• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Evening Extra Magic Hours at MK

johnrd

Earning My Ears
The Magic Kingdom has evening extra magic hours on a day we plan on being there. What are the crowd levels like for the evening extra hours? Is it worth staying from 10:00pm-12:00am and doing with an 8 and 10 year old?

Also very interested in this info, my guess would be it's pretty tame crowd wise.

There's just something about the atmosphere of MK after dark that I absolutely love. Whenever we've done Evening EMH at Magic Kingdom it's been one of my very favourite things. We don't even have kids, just my husband and I. The park looks fantastic with all the lights and I'd say do it for sure - and plan a sleep-in day the next day. That being said if you have something early to do the next day it may make everyone grouchy, but if you can plan a late day the day following it's a no-brainer. Crowds won't be as bad as they are during the day as the parents of little ones usually stay away, but I'd try it out anyway and know that the crowds thin the closer you get to midnight.... and even if you jump in line at 11:58 for a ride they'll let you ride it even if the experience takes you past midnight.

In my personal experience, the crowds are still fairly heavy (not insane, but far from an empty park) and I’ve noticed that they aren’t running rides that used to be run during evening EMH in the past. For example, a couple of years ago both jungle cruise and splash mountain were closed during them. Could’ve just been a fluke thing though.

The last time we went it was not worth it. It was crowded during the EMH and wait times stayed a little high clear up until about half hour before it was over. The last 30 minutes was the best time but it wasnt worth it fighting crowds all day until then. We went the first part of August. I love being there at night though.

We did it back in October and the only ride that felt like it had a long wait was Peter Pan.

The lines when we were there in January (the EMH was from 8-10) were still quite long. We walked right on POC, but waited about a half hour for both BTM and Space Mountain. We did want to hit up a couple other rides, but by that point it was around 930 and Buzz was posted at 25 minutes so we just left.

I've seen people say the later the hours the better though. So since it wasn't really open that late could be why the lines were so long.

We did it in February and it was fantastic. If your kids can handle staying up til midnight, go for it.

I think the evening emh really isn’t too great anymore. There are tons of hotels included and the park still feels really crowded. That could be because a lot of them are earlier (ending at 11-12 instead of 2) than they used to be so more people are willing to stay for emh.

I think the evening emh really isn’t too great anymore. There are tons of hotels included and the park still feels really crowded. That could be because a lot of them are earlier (ending at 11-12 instead of 2) than they used to be so more people are willing to stay for emh.

I've never done an evening one Haley! But my son and I are going to definitely give it a try on our June trip at MK and EPCOT!

That's all we can do. I think for me...it's about seeing MK at night. I've seen EPCOT as I've stayed there till near close before. My son and I might stand in line or two if it's not beyond 20 minutes. You can't do FPs on EMH correct?

That's all we can do. I think for me...it's about seeing MK at night. I've seen EPCOT as I've stayed there till near close before. My son and I might stand in line or two if it's not beyond 20 minutes. You can't do FPs on EMH correct?
Correct, no FPS during emh. That helps the lines move faster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter