• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever have a book freak you out?

Was it The Langoliers?

I haven`t read that book but there was a three part tv show and that`s the plot, more or less.....it was very odd and I said the book must have been better.

They take off and some fall asleep and when they wake up, most of the passengers have disappeared, they then land at an airport and there`s no one else there, and no sound whatsoever......then the langoliers appear....... ::yes::

i was gonna say The Langoliers. I often reference the plot for that book (when I’m driving and the weather makes it seem like there’s nothing behind us because it’s so dark or foggy).

i was gonna say The Langoliers. I often reference the plot for that book (when I’m driving and the weather makes it seem like there’s nothing behind us because it’s so dark or foggy).

lol...yes, it was a bit like that, I can see the comparison working.

It was a very odd series on the tv, it`s a good few years since I`ve seen it, might have to seek it out now....... ::yes::

The Handmaid's Tale. I love thrillers and horror novels. But I read that in the late '80s for the first time (read it several more times since), and I still clearly remember waking up scared from dreams about that book. I've only watched the first season of the Hulu series, but episode 3 did the same decades later. There are scenes from that episode that I can't shake.

Was it The Langoliers?

I haven`t read that book but there was a three part tv show and that`s the plot, more or less.....it was very odd and I said the book must have been better.

They take off and some fall asleep and when they wake up, most of the passengers have disappeared, they then land at an airport and there`s no one else there, and no sound whatsoever......then the langoliers appear....... ::yes::

I think that's the one :)

I just remember them trying to find someplace to land, and the airport below them falling away or turning black!
It was too intense for me, and not great if you have to fly, LOL>

I think that's the one :)

I just remember them trying to find someplace to land, and the airport below them falling away or turning black!
It was too intense for me, and not great if you have to fly, LOL>

I think that was them taking off....at least in the tv show it was. The land was disappearing as they were taking off and you could see the planet turning into just darkness.....I think that was The Langoliers eating the planet or the world that existed wherever they had wandered into. They desperately had to take off before they were encompassed into the darkness too.

I think it was some kind of wormhole they had apparently flown through that took them to a place that was inhabited by these alien beings/creatures.

Yes, not one to watch before flying.......:eek:

Yes, more than once ... but the first time I really remember it was in college. I was alone in my college apartment; my roommates were all gone. It was dark, and I was in my room with a single lamp burning.

I can't remember the name of the novel, but it was reading for class. The novel was about a miner being trapped underground after an accident: he dreaded the end of his single candle, and then he was in the dark. He had only a small amount of food that was meant for his lunch, and he didn't know when (or if) anyone would rescue him. He was trapped on a small ledge and water blocked his pathway out.

As I read, suddenly I realized that my heart was racing, and I was breathing hard. I was genuinely terrified -- by words on a page! I had to get up, turn on all the lights, and walk around the apartment until I calmed down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter