• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

I agree! What's that all about??? I would have old them to stick it where the sun don't shine. If I were pregnant and cruising I would be in a bikini! (My husband looks preggers when he's in a swimsuit and they never ask him to cover up. I would have been furious!

Just the part of the CM asking an expectant mother to cover up is shocking in itself!:earseek: :earseek:

Originally posted by MarcyIn Florida
Wait -- why would someone have to cover their stomach on the cruise? :confused:

pulls her swimsuit top down

Meaning more then just her belly was showing:rotfl: :rotfl:

Originally posted by TheWog
we also had the ship pull up and dock across from you experience. Golden Princess docked in St. Maarten right next to us in the morning. Woman in the balcony cabin across from us didn't realize they pulled in to port while she was in the shower. She walks out to talk to her husband with some "onlookers" she was not aware of. Bet it was more shocking for her. :teeth: :hyper: Always close those blinds when docking hehehe

I did this on our first 7 nt Magic. I got out of the shower, curtains wide open and walked over to the veranda window. I am very nearsighted so I didn't see the folks on their verandas across the way until it was too late. They had been flashed, big time. :scared:

Great thread - some funny stories, some just gross:teeth:

The thing I can't believe is that someone would jump off Deck 4 into a harbour - what a complete dingdong!!! It would be so easy to DIE from that - not to mention who knows what the heck is in the harbour! For some reason that whole notion just gives me the giant heebeejeebeeies!:crazy2: :crazy2:

Just had to say to DutchsMommy: that is one cute baby you've got there. Just made me laugh with that great grin! :laughing:

I agree,great thread.
My sister and I took our first evre cruise this May.
Normally I´m easy angered by obnoxious behaviour,but Hey I´m on vacation.Unfortunatly I injured my knee on St.Maarten and had to keep it low for the rest of the week.But missing out on CC,no way.So I limbed very sowly with the help of two trams to serenity bay and found a nice place to enjoy.
Next thing two Mexican Ladies arrive,talking VERY loud to each other and in a walkietalkie to their husbands,settle down 3 chairs down the beach,talikng talking talking.
Guess what-10 minutes later the men arrive with kids(5 year old and baby with stroller and tons of stuff).
I told them very politly that this was the adult beach-no reaction.
My sister went swimming and sure enough baby starts crying.I got up,limped down the beach to find a castmember,who helped me back to my chair and then went to the family.
At first they pretended not to understand.so he send them away with more force.It was very amusing to see,how long it took for them to get all their stuff together and the noise that came with it.But after 20 minutes peace and quiet returned to serenity beach but the looks I got from them the rest of the day on the ship could have easyly killed me.

Lots of greetings from Germany
Conny

:wave2: :wave2:

I guess the Mom who complained thought it was inappropriate to be partially unclothed around young children. All of these kids were standing in line like little soldiers staring at this woman....and everyone has their own opinion on what is appropriate and what is not for their kids to see.

Phyllis

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by natsmom125
I guess the Mom who complained thought it was inappropriate to be partially unclothed around young children. All of these kids were standing in line like little soldiers staring at this woman....and everyone has their own opinion on what is appropriate and what is not for their kids to see.

Phyllis

Well, I thought, from your original post, that it was just her belly that was exposed. :D If she was freestyling it, that's another story. :p

OK, my funniest story was from someone in our group. Actually, I hadn't met him before, he is the BIL of my friend who joined us on the Magic this past September.

My friend's BIL liked wearing a large white cowboy hat all the time on the ship. At night, he wore western shirts to dinner.

While walking to dinner some kids spotted him and yelled to their parents, "Look! A Cowboy! Can we get a picture?" They thought he was one of the characters on the ship! My friend's BIL stopped and posed for the pictures and then went on to dinner!

DJ

When I last cruised on the Magic, I was sitting by the Mickey pool when I saw a lady sitting directly across from me. She was wearing a very skimpy bikini. Her son, who looked to be about 4 or 5 years old, came up to her, pulled her top to the side , and started to breast feed. When he was done, he put it back and jumped back into the water. I couldn't believe my eyes and though they must be European. The child did it a second time. I wanted to see if I could detect an accent and when I passed by her I noticed a distinct southern drawl! That still gives me a chuckle to this day.

That was what was so creepy about what I was witnessing. It was too weird to see a kid that old manhandle his mother like that. I believe in breastfeeding but that was too strange for me. I really thought they were European but it turned out they were from the US. And the fact that she did this in just a public place was beyond imagination. It truly was the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life.
The other thing I remember was a young couple with a toddler who insisted on allowing her in the main mickey pool. The lifeguard repeating told them she belonged in the "ear: because she was wearing a diaper. I overheard her say that this was her vacation and her daughter was going to go in the main pool. She would have her husband watch the life guard and she would stand in front of her kid to block the view of the life guard while she played in the main pool. She had to be told a few times. Of course, soon after watching these events, the pool had to be closed because of an accident in the pool. The mindset of some people is unbelieveable that they are allowed to have fun at other people's expense. That toddler was perfectly happy playing in the "ear" but her mother felt like (and I heard her say) we paid a lot for this cruise and my little darling is going to swim where ever she wants. Please!!!!!!

Ok, we bought a Mickey balloon at WDW and brought it on the ship. Well not knowing that if you have the veranda door open and you open up the stateroom door, WOOOOSSSSHHH out went Mickey. Thank God my Daughter was up in the pool with Mom! She never questioned about the balloon. :earsboy: :wave2:

Originally posted by brack
While I consider the "natural" method of feeding an infant the best for the child ........ right at the coffee station on deck 9, with NO COVER AT ALL, is not the proper place. I was stunned to see 'it".

Not sure what you mean by no cover at all (do you mean the entire breast was exposed?) but I also have to ask- what would have been the proper place? The bathroom stall or something of that nature?
*sigh*

As for the exposed belly- someone said people have different ideas of what is appropriate behavior... if it was ONLY the pregnant belly, it was inappropriate to ask her to cover it up no matter how many children were staring- it was just a belly! They were probably staring because it was so big! But there's nothing wrong with showing a belly, pregnant or not.
If you meant her breasts were also exposed, then please say so... but if not, they have no right to ask her to cover up her belly.

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Not sure what you mean by no cover at all (do you mean the entire breast was exposed?) but I also have to ask- what would have been the proper place? The bathroom stall or something of that nature?
*sigh*

I dont think they should have to breastfeed in the bathroom stall but a little discretion would be nice. I was on a plane and the lady next to my 11 year old god son just whiped her breast right out there and breastfed...he was so embarrassed and he was stuck there next to her on the plane the whole time she did that...a little cover up,, blanket etc would have been nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter