Ever give a false name when boarding

It’s a game we play when we are waiting in line. We all try to come up with the funniest family name. A previous poster was right-nobody notices but us, but it helps to pass the time.

DD went ahead and said we were the Stella Lou family. DD enjoyed it being announced. Nobody else there cared.

And during the cruise, when she wore her StellaLou bag, CMs said what a cute bunny bag she had. Even the merchandise CMs has no idea.

I don't get the announcements, to me it is totally pointless and makes me feel awkward. So, I just walk on. Fake names are not my thing either, not my kind of humor.

On top of that my real first and last name are a pain to pronounce for English speaking people ;) better for all to just keep going.
You are not alone.

When you finally get onboard the ship and the cast member ask you the family name. What would or have you ever given a fake last name? Just as a joke I always wanted todo that, like Trump or Kardisian.
We give our actual family name and feel like it is a wonderful way to begin our cruise. I'm afraid if people start/continue giving obvious fake names that they will discontinue the practice, which would be a shame.

We use our real name--the kids and I actually like the idea of being personally welcomed on board. We work so hard for our vacations (even the kids do chores to earn their souvenir/treats money) so being told the [our name] family has arrived it adds to the feeling of "we did it, we're here!!"

I don't get the announcements, to me it is totally pointless and makes me feel awkward. So, I just walk on. Fake names are not my thing either, not my kind of humor.

On top of that my real first and last name are a pain to pronounce for English speaking people ;) better for all to just keep going.

Totally agree with you. It was fun the first time but i also feel awkward now ;)

We have a Star Wars cruise in a couple weeks.

"Skywalker" seems an appropriate family name. Probably go with that.

There might be a lot of Skywalkers onboard

You can always do "Organa" "Erso" or "Calrissian" if you are looking for something a little less popular. Or Palpatine, which might provoke a funny reaction from the crew or other guests if you're looking for a bit of a laugh.

What do they do for friends, instead of family? Do they just give all their names or only one name?
ie: Jane Doe, Sally Smith and Brenda Jones or just Ms. Doe and friends or something else?
My sorority sister & I went on a cruise together and had already planned to use our sorority family name (Starry Family) but we suddenly blanked on what our names were and they just asked us if we were friends and we said yes and they asked our first names and that was our intro. "Welcome Sarah & Gabby"

We have a blended family so 2 different last names. Dh always just calls us "the Awesome family". When boarding for our Med cruise last summer, the CM refused to say "Awesome family".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter