjoy them, so I was thinking of hanging with her in the queue and then using the chicken exit. I'm wondering if that is feasible?
My second question is about wheelchair return times and Genie+. I know I cannot stand for more than 15 minutes, so I need the ECV in line. So how do wheelchair return times and Genie+ work together?
thanks!

Last edited:
A lot of the older rides in DL are not big enough to allow you to stay in your ECV so if you want to ride one of these you just ask the cast member at the ride entrance if they could give you a return ride option. This will be the same as the posted wait time so you can go away and sit somewhere or do something else and then head back once your time arrives. You will then be directed to the ride exit and get on the ride there. Some of the newer rides you will be able to stay in your ECV in the line. If you don't want to or can't ride just check with the cast member at the ride entrance who will let you know whether there is a chicken exit that you can use once you have waited in line with your friend.

I used an ECV last time and rode as much as I could with G+. I would just park my ECV somewhere close to the ride and enter the G+ return line as there was very little wait using that system. I could easily endure the short stand in line until I got on the ride using G+.

Over in DCA most of the rides have wider waiting lanes so you can just stay in your ECV there.

A lot of the older rides in DL are not big enough to allow you to stay in your ECV so if you want to ride one of these you just ask the cast member at the ride entrance if they could give you a return ride option. This will be the same as the posted wait time so you can go away and sit somewhere or do something else and then head back once your time arrives. You will then be directed to the ride exit and get on the ride there. Some of the newer rides you will be able to stay in your ECV in the line. If you don't want to or can't ride just check with the cast member at the ride entrance who will let you know whether there is a chicken exit that you can use once you have waited in line with your friend.

I used an ECV last time and rode as much as I could with G+. I would just park my ECV somewhere close to the ride and enter the G+ return line as there was very little wait using that system. I could easily endure the short stand in line until I got on the ride using G+.

Over in DCA most of the rides have wider waiting lanes so you can just stay in your ECV there.
Thanks for the tips!

I am heading to D-Land to celebrate my friend's 60th birthday second week in January-Unfortunately, I will be 6 week post-op from a lower back surgery. I am going to rent a Scooterbug for my four day stay. We already have tickets with Genie+. We will not have a DAS pass. I have to skip many of the E-Ticket rides but I want my friend to enjoy them, so I was thinking of hanging with her in the queue and then using the chicken exit. I'm wondering if that is feasible?
My second question is about wheelchair return times and Genie+. I know I cannot stand for more than 15 minutes, so I need the ECV in line. So how do wheelchair return times and Genie+ work together?
thanks!
First of all, I hope your surgery goes well.

I think accompanying your friend in the queue depends on the ride. When I went to DL with a bad back I stopped and asked a plaid which rides would be ok for me, and she gave me a list. You might be able to do something similar with figuring out which rides you can take your ECV into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter