Ever happened to you?? What would you have thought??

disneyquestions

DIS Veteran
Today I went to the mall to get my eyebrows threaded. I got them done, and the price was $11. I gave the woman a 10 dollar bill and 4 quarters. She said that they don't accept change :confused3 and refused to take it. I told her it was all I had (I had another 4 quarters for her tip) so if she wanted the total amount, she was going to have to take the money because after all, change is still legal tender...

I can understand a store worker getting upset if I tried to pay in ALL quarters, but this was just one dollar out of 11. She said that next time, I had to pay in paper bills - I didn't say anything, but there won't be a next time for me in that establishment. Last time I was there (my first time there), the woman asked me several times if I wanted to get my upper lip threaded. I said no each time - I'm only 30, and I have light blonde hair - there is no need for me to get it done. The final time she asked me, she gave me this look like "Your not getting that upper lip waxed????" This was my last chance at this place! :eek:

I would go somewhere else the next time.

^

Reminds me of the story in the news about the guy who sued the phone service for cost of texting. He ordered the unlimited plan, but they didnt give him that plan. Had an 1000 dollar + bill. He lost in court since he did sign the paperwork etc.

He paid off his debt in pennys. Phone Co refused it. He said he has paid and considers the case closed. Went back to court and they sided with the guy saying there is no law against how he paid.

He still had to pay $1000, but the pennys eased that pain a bit. LOL

I'd ask if there was a sign posted. If there wasn't, I'd tell her that I was sorry, but it looked like all she was getting was $10, and have her call mall security to call the police if she wanted, because change is legal tender in this country, and unless posted, she needed to accept it.

Today I went to the mall to get my eyebrows threaded. I got them done, and the price was $11. I gave the woman a 10 dollar bill and 4 quarters. She said that they don't accept change :confused3 and refused to take it. I told her it was all I had (I had another 4 quarters for her tip) so if she wanted the total amount, she was going to have to take the money because after all, change is still legal tender...

I can understand a store worker getting upset if I tried to pay in ALL quarters, but this was just one dollar out of 11. She said that next time, I had to pay in paper bills - I didn't say anything, but there won't be a next time for me in that establishment. Last time I was there (my first time there), the woman asked me several times if I wanted to get my upper lip threaded. I said no each time - I'm only 30, and I have light blonde hair - there is no need for me to get it done. The final time she asked me, she gave me this look like "Your not getting that upper lip waxed????" This was my last chance at this place! :eek:

This has never happened to me. Pretty crazy that the worker wouldn't take change!? Yea...I wouldn't be going back either!

Yeah, I'd be done with that place. There are 100s of other salons who would gladly take your dollars and quarters. And they will happily wax whatever you want and leave everthing else alone for ya.

Yeah I wouldn't be going there again.....just curious what is eyebrow threading? I mean I get mine waxed and shaped up but i am not sure I have heard of threading before.

I'd ask if there was a sign posted. If there wasn't, I'd tell her that I was sorry, but it looked like all she was getting was $10, and have her call mall security to call the police if she wanted, because change is legal tender in this country, and unless posted, she needed to accept it.

:thumbsup2

You would think any business nowadays would appreciate costumers :confused3

I would go somewhere else the next time.

::yes:: Change is legal currency. Just because it inconvenienced her (though I don't know how, it's not like you tried to pay in pennies) she's got to take it. When I was a waitress, I used to get bills with $4 or $5 worth of change as my tip. Was it annoying? Sometimes but it was still money, I wasn't going to not take it. I keep all my change until it's time for vacation and then I cash it all in for some extra spending money. :thumbsup2 So I never minded!

Not only would I stop going there, I'd tell the owner/manager exactly why I was no longer giving them my money.

Sounds like they may be trying to get you to pay with more money in the hopes that they can get you to tell them to keep the change (for example, a ten and a five) - particularly since they seem to keep trying to manipulate you into paying for additional services. I'm with you, I wouldn't go back either.

:rotfl2: They don't take one dollar in quarters?! How strange!

Oh, and years ago I went in to get my eyebrows waxed. The lady asked me about 15 times if I wanted my upper lip waxed. Um, I have zero hair on my upper lip. After I left I texted everyone I knew asking if they thought (or could see) if I had hair on my upper lip :lmao:.

Not only would I stop going there, I'd tell the owner/manager exactly why I was no longer giving them my money.

This. I'd want to know if it's actually store policy of if you just ran into a problem employee. If the former, the owner needs to know that customers don't appreciate the ridiculous policy of refusing to accept legal tender; if the latter, the owner should know that employee is running off business.

This happened to me when I got my brows waxed one time. Never went back. It was very rude. If I wanted my upper lip waxed, don't you think I would ASK to get it done?

Yeah that would be their last chance with me too.

I had something similar happen at Disney.
DH collects change all day so I used all quarters to put into the Mousekeeping envelope. They didn't take it ! It was clearly labeled for them, and I moved it around to a different place every day. Nope they still wouldn't take it. Hey $2 is $2 if they woun't take my tip I'll take it back home.

This. I'd want to know if it's actually store policy of if you just ran into a problem employee. If the former, the owner needs to know that customers don't appreciate the ridiculous policy of refusing to accept legal tender; if the latter, the owner should know that employee is running off business.

In all truth, she gave me kind of a strange look when I walked in there, and kept just... looking.... at me. I didn't know why.... I wasn't dressed crazy or anything!!!! LOL Well, my shirt is green, and has pink sharks on it.... :lmao: But still! :laughing:

Come to think of it, maybe you should call and ask for the manager. Tell them they lost a customer because their employee didn't want your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter