• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever been in a play/musical

stinkerbell2009

I'm suffering from a severe case of Disney Withdra
Has anyone ever been in a school play and or musical??? I've been in Anne of green Gables, All i need to know i learned in kindergarten, and It's a wonderful life. Tell what you've been in, if u had a lead, and any pics u have.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

I've been in a few. most were written by me or a teacher. I directed several too. I don't think I was the lead in any... I prefer to be backstage anyway.

I was in a couple...

The Little Mermaid- Jetsam the eel
Cinderella- Portia the stepsister
The sound of music- ensamble
Annie Jr- Sandy (yes the dog :blush: )
Annie (directed by another group) -orphan/ ensamble
The Wizard of Oz- Sissy (It was some twisted up version, they kind of added stuff to it)
Another Wizard of Oz- munchkin :scared:
Mary Poppins- Ensamble
A lot more I can't think of...

I only been in a few:

-The Dust of the Road: Auntie (it's an obscure play)
-The American Dream: Chorus
-The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy

..and that's only three! :rotfl:

I've been in few..but at the moment, i'm a bit to lazy to think of them right now

yeah, tons. We just finished The Crucible for my high school. I was Sarah Good (60 year old alcoholic with gray hair).

Upcoming is Machinal, which I didn't audition for but i'm doing crew. It's really dark and sad and creepy, based on a true story about a woman who was sentenced to die via electric chair.

And then is the musical Guys and Dolls, which I will be in.

I can't wait!

TiggerLove101 said:
yeah, tons. We just finished The Crucible for my high school. I was Sarah Good (60 year old alcoholic with gray hair).

Upcoming is Machinal, which I didn't audition for but i'm doing crew. It's really dark and sad and creepy, based on a true story about a woman who was sentenced to die via electric chair.

And then is the musical Guys and Dolls, which I will be in.

I can't wait!

Ahh, The Crucible...good play, good play.... :rotfl2:

The two years I've been able to be in plays for school, the plays they've had I don't like--
Last year; Grease (Go Grease Lightnin', you're burnin' up the quarter line. Grease Lightnin', Go Grease Lightnin'!)
This Year; Bye Bye Birdie (We love you Conrad, Oh yes we do, We Love you Conrad, and we'll be true. When you're not near us, we're blue! Oh Conrad we love you...)

I've been in several plays

Mrs. Santa saves Christmas- Mrs. Santa (lead)
Robin Hood- Fairy/Chorus
Jack and the Beanstalk- Orchestranian (this was a really weird version)
Snow White- Deer/Chorus
Weird play in fourth grade (had no title)- Haley Storm (the weather lady)and J.K. Rowling these were really funny to do, because we had to write our own script and we had to audition for the class and then the class voted on who they wanted the people to be.
Alice in Wonderland- Dora the Door Mouse
Adventures of Tom and Huck- Becky Thatcher (girl lead)

I love theater!

I've been in many musicals:

(these are all when I was little)
Honk: Lowbutt
How to Eat Like a Child: ensemble
Charlotte's Web: Fern (lead)
The Granny Awards: Fairy Godmother (lead)

(these are camp shows)
Broadway Rocks: Narrator (lead)
Broadway Rocks 2: Virginia (lead)
The Enchanted Forest: ensemble
Kander and Ebb: Sally (lead. this was a major role for me, it really was when I came out of my shell, and became a true actress) :)

(these are senior performance company shows, ages 13-18, and where I proudly am now)
Les Miserables: ensemble
City of Angels: Angel City Six
The Mystery of Edwin Drood: ensemble
Seussical: Cindy Lou Who
Company: Jenny (lead. It closed yesterday. probably the most fun role I've ever played, and a huge turning point in my life)

Yeah, that's the list. Long, but I'm very proud of it. Our next play is Once On This Island. ::yes::

Les Miserables - Ensemble
Grease - Cheerleader/Teen Angel
The Wiz - Ensemble

Yah...I'm not much of a singer...hahahahahaha, I'd rather be in dramas or comedies...

Right now I'm in "The Skin of Our Teeth" by Thorton Wilder....now THIS is a FUN and BIZARRE play!!!

Mary Poppins: Understudy(to mary)
Aladdin: neela (part they made up lol)
Cinderella: Cinderella
Into the woods: Snow White

there are more, but I don't really feel like listing them....

March 06' Once Upon a Mattress-Chorus/Ensemble
April 05' Grease- Chorus/Ensemble-Understudy for Frenchie
December 04'- Into the Woods-Baker's Wife

I was in a play last year in fifth grade. I was Tallyrand's secretary. The play was about these three news reporters traveling back in time. I only had one line though, which was ok with me.

I heart being in musicals...

I've been in...
Grease - ensemble
Damn Yankees - ensemble
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - wife/Angel in Heaven female soloist
Bye Bye Birdie - Mayor's Wife
The Boyfriend - ensemble
Annie - Mrs. Greer
Guys and Dolls - Agatha

and right now, I'm in A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to The Forum in the ensemble. we open a month from today! :)

and this summer, I'll be in Once Upon a Mattress with the summer theatre company I'm involved with. I'm hoping for the part of Queen Aggravain! :)

i guess you wouldn't call this a play but i was in a Christmas play when i was in 1st and 2nd grade both times an angel. and we did a reenactment for Christmas and I was Mary i didn't get to talk tho...

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead - Ophelia

Jason & Medea - Medea

My school mostly does Theatre Nights though (compilations of various scenes) I've been in that 3 years. And I've played;

Deedee - Turning Point
Kitty - Kitty the Waitress
Julia - Zastrozzi

I'm currently working on a monoglue from Hamlet (it's not REALLY a monoglue, but my teacher & I turned it into one) It's Ophelia going mad. I'm really excited about it (performing on wednsday) I'm really excited about my theatreical concept. I think it's Killer =] :flower3:

P.S-sorry about the colours...I've just discovered you can put coloured text! It's exciting =]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter