Evening resort activities for after HDDR dinner show in November?

OhanaMomma

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place- I'm just curious about what resort activities are available in the evenings.
Last year we met my cousin at FWL for the camp fire and a movie and it was AWESOME! This year, my family of 12 people are going to Hoop Dee Doo Review and are interested in taking it easy after, since this will be a non-park evening. I was thinking the camp fire and movie would be fun- but I saw that due to construction the movies under the stars is now indoors and because of dry weather, camp fires are prohibited at the time. Is the sing along still going on? Does anyone know if this is going to extend into November?
Any other suggestions for a large group in the resort area?

Thank you so much!

No one knows if the burn ban will still be live in November. The movies under the stars at Fort Wilderness have still been outside. Only at Wilderness Lodge, which is a completely separate property, has construction moved them inside. The construction there will be done by November, but no plans have been announced for where movies will take place; the beach at WL is gone, replaced with luxury cabin villas.

No one knows if the burn ban will still be live in November. The movies under the stars at Fort Wilderness have still been outside. Only at Wilderness Lodge, which is a completely separate property, has construction moved them inside. The construction there will be done by November, but no plans have been announced for where movies will take place; the beach at WL is gone, replaced with luxury cabin villas.

I think I have been confused in thinking WL and FW were the same place? So FW is where HDDR is held? Is this where the Chip N' Dale sing-along is? Sorry for my confusion...

I think I have been confused in thinking WL and FW were the same place? So FW is where HDDR is held? Is this where the Chip N' Dale sing-along is? Sorry for my confusion...
Yes, HDDR is at Fort Wilderness, as is the Chip n Dale Sing A Long. Movies are still outside there.

I suspect hurricane season will saturate everything sufficiently to have fires again.

In November the sing-along will probably start at 7 and the movie at 8. I don't know what time the HDDR will be over, but you will need about 20 minutes to get over to the Meadows from the Settlement area.

Oh! We are going in December and are big campers but staying at AoA. I will make sure to schedule HDDR so that we can par take in the campfire and sing along!

At Ft. W, we also love to walk around the stables (if you have young children, they sometimes have pony rides available). If you go inside, you can see the bigger horses and an old calliope which is really neat. There is also a playground and a nice gift shop near the theater.

If you are there in December you need to take time to see all of the RVs decorated for Christmas. You can see some with a carriage ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter