Ever tried Snow Cream before???

fluffernutter

Mouseketeer
Ever tried Snow Cream before??
Just thinking about the fluffernutters and things we ate as a kid, i remember when we spent winters upstate my parents made this weird concoction of freshly fallen snow (obviously before it got dirty,lol) and sugar,milk etc.
just wondering if my family were the only weird ones out there or not

for those interested in it, here is a recipe that my parents came up with,usually it was a little of this or a little of that but over the years they put it into measurements for us to hand down to our little ones one day.

snow cream:

1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cups sugar
CLEAN Snow

Instructions:
Go outside and get 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow! Bring it in the house and put it in the freezer until you need it.
Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream! Enjoy!!

We used to eat the snow - without the added ingredients - until we started hearing that air pollution was so bad that eating snow would make you sick. It's something I miss!

We made snow cream every year when I was growing up. It seems we had much more snow in Virginia when I younger. I am going to have to try this and see how many memories it brings back. :D

YES!!!!!!!!! WE GREW UP EATING THIS BUT THE RECIPE MY MOM USED WAS WITH EAGLE BRAND MILK. NOW SHE MAKES IT FOR MY CHILDREN AND THEY LOVE IT. LIVING IN THE SOUTH THAT IS NOT VERY OFTEN!! SHE ALSO MAKES A POTATO CANDY MADE WITH POTATOES AND PEANUT BUTTER WITH POWDERED SUGAR AS A FILLING ROLLED INTO A PINWHEEL AND SLICED. HAS TO STAY IN THE FRIDGE.GOOD IF YOU ARE A PEANUT BUTTER LOVER!!:jester:

I like to make chocolate snow cream. Just add a little chocolate syrup to fluffernutter's recipe.
I tried the one with sweetened condensed milk..YUCK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter