Ever had your waitlist come through within 7 days?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Or even at check-in? What if your waitlist is for a different resort than you're currently booked at? I'm at BWV and my waitlist is approaching 7 days. Within 7 days, they said I'd have to call every day to see if what I want is available. Has anyone ever done that successfully? Right now, I'm booked for 1 nite in a Preferred, garden view, then 2 nites in a Boardwalk view at BWV. I'm actually on 2 waitslists-the first nite in a Boardwalk view, or all 3 nites over at the BCV. Either way at least I don't have to change rooms during my stay. Should I bother calling, do you think I have a chance, or should I just ask at check-in?

I'd call - it only takes a few minutes and if you don't, someone else (who does call)may get what you want! Hope it all works out so you don't have to move.

Best wishes -

I am getting to my seven day point now as well. Called yesterday to MS as I was unclear as to when my waitlist officially expires.I was told that they will continue to search for me through Monday 8/15. I am waitlisted for a dedicated 2 bdrm BCV for one night 8/21 and currently have a ressie for a 1bdrm and studio. The rest of the week 8/22-8/26 we are in a dedicated 2 bdrm at bcv and would love to not have to move! This is our first trip "home" and I am still learning the quagmire of DVC! I checked the WDW website for a 2 bdrm villa at BCV for 8/21 last night and it was available, so I am hoping that by some kind of miracle I am able to make some changes at check in. WE shall see! Good luck with your waitlist! :wizard:

I had a reservation for a dedicted 2 bed 2 queen at BCV in October that I added a day to at the end of the reservation... but I couldnt get the 2 bed 2 queen option for the last night...

I called everyday the last 7 days... including the morning we left... no go... I would still have to move on the last night.... (shoot darn rats)

We arrive at BCV and they check me in, print out the parking pass and have me sign everything and I realize that everything I am signing is for the whole stay... I asked them if I had to move on the last night, and they looked at me like I was crazy... Um. No they said... then I became crazy!!!

SO it can happen....

Wish you the best!

I had a wait-list call come through about 5 minutes before we were walking out the door to drive to oKW.
It was only a 1 hour drive

We had a two bedroom booked at OKW for two nights, then we had to move to two rooms at POR for the remainder of the stay because we waitlisted and OKW didn't come through. We called every day the week before we had to move, and when we checked into the two bedroom at OKW we asked again, but still nothing. On THE DAY we were supposed to check out of OKW and transfer, there was a message on our telephone in the room telling us the room we were in was available for the remainder of the stay, and we didn't have to move if we didn't want to. So sometimes waitlist miracles do happen.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it is worth my time to call BWV. Well, actually I call MS, right? And thanks to NUHuskies #1, I know when to call since I'm looking for 8/23. If you're "covered" thru 8/15 for 8/21, I assume I start calling 8/17 for 8/23, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter