• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever Drive From Ohio To Disney? I Need Your Help!

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
This is our first ever long road trip and we're pretty excited! We'll be staying a few days at our DVC home at Hilton Head then heading down to Disney. It should take us about 5 hours from Hilton Head (according to our driving directions from expedia) so that's all taken care of. What concerns me is the return home. Can anyone recommend a good stopping place/location returning from Disney? I think the drive home is about 16 hours and I was hoping to drive about 10 hours, stop for the night and then finish the other 6 hours home. Any suggestions from the veteran drivers out there? Thanks in advance!

Lisa,

Dh and I are travel experts when it comes to driving from Michigan to WDW (we did it 4 times last year!)...well, at least i think we are experts! LOL!!

But, we drive it straight through (takes us about 17-18 hours).
A good stop might be just north of Atlanta (It takes us about 7 hours from Atlanta to WDW).

Hope someone can help you better!

Kamy

I assume you be driving I77 since you are stopping at HH. Charlotte might be a good place since it takes me about 6 hours to get there from central Ohio. If you want to stop earlier than that I would recommend finding a place on I95 before you turn onto I26. There are more hotels on I95 and there are stretches of I26 with nothing. St. George SC is right before you turn onto 26.

We leave in a week and I can't wait. The drive is very easy and hopefully we won't run into any major construction. Have a safe trip.

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! We really appreciate it. We usually fly so this is an adventure for us. I love to squeeze in a couple of trips a year and if driving is as "fun" as we hope, that just may happen!

Hi,

Charlotte is a very good place to stop. Lots of hotels to choose from. If you need a nice sized room (Sleeps up to 6)with a really nice free breakfast check out Amerisuites at the Charlotte/Arrowood exit. Check about 2 weeks before you leave they sometimes have online specials listed then.

We are from Mentor. We have driven down the last 8 times. This will be our first time flying down since 1989. Just added on at HH and booked a grand villa for June. Can't wait.

Mary

Thanks Mary!

Hilton Head is my home resort and we love it there. I'm kinda sad we're not spending the whole week at Hilton Head but I am having major Disneyworld withdrawal so I waitlisted for some days at OKW and they came through so Disney here we come!

I am thinking about making a reservation for a Residence Inn in Charlotte just off the freeway. I think its brand new and I really want the room to spread out even though we'll probably check in late in the evening. They have a special for a penthouse (max 6) people for $99. I didn't think that was too bad. Anyway, thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter